Crossfit Victories

Options

Replies

• kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Sprints....

6 rounds of 4min to sprint 400m and max effort KBS @ 1.5p. 2min rest between rounds

218 swings. barely managed to keep breakfast down.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^that is a a great WOD. Might have to pass it along for when it warms up, or we just sub in a 500m row.
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    135# Overhead squat @ 120# BW
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^I don't think I could manage that and I certainly wouldn't be going to full depth. Great job!
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm on the top of the board for the first time in anything crossfit ever!! I did Annie today in 7:49!! I don't have any idea how fast that is comparable to anyone other than those at our gym that entered times into Wodify, but I'm pretty proud!!!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    great job!
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well this is kind of an odd victory but I've just realized that ever since I started crossfit ( Sept) I've always been the top 3 on the leader board. With the girls, The past 3 weeks I've been 1st or on par. I've gone from 30kg back squat in sept to 62 kg back squat. I've can do t2b's but not unbroken and can do double unders but again not unbroken. I've moved from the highest resistance band on the pull ups , to the second one and don't feel a difference. My strength is building and building. I could never do a handstand against the wall before starting crossfit, now I can do push up handstands with the headrest things. I can do 2 and I've done 1 but usually go back to needing two headrests.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I'm on the top of the board for the first time in anything crossfit ever!! I did Annie today in 7:49!! I don't have any idea how fast that is comparable to anyone other than those at our gym that entered times into Wodify, but I'm pretty proud!!!

Congrats!

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    toffee2013 wrote: »
    Well this is kind of an odd victory but I've just realized that ever since I started crossfit ( Sept) I've always been the top 3 on the leader board. With the girls, The past 3 weeks I've been 1st or on par. I've gone from 30kg back squat in sept to 62 kg back squat. I've can do t2b's but not unbroken and can do double unders but again not unbroken. I've moved from the highest resistance band on the pull ups , to the second one and don't feel a difference. My strength is building and building. I could never do a handstand against the wall before starting crossfit, now I can do push up handstands with the headrest things. I can do 2 and I've done 1 but usually go back to needing two headrests.

GAINZ!!! awesome job.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^Ditto. I found that most of my lifting gains came from Crossfit building my core. Still a LONG way to go for that as I still feel like I'm near the bottom of the gym in that regards, but my personal gain has been tremendous. I can actually feel my obliques a bit through the belly. Extra motivation to lose it.
  • Niff314
    Niff314 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Last night I completed my first on-ramp. Sore as hell today but I can already tell I'm going to LOVE it. =)
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Go in today or tomorrow and foam roll like crazy. You should be able to get loose enough to work out. If not just do some light rowing or mobility. After a few weeks you'll adjust.

I remember after my first real workout thinking two things

1. When I don't get completely gassed by the warmup, I know I will have made progress. That took 2-3 months.
    2. I was sore in places where I did not realize I had muscles.
  • Niff314
    Niff314 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Re: #2 - ZOMG yes. My lower abs are tender as hell as well as muscles in my backside I wasn't previously aware of. And my armpits - dude. O_O
    I find I do better if I keep moving. When I sit down, that's when I get into trouble.
    Not a good time to have a desk job. ;)
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    You'll get used to it in a few weeks.
  • chelsfelt
    chelsfelt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I PR'd 5 lifts this past week.
    Strict press from 65lbs up to 70
    Backsquat from 125 to 138
    Deadlift from 160 to 175
    Clean and Jerk from 82 to 95
    Overhead squat from 70 to 90

I started in July and did Fran about 3 weeks out of on ramp, thrusters at 45 and ring rows. Friday I did Fran again and RX'd the weight for the thrusters and did ring rows with feet on a box.

My growth and my strength astounds me... I know these are still light weights compared to the rest of the crossfit world but I surprised the hell out of myself with that overhead squat at 90. Crazy stuff. Gainz!!!!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Good job! It's amazing how your body responds when you demand more of it, isn't it?
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hit 3 PB's on my CrossFit Total this morning, incl. a 90kg deadlift. I *really* want the century, now!!!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Nice job! My target area for 2015 is posterier chain. My deadlifts are far weaker than they should be. Time to get back in balance.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    On November 30th my gym started a competition called "the Sunday Series" where for 4 Sundays in a row there would be an unannounced workout and whichever man and woman did the best overall would win. Today I learned that I won top male athlete much to my surprise. Here is what I did:
    WOD 1
    For Time: 20:34 RX
    3 RFT
    Burpee long jump length of gym
    25 deadlift (90% bodyweight)
    Accumulate 60 sec handstand hold
    (Deadlift weight was 190 lbs)
    WOD 2
    Total Score: 159 RX
    Tabata (20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest for 8 minutes)
    Wall ball 20/14 (76)
    Wall ball sit-ups 20/14 (83)
    WOD 3
    For Time: 18:45 RX
    4 RFT
    500 m row
    Bear crawl length of gym and back
    50 air squats
    60 second rest
    WOD 4
    For Time: 11:53 RX
    800 m run
    Then
    3 rounds
    50 push press 75/45
    30 second rest

The past week or so has been pretty stressful and sad so this was a nice bit of good news.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    That's impressive. Good work!