Crossfit Victories

Options
bowmab21
bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
Ok guys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. This is a place for us Crossfitters to share our victories in the gym. New Crossfitters, or Vets. Scaled and Rx. Share with us, new PR, master double unders, lay a beating on Grace or Helen(WOD I mean of course) share with us, and complement each others CV's(Crossfit Victories)!!

Replies

• bowmab21
    Options
    I will go first. Tonight I PR'd my Back Squat.

305lbs
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I just did my first kipping pull up. You have no idea how momentous this is for me. I've been happily cracking out strict pull ups for well over a year but I have never been able to kip! The hours I've spent trying and trying and then suddenly today, last try of the session, there was the bar right in front of my face and it had felt pretty effortless. I have no idea how exactly how I managed to get my completely uncoordinated body to do it and I may never be able to do it again, but hey I did it once!
  • jpierc
    jpierc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this counts but about a month ago I managed to get my first clean, honest-to-goodness bar muscle-up. Unfortunately, the holidays came and the clean bar muscle-up is a thing of the past. I can still get over the bar, but it is one elbow at a time and a lot of facial contortions.

Back to the drawing board on this one...
  • ardavis23
    ardavis23 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I finally got my "Fran" (21-15-9 of thrusters and pull ups) down to 7 min. I know its not up there compared to most of yall, but my "Fran" used to always be up in the 10-11 min time frame!!
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    17 consecutive DUs... pretty awesome cause i could barely jumprope a few months ago :)
  • bowmab21
    Options
    I don't know if this counts but about a month ago I managed to get my first clean, honest-to-goodness bar muscle-up. Unfortunately, the holidays came and the clean bar muscle-up is a thing of the past. I can still get over the bar, but it is one elbow at a time and a lot of facial contortions.

Back to the drawing board on this one...

Muscle ups are a huge goal of mine. I really need to try and get them before the open. Great job!
  • bowmab21
    Options
    I finally got my "Fran" (21-15-9 of thrusters and pull ups) down to 7 min. I know its not up there compared to most of yall, but my "Fran" used to always be up in the 10-11 min time frame!!

Nicely done
  • bowmab21
    Options
    17 consecutive DUs... pretty awesome cause i could barely jumprope a few months ago :)

I'm up to about 25, month ago I could only do 5. Now when we have a WOD with 50, I can get the work done. We will both be doing 50 straight in no time.

Awesome work to both of us!
  • msb803
    msb803 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When I started Crossfit several months ago, I was recovering from knee injuries and couldn't even run 200 m, do a push up, or much of anything other than rowing. Now, I'm able to back squat and go below parallel(150 is my new PR), do 12" box jumps, and run 800m without my knee hurting or my asthma kicking in. I love the way CF makes me feel - I know I'll continue to improve - I can't wait to see what I can do when I get a few more pounds off!
  • dianabanana75
    dianabanana75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I set a new clean and jerk PR - 143lbs. I think I would have had 153 but failed the first attempt and ran out of time. Looking forward to testing that one again soon.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Some superb victories on here. I managed to string together 5 kipping p'ups today, so very pleased with my progress :) At least something is going well as right now my back is playing up and can't do even half my max in squats, deadlifts, snatch etc, very frustrating!
  • Lisathemommy
    Options
    I just recently started crossfit with my son and we LOVE it! I've only been 8 times total but I'm already seeing results! I added 10lb to my deadlift max yesterday (it's not a high number, but it's an increase!). I feel better, stronger and more alert! I have so much fun there! I do have a question: How would I log my exercise after an hour of crossfit? I have tried to do the individual exercises, but that doesn't work. Should I do circuit training??? Would love to be able to track my calories burned better! You all inspire me!!! Thanks!
  • ardavis23
    ardavis23 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I set a new PR for Deadlifts Wednesday night....it is not 235! ya buddy!
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    I recently did these 2 Rx'd for the first time

Grace - 4:50
    Fran - 5:47

oh, I'm a girl.
  • bowmab21
    Options
    I recently did these 2 Rx'd for the first time

Grace - 4:50
    Fran - 5:47

oh, I'm a girl.

Great job. But you are no girl. You are a BEAST!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    6 (almost 7) weeks off, nursing capsulated shoulder, bursitis and a bunch of "old age" ailments

part 1 of a 2 part WOD I Rx'd

and for the most part, my weight loads have not declined.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm reviving this thread because it's awesome and I'd love to see more victories :)

We started 100 day burpee challenge since the first and I've been there 3x since. Tracking them on my check-ins. It's 50 burpees or as many as you can do for 5 minutes.

Day 1 - 40 burpees
    Day 2 - 50 in 4:50
    Day 3 (today) i was psyched to do the 50 in 4:36.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I did 2 kipping pull ups... I was pretty excited since I struggle so much on pull ups and was getting down on myself.. but kipping is easy to me- and my support team at the gym said some of them have never done one and i've only been here a few weeks... so it really made me feel good to know that everyone struggles on certain things..what comes easy to one person, is another persons everest! Next stop- pull ups and push ups on toes... this will take me a many months..
  • srgolden
    srgolden Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Competed in the World Wide WOD yesterday - my 1st competition. I was last at our gym (out of 37 competitors) but I did it scaled instead of beginner AND I finished...which was my main goal. Not bad for a 52, very overweight grandma!

WOD 1 -
    2 rds:
    21 35# kbs
    12 jumping pull-ups
    200 singles

Time: 10:57

WOD 2 -
    5 minutes
    60 sit-up buy-in
    52 - 10# wallballs

Total score: 520

WOD 3 -
    Grace
    30 clean & jerks
    65#

Time: 6:45
  • Sasquatchrider
    Options
    Hey y'all I'm new to the forums. I'm fairly new to crossfit. Last night I PR'd my back squat at 325lbs, was able to do 20 double unders in a row (a miracle for me).