Today is Day 100 of CrossFit for me!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 100 of CrossFit for me!

AWESOME! Good for you!
  • TXBecki
    Options
    Bested my old PR on back squat by 44lbs after being on a squat program for 10 weeks. New PR is 253lbs! 300 here I come!
  • ascrit
    Options
    Yesterday my coach told me that I was looking "buff." :wink:
  • melmckay99
    Options
    69 burpee pull-ups in 15 minutes for my first WOD at the box I just signed up for!
  • fakeittomakeit
    fakeittomakeit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have been using 26lb kb's for the past 8 weeks or so and today I rx'd the workout with 100yd bear crawl and 150 kb swings at 36lbs (17:45). Now there's no going back!!! : )
  • ascrit
    Options
    So last night at my gym I was the only guy with four very attractive women (including the coach!) I don't know if you can call that a "victory" per se but I definitely felt like a winner...
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Reviving the victories thread for a victory I've been working on for over a year. Today, I did my first pull-up! I am so ecstatic and can't wait to try another tomorrow!
  • BigCupOTea
    Options
    I RX'ed a 5 x 335lb DL 10 Burpee WOD 5RFT. A big deal to me.
  • BigCupOTea
    Options
    Reviving the victories thread for a victory I've been working on for over a year. Today, I did my first pull-up! I am so ecstatic and can't wait to try another tomorrow!

That's awesome! Great for you! Those are really hard.
  • ascrit
    Options

Congrats!
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

5x335#? Damn! Awesome job!
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

Great job! Congratulations!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

That's awesome, man. I think (maybe) I could do the weight but my grip would probably give out.

We did farmer's carries a few weeks ago just for fun and I could haul 400lbs 40 feet before my grip let go. Still a weak point but I figure it will come along as I continue to do barbell and bar work.
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    30 second PR on Grace. 4:24 @ Rx!
  • ascrit
    Options
    PR'd my deadlift yesterday; 295 lbs. And I think maybe I could do more but I didn't want to push it.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    PR on my back squat on Monday 335#. If we hadn't run out of time I'm almost sure I could have done 345, maybe 355. So now I know where to target the next time we do it.
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    PR on my power clean of 140, and I finally get the hang of GHD sit ups....my knees always bent at the wrong time and it was just a mess. Today I did them like I've been doing them the correct way forever. Yeehaw!
  • ascrit
    Options
    Not a pure CF victory but today I ran my first ever 5K and I did awesome, under 26 min! I truly believe that all my hard work in CF helped me rock the run.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Our WOD Thursday was 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps of wall balls (rx 14lb), dead lifts, (first time for me so and I went lighter than I should have but only 15 under rx) and 21" box step ups to be finished in 18 minutes. So let me start by saying I have bad knees and was worried from the start. I was slower than everyone else. Fear consumed me and prevented me from pushing as hard as I usually would. This amazing guy, Alex, came over and started pushing me. "Don't put the ball down till reps done, you got this, don't stop, keep going" I kept going and between 9 and 6 coach came over and asked what my pain level was for my knees...I couldn't answer, just kept pushing, she told me I could stop and I thought....no way in hell when I had come some far. Then the owner came over and told me good job keep pushing. I finished 6 and don't remember much of anything else said. I vaguely remember someone saying 30 seconds and I thought 3 left, I got this! Well I was wrong! My finish time was 18:43! I literally collapsed and rolled onto my side, people came up and high fived me, I heard one coach yell, "you earned that sweat angel" a huge victory for me! The surprising part my knees weren't that bad. I nailed the dead lifts and the step ups were the worst part, again fear nearly paralyzed me with this. My body is sore but that's nothing in comparison to the incredible win I had Thursday night. Every ounce of sore muscle is worth that extra 43 seconds it took me to finish and NOT GIVE UP AND QUIT. It is so much easier to quit than finish but the reward is much greater to finish than to give up.