Crossfit Victories

Options

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Did Fran last night in 12:30. My previous time was 19:30 so I beat my old time by a long shot. Used 65# for thrusters and did kip pullups. I love benchmark days!

Fran was one of my better ones. Did 65 as well with ring rows in about 7:30. Looking forward to moving up in weight/difficulty and trying again.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    So I am new-ish to CrossFit and have been going only twice a week. The rest of the week has been spent at the regular gym.

This week I decided to switch it up and started on a new schedule where I CrossFit 4x a week; Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday. I am pretty sore but I have really enjoyed it and think this will be my schedule in the foreseeable future.
  • jsdcap
    jsdcap Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So I am new-ish to CrossFit and have been going only twice a week. The rest of the week has been spent at the regular gym.

This week I decided to switch it up and started on a new schedule where I CrossFit 4x a week; Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday. I am pretty sore but I have really enjoyed it and think this will be my schedule in the foreseeable future.

I would go three day to start, I just went from 3 days a week to 4 and it is a big difference, Last week I did 5 days. I asked my coach if he felt I was ready to go to more than 3 days a week. Just something to think about.
  • jsdcap
    Options
    Today really sore, Skill was 400m sprint, I cut 20+ seconds from 2 months ago. WOD 10 deadlifts, 10 Over the bar Burpees, 100M sprint * 4 rounds 15minute cap. I went with 225. Highest weight I have used in a WOD. I gave it everything I had. I did finish, in 16:38. The coach approached me after and told me he only extended the time because he knew I was giving 100% and he wanted me to finish. It was really nice to be complemented like that and to go home on top.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I beat one of my coaches in a wod by over a minute
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Been practicing my rowing. Didn't think there was that much to it. But theres more there than meets the eye.

Best times
    Goal times
    200 meter 30.9 seconds ---- 29.9
    500 meter 1:24
    1:19
    2k - 7:18
    6:59
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Totally forgot, a week ago today I RXd my first WOD.

It was

1 mile run
    rest 3 minutes
    50 wall balls
    rest 3 minutes
    800m run
    rest 2 minutes
    35 wall balls
    rest 2 minutes
    400m run
    rest 1 minute
    20 wall balls.

RX was a 30 lbs wall ball. Took my 37 minutes but my calf cramped up 100m into that last run so i had to walk/skip/limp most of it. On the plus side that meant I was recovered enough to crush out the last 20 wall balls in one set.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Been practicing my rowing. Didn't think there was that much to it. But theres more there than meets the eye.

Best times
    Goal times
    200 meter 30.9 seconds ---- 29.9
    500 meter 1:24
    1:19
    2k - 7:18
    6:59

Well done. My wife rowed in college so she filled me in that form is very important. Beginners tend to focus on using the arms when all your power should come from your legs and flow up through the arms. Didn't make sense until I actually started doing it a few times.

I haven't done any rows for time yet but I regularly finish the 500m warmup rows in two minutes. Might have to test myself on these soon.
  • jsdcap
    Options
    Cut 1:51 off my mile run
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Great job, guys! keep up the good work!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Been back in the gym almost 2 years, doing crossfit for a year. Out of all the PR's and big lifts I got, the most important one happened last night. I GOT A BAR MUSCLE UP!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay,me,lol. 2 to be exact.

Its time to party now! Now on to ring muscle ups.

You have no clue how hard it is to do weighing 250 lbs.
  • ascrit
    Options
    Muscle ups are very difficult, well done.
  • ascrit
    Options
    On Friday I did handstands without falling over for the first time. I was really pumped afterwards!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    So I only just recently started going to an actual Crossfit box, but I've been doing workouts styled in that fashion for me as assigned by my sister (who is certified on a couple different levels).
    Today was Day 112 of consistently working out (five times a week, anyway), and I'm so glad I went to Crossfit. In the gym, I had to use an assisted machine to do pull-ups, and I probably would only get through about 8 or 9 reps before needing to break. Today as part of the WoD, I used a band (the green one) for the second time and actually managed to "kip" a little to get through 12 pull-ups unbroken. It's not much, but it feels like a great deal to me.
  • ascrit
    Options
    Good job! :flowerforyou:
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This isn't much of a success, but last night's WOD we had to do 5 X 3 Back Squats 85% of our one RPM. I was able to do ALL sets at my RPM!!

I really feel stronger, and I can't wait to find out what my new one RPM is!
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    What a great day at the Box today. My victory wasn't during the WOD, but we do extra credit stuff...you know...lifting, mobility, etc. Well, the last thing we did was an 800meter 'run' with a 55# kb for the girls (70 for guys). Well, right off the bat, it was awkward and heavy. I completed it in 10:33. My time was actually pretty good in comparison to others. But, the victory for me was realizing that the 55# KB I carried was what I had on my body 3 years ago every and carried it every day of my life. Really put that weight into perspective.

I encourage you to do this for yourself; particularly if you have taken off numbers in the double digits. What a great feeling to know that I have come so far.
  • ascrit
    Options
    What a great day at the Box today. My victory wasn't during the WOD, but we do extra credit stuff...you know...lifting, mobility, etc. Well, the last thing we did was an 800meter 'run' with a 55# kb for the girls (70 for guys). Well, right off the bat, it was awkward and heavy. I completed it in 10:33. My time was actually pretty good in comparison to others. But, the victory for me was realizing that the 55# KB I carried was what I had on my body 3 years ago every and carried it every day of my life. Really put that weight into perspective.

I encourage you to do this for yourself; particularly if you have taken off numbers in the double digits. What a great feeling to know that I have come so far.

This is a neat idea!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I back squatted 100 lbs! And I increased my 3RM back squat by 20 lbs, from 8/13 to today. Yay!
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I've set a few new PR's the past few weeks, but I am most proud of totally setting a new PR in my deadlift yesterday but blowing my old one out of the water! My last PR for DL's was 345#, and I set that a few months back. Yesterday I hit 375# and felt like I could have still gotten a little more! 400# is in my sight now!