• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Rope climbs!!!! Yeah!

Still can't do that
  • MelJolly
    MelJolly Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just recently started crossfit with my son and we LOVE it! I've only been 8 times total but I'm already seeing results! I added 10lb to my deadlift max yesterday (it's not a high number, but it's an increase!). I feel better, stronger and more alert! I have so much fun there! I do have a question: How would I log my exercise after an hour of crossfit? I have tried to do the individual exercises, but that doesn't work. Should I do circuit training??? Would love to be able to track my calories burned better! You all inspire me!!! Thanks!

Also interested to learn what others do. I also use the FitBit. But even with that, I'm not sure what to log as calories worked off.
  • MelJolly
    MelJolly Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    On February 15th I attempted "Barbara" for the first time. Considering my size, speed, experience, etc. my coach and I set a goal of two complete rounds in the max 30 minutes. I cried all night when I missed that goal by only 40 seconds (and had only taken HALF of the 3 minute break).

On April 3 I was permitted by my coaches to hold a "Conquering Barbara" invitation-only (after hours) WOD. I believe the attendance was 14. As the session came to order, I was surprised to learn that there would NOT be a max of 30 minutes. The intent was to CONQUER BARBARA. Completing FIVE rounds of Barbara took me 54:29. I was a full two rounds behind everyone else in the box. I ended in tears, sobbing, and humiliated. Except thirteen others circled around me and did the last round with me, cheering me on the entire way. Victories? I DID finish all five rounds. This time I completed two rounds in about 19 minutes, instead of 30:40. When I mentally prepared for the WOD, not knowing he was going to change it from 30 min. max to 5 rounds for time..... My goal was to finish three rounds in the 30 minutes. I was in my rest after the third round at 31 minutes (so I was close..... but not quite there). In short, the first 2 rounds took me 19 minutes, my third round took me about 12 minutes, and the last 2 rounds took me about 22 minutes. So for me, even finishing was HUGE!!!! Improving my time on those first two rounds by 11 minutes or so made me pretty proud.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I showed up today.... does that count?? Lol!!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Completing FIVE rounds of Barbara took me 54:29. I was a full two rounds behind everyone else in the box. I ended in tears, sobbing, and humiliated. Except thirteen others circled around me and did the last round with me, cheering me on the entire way. Victories? I DID finish all five rounds.

You are SO amazing!!! Look at how far you've come!!!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    PR today - did 2 strict hanging pull ups! Aim is for 5 consequtive before my coach will start training me to kip them! BOOM!
    :tongue:
  • Mummyadams
    Options
    Rope climbs!!!! Yeah!
    LOVE!
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    We did an interesting workout today that I was still able to PR on my Snatch at 93#, +5# over my previous PR. The workout was:

21-15-9: 6 min time cap, finished in 4:44
    • Pullups
    • Box jumps (20 in)
    • Situps
    *3 min rest, then

21-15-9: 7 min time cap, finished in 6:01
    • Pullups
    • Box jumps (20 in)
    •Situps
    *1 min rest, then

10 min to establish a 1 rep max snatch where I was able to do 93# after all that and do the workout as RX’d. Super pumped as the snatch is by far my weakest lift!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    PR today - did 2 strict hanging pull ups! Aim is for 5 consequtive before my coach will start training me to kip them! BOOM!
    :tongue:

You're my new hero. Pull-ups are my goal this year!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Went to CF last night, didn't feel like it though. Still recovering from pneumonia, but decide to just lift. Didn't want to start a coughing attack again and blow my brains out,lol. So I dead lifted and raised my lift by 15 lbs. I hit 475 and 480 before I stopped.
    When I get my full strength back I should be able to do 500.
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Completing FIVE rounds of Barbara took me 54:29. I was a full two rounds behind everyone else in the box. I ended in tears, sobbing, and humiliated. Except thirteen others circled around me and did the last round with me, cheering me on the entire way. Victories? I DID finish all five rounds.
    [/quote]

This is the stuff that keeps me going!!! You're officially my hero. :love:

I'm brand new (less than 2 wks in) to CF and am just beginning to set PRs. The only ones I've done so far are:
    Overhead Squat 70#
    Push Press 90#
    Back Squat 125# (it was a slow rise getting up out of that squat).

I'm a little disappointed in my numbers, but know they will get better.

Today no one showed up for my 6:30AM class but me!!!! It was me and 2 trainers. :noway: :noway: WOD was DJ (12 rounds for time, 12x deadlift, 9x hang cleans, 6x shoulders to overhead). I was afraid of going to heavy so I went with 45# (could have gone heavier). One of the trainers did the work out with me so I didn't have to do it alone. Of course, he RX'd @ 155 and beat me by 2 full minutes!

The CF victory in all of this - I could have birthed every child at this box!!
  • volleyballnut
    volleyballnut Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got 10 DUs in a row!! Then I got really excited and tripped all over the rope! LOL! Kept getting about 4-5 in a row, but was getting tired...
    Also, last week I did hand stand pushups with bands! I know it's still with bands, but WOW those are hard! Doing it again in today's WOD. Definately getting stronger!
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I did my first one armed handstand last night!!!
  • Mummyadams
    Options
    Yesterday I got 10 DUs in a row!! Then I got really excited and tripped all over the rope! LOL! Kept getting about 4-5 in a row, but was getting tired...
    Also, last week I did hand stand pushups with bands! I know it's still with bands, but WOW those are hard! Doing it again in today's WOD. Definately getting stronger!
    Wow - how do you do a handstand using bands?
  • Mummyadams
    Options
    I did my first one armed handstand last night!!!
    That ... is ... awesome!
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    PR'd my power cleans by 10lbs. last night!
  • Tamurken
    Tamurken Posts: 14
    Options
    Your WODs have a time limit? I've never heard of that
    Ours do ... ?

Some of ours do as well. It teaches you to scale. Why burn your wheels doing a workout for 20 minutes that is supposed to be a sprint?

I'm so new I've really only done AMRAPs. I know my box does timed WODs, I just haven't hit those days. I'm hoping they have a time limit, or else they better leave the keys with me and let me lock up.:laugh: :laugh:

The time limit really makes it into a game for me! Just as long as you have proper form, this really makes you sweat like crazy and is a great way to not take it easy at the box. Give it a shot; if you are not able to finish it is just motivation to push harder next time.
  • Tamurken
    Tamurken Posts: 14
    Options
    21 days in and finally completed my 1st WOD under the cap with 5 secs to spare.

3 rds of:
    400M Run
    16 Single Leg Squats (Pure HELL when you try to pumnp out 8 at once on a leg)
    6 Hanging Power Cleans

Other CFM members cheered me on to finish. Gotta love the family.

That is awesome!! Way to go!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Another victory today! Hang cleans! Not only did I beat my 1rm, but I did 2 sets of 2 reps at 2.5kg above my previous PR!
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Today I got my pr on deadlifts 435 lbs single rep