• FWMagicMike
    FWMagicMike Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Helen: 7:55

yesterday :)
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Just sneaking in to say that I got a snatch PB this morning...

Had some difficulty breaking the 30kg barrier previously, kept psyching myself out. Managed to crack it on the 1RM last month...

This morning I got a 30kg 3RM!
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    PR'd last night on my Deadlift. Have been trying for six months to get past 385lbs. I finally switched up to a sumo DL with mixed grip and the 405lbs came up sooooooo easy. Am going to try 450lbs on Saturday : )
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Cleaned 150lbs today. The last time I did my max I was at 135lbs.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    First handstand done today!

I have been pretty scared of them but the coach really helped me and I have conquered it!!!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • Petrusilly
    Petrusilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    135 OH Squat... blasted my previous PR by 20 lbs while cutting? I'll take it!
  • FWMagicMike
    FWMagicMike Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    to some it may not be crossfit... but to me it is worth mentioning...

http://ocrworldchampionships.com

I qualified to be a part of this invitational race :)
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    to some it may not be crossfit... but to me it is worth mentioning...

http://ocrworldchampionships.com

I qualified to be a part of this invitational race :)

You're a beast bro. Congrats.
  • jimmyb_
    jimmyb_ Posts: 13
    Options
    my first post in this group...
    admittedly i'm still a crossfit noob doing my foundations course 5 months ago, but have been consistently WoDing 3-5 days a week since...
    my latest victories have been going from getting a handstand hold 3 weeks ago to completing the Bulger Hero WoD last week, doing 70 HSPU scaled with a 25lb bumper and abmat.
    also strung together 10 DUs last week too, a new PR.

Sunday i also did my first local crossfit partner competition. it was very intimidating not being able to scale and doing the big boy weights. 1/2 of the competitors were on regional teams.. my partner and I came dead last but had a great time and a day full of PBs!
    4 WoDs in one day and these are the parts I completed:
    workout 1
    (2 rounds)
    500m run
    21 KB swings at 24kg,
    12 pullups

workout 2
    100 thrusters @ 95lbs for time (6 minute cap)
    my partner an I only got 70 combined and split the reps evenly
    i did about 35 thrusters @95lbs (a personal best thruster weight)
    - the top team did it in 2:58!

workout 3
    21-15-9
    hang power cleans @115lbs and
    24" box jump overs

workout 4
    50 double unders
    30 dealifts @135,
    20 toes to bars,
    15 chest to bar pull-ups,
    20 front squats @135,
    30 wallballs @20lbs
    30 burpees over bar

i started at 170 at approximately 19% body fat and i'm now at 182 at 13% body fat.
    i can't wait to see what another year brings and to do the open next march.

i tasted the crossfit koolaid and it was good :)
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Monday was my first time doing hero WOD "McGhee" is was also my first Rx. Got 21 Rounds!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chelsfelt
    chelsfelt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    PR'd my snatch at 60lbs today. I just started xfit in July, and at that point I couldn't snatch a 15lb bar over my head. Today I put up 60 on the first try. Not bad!!
  • ascrit
    Options
    chelsfelt wrote: »
    PR'd my snatch at 60lbs today. I just started xfit in July, and at that point I couldn't snatch a 15lb bar over my head. Today I put up 60 on the first try. Not bad!!

Not bad? That's great! Well done indeed.
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yey! Yesterday I did a 70lb clean and snatch for the first time. (Ive been going about a month)
  • ascrit
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    :smiley:
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Visited NOVA Strength and Conditioning in Springfield VA while I was down in the DC area. The workout was

20 ground to overhead
    7 Bar facing burpees
    15 GTOH
    7 BFB
    10GTOH
    7BFB
    5 GTOH
    7 BFB

Then as many GTOH as you could get in the 9 minute time cap. There were 3 levels. On started with a 20 lbs med ball and you added weight every round. I did level 2, which went 65-75-95-115. Only reason I didn't do level 3 was that the max weigth was 185 which is right at my clean maximum until I get some more mobility and work on my squat cleans.

There were 3 of us doing the WOD and other guy said he'd been doing CF for a year just like me. The other woman was in shape but was a bit of a novice and still mastering the movements.

I destroyed this workout. Took a very deliberate pace on the burpees to catch my breath and then ripped the GTOH. First 3 rounds were power snatches and the last 5 I cleaned and jerked. Finished those but none of the burpees before the time cap and I was at least one round ahead of everyone else, maybe more.

Felt good to know about 1 minute into the workout that I was going to crush everyone! :)

Even the coach was like "damn you killed that"
  • ascrit
    Options
    Yesterday we did sprints in our WOD, something that I don't think we ave ever done. I was shocked at how fast I ran, I finished first in my class every time.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ^^^I love sprints. We have sprints built into our WODs a lot in the summer or just sprinting only WODs (running or rowing).

Anyway, my victory for the day is that in 6 months, I PR'd my fave WOD by a lot-- by 5:13 minutes Rx'd--- Did DT Rx @9:27 (105# 5RFT of 12 DL's, 9 hang cleans, & 6 push jerk). Next year: going unbroken!