Crossfit Victories

Options

Replies

• bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was only able to do HSPU negatives (lowering to the floor)..
    today I started out with 3 abmats under my head and EASILY kipped to full lock out.
    I took one abmat out - and was able to lock out 2 HSPU's (kipping) - almost three. I got up, but couldn't lock out my elbows on the third.

:happy: :happy: I'm so psyched about this!!!:happy: :happy:

Awesome, you will be hitting 10 in no time!!
  • WillieMN
    WillieMN Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Because nobody else in my life cares about PBs: today, I maxed my squat cleans - 37.5kg!

tumblr_m3infglZCF1qlexj1o1_500.jpg

that's stellar! I'm still in the learning phase of the clean movement, so kudos to you! :smokin:

I did 6 sets 3 reps each of ring dips and kipping pull ups for the first time today. It feels great when the light bulb goes off and you get a new exercise.
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Because nobody else in my life cares about PBs: today, I maxed my squat cleans - 37.5kg!

tumblr_m3infglZCF1qlexj1o1_500.jpg

that's stellar! I'm still in the learning phase of the clean movement, so kudos to you! :smokin:

I did 6 sets 3 reps each of ring dips and kipping pull ups for the first time today. It feels great when the light bulb goes off and you get a new exercise.

I set a new PR in my squat clean today! Could have even gone heavier if I wasn't so burned out because we built up for awhile to get to it. Once I get the notion of getting-my-elbows-through-makes-things-easier in my head I know my numbers will jump even more
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    New PR in my Strict Press today 105#!! Happy Happy dance!
  • GttnITtgthr
    Options
    I made it through my first class today! This is definitely a victory for me because for the past week I kept coming up with excuses as to why I couldn't go that day.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    We also did Annie recently and I was able to get 21 DUs in the first set. Then I was back to 3 and 4 with the odd 9 or 10. Annie was also my first Rx'd workout.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    3rm deadlifts today. I just PRed my 3rm deadlift on Monday at the gym, and when I told the coach what I did (70kg), he said, "Today, you'll do 75kg). I thought "no way" but I did! TWO deadlift PRs in one week and by 5kg. Amazing.
  • CassandraMarie3
    CassandraMarie3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Started crossfit about a month ago, so most of my lifts have been PRs and I hadn't tried them before. The last week or so I PRd my back squat (175) and my deadlift (205). I also got my first toe to bar after being stuck doing "as far up as I can get my feet to bar". I am LOVING crossfit!
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Started crossfit about a month ago, so most of my lifts have been PRs and I hadn't tried them before. The last week or so I PRd my back squat (175) and my deadlift (205). I also got my first toe to bar after being stuck doing "as far up as I can get my feet to bar". I am LOVING crossfit!

Awesome job!! Congratulations!

Not a REAL victory for me, but kinda for me today. The WOD today was a 15 min AMRAP, and I had a goal set in my head, and was thinking I would be stoked if I hit that number. I felt surprisingly strong and easily past my goal rounds and even finished another round after the time finished, and while the coach didn't count it because it was after the time elapsed I was so happy I did that well and had the drive to finish a round even through I didn't have to. Small victory but proof changes are a-happening!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    2000 meter row at 7:18 minutes....happy with that.
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Geesh this is great
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Clean and Jerk PR 205lbs, got greedy and went for 215, and failed.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I completed my first RX WOD today. Was a great feeling.
    3 RFT
    400 Meter run
    15 Sumo deadlift high pull (115#)
    15 wall ball (20#)
    15 abmat sit ups

Was slower than I would have liked at 22:06, but happy I could finish it at the RX standard.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    New PR's 500 meter row 1:26, cleaned 265 lbs.,Jerked 265 lbs., Did 12 strict pullups after all that last night. Weighing 242 lbs.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I was so happy I did that well and had the drive to finish a round even through I didn't have to. Small victory but proof changes are a-happening!

This is awesome!! Congrats!!

Not really a CrossFit victory, but a personal victory: I just published my book about overcoming hardship to achieve your goals. I'm very nervous but also very excited about signing/selling it at my annual conference next week. Just like in CrossFit, I will push through my fears to make this book signing a success!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Awesome.

Did Christine today with a new PR for deadlift at 165 (more than body weight)
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    When I first started CF (about 7 months ago), I couldn't get below parallel in my squats (total lack of mobility/flexibility in the hips). Today I PR'd my back squat AND got below parallel!!!!! I was able to BS my body weight today :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    my victory today was my 3rd RX'd WOD ever (just starting my 7th month of Crossfit).

After doing 100 pushups, we did AMRAP 8mins 5 deadlift (85lbs), 10 squats, and 15 double unders
    I only completed 3 rounds + deadlifts, squats, and 4 double unders
    If I had done singles I would have rocked it but I was determined to do those double unders.

I say "only" because it was the lowest on the board so far today. If I had done singles I would have rocked but but I was determined to get those double unders done. 1 at a time.

and after this morning a new goal for summer is to be able to string 10+ du's together.
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When I first started CF (about 7 months ago), I couldn't get below parallel in my squats (total lack of mobility/flexibility in the hips). Today I PR'd my back squat AND got below parallel!!!!! I was able to BS my body weight today :happy: :happy: :happy:

SO awesome!! way to go!!!
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    In August I'm competing in a competition and I'm doing scaled, so today's workout is the scaled workout number 3 of the competition. It was 15 power cleans at 95lbs 30 sit ups 30 24 inch box jumps 15 jumping pull ups 60 single unders 15 kbs 15 burpees and 15 OH lunges with 25lb I finished in 9:15. I think I might be able to come in first at the competition.