Crossfit Victories

Options

Replies

• Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    After 8 months of CrossFit, I finally got an unassisted pull-up! Took me that long. I can string together 3, kipped. In that same week, I also got my handstand push-up (with a kip). The Open has pushed me ot do more. Love it!

That's so great! Way to go!
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I PR'd my back squat and my deadlift last week!
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Two PR's in one week. Thats awesome!!
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Finally got DUs
    GREAT JOB!
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new to crossfit but today I
    PRed DUs by putting 3 together in a WOD (I've on RARE occasion done this before but never in a WOD). Stringing together for me = 2,1,1,2,1,1,2 unbroken
    PR back squat of 75# (up from 55 last time).
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Two victories for me tonight! First, I did 20 consecutive DU during a WOD, and pushed through to complete the 100 DU at the intro and cash out of the WOD. Second, I did my first toes to bar. Wahoo!

I'm especially proud because doing 10 consecutive DUs was my goal for February, and toes to bar was my goal for March. Our coaches encourage us to make goals and post them on this giant board for everyone to see, and I stay after each workout to practice.

Huh, it's funny. You set a goal for yourself, work on it every day, and poof! You can do it. It's that simple I guess!

I wonder what my goal should be for April... :)
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Two victories for me tonight! First, I did 20 consecutive DU during a WOD, and pushed through to complete the 100 DU at the intro and cash out of the WOD. Second, I did my first toes to bar. Wahoo!

I'm especially proud because doing 10 consecutive DUs was my goal for February, and toes to bar was my goal for March. Our coaches encourage us to make goals and post them on this giant board for everyone to see, and I stay after each workout to practice.

Huh, it's funny. You set a goal for yourself, work on it every day, and poof! You can do it. It's that simple I guess!

Awesome work! How about strict pull ups - good goal?
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! How about strict pull ups - good goal?

You read my mind! I was thinking about it.
  • quirkyone1
    Options
    I'm another crossfit newbie (3 months in). Last night I connected my first DUs. I only got 2 in a row but it is progress. I also PR'd my low bar back squat.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm another crossfit newbie (3 months in). Last night I connected my first DUs. I only got 2 in a row but it is progress. I also PR'd my low bar back squat.

Congrats!

I PRed last night and got a 115 deadlife (up from 95).
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I felt like a champ yesterday for completing the "Bull" WOD. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's 2 rounds of 200 DU's (400 singles), 50 OHS, 50 pullups, and a 1 mile run. I can't do DU's yet so all those singles were hard! It took me 52:03 to finish but at the end I felt so awesome!!
  • quirkyone1
    Options
    I felt like a champ yesterday for completing the "Bull" WOD. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's 2 rounds of 200 DU's (400 singles), 50 OHS, 50 pullups, and a 1 mile run. I can't do DU's yet so all those singles were hard! It took me 52:03 to finish but at the end I felt so awesome!!

That sounds completely brutal! Nice work.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Lots of victories for me this week. 24" box jump in a WOD, max box jump 30". Max deadlift 135x4. I think I could have done 145 but we don't have 5s at our box. Maxed my back squat at 115x6. Got a few 75# hang cleans in, which makes me less nervous for my competition this Saturday. And best of all I got my kipping pull up down without a band!!! Did 5 in a row. Not bad for 2 1/2 mo of crossfit
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Graduating my onramp class tonight, then onto normal WODs, Woot Woot!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options

LOVE THIS!

PRed my back squat last night by 15lbs -- new 1RM @ 150lbs!
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Graduating my onramp class tonight, then onto normal WODs, Woot Woot!
    awesome!! so exciting!!
  • Mummyadams
    Options
    Holy crap - that's awesome!
  • Mummyadams
    Options
    Lots of victories for me this week. 24" box jump in a WOD, max box jump 30". Max deadlift 135x4. I think I could have done 145 but we don't have 5s at our box. Maxed my back squat at 115x6. Got a few 75# hang cleans in, which makes me less nervous for my competition this Saturday. And best of all I got my kipping pull up down without a band!!! Did 5 in a row. Not bad for 2 1/2 mo of crossfit
    I so want to nail a kipping pull up :sad:
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Last night I PR'd my back squat by 25 pounds.

Today I PR'd my hang clean too, by 7 pounds.

Still have a lot of work to do though.
  • volleyballnut
    volleyballnut Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I set a new PR for split jerk at 145 lbs. AND in a WOD that ended with 30 pullups, I used a large and small band instead of two large bands and did 17 kipping pullups in a row--the rest came slower, but did it with these bands! I was pretty proud. Hopefully soon I can only have one band.