Sorry you've had a rubbish week, ascrit
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Thanks Inky. <3
  • ascrit
    Options
    PR'd my deadlift today at 385 lbs. My strategy now is to work on my form and then try for a PR again in about a month or so. I want to hit 400 lbs this year.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! sounds fun.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ascrit wrote: »
    PR'd my deadlift today at 385 lbs. My strategy now is to work on my form and then try for a PR again in about a month or so. I want to hit 400 lbs this year.

Checkout Mark Ripptoes Starting Strength if you haven't already. Just the basic tips he discussed regarding deadlifts helped tremendously
  • DenverJesse
    DenverJesse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started CrossFit in late May of last year. Since then, I've lost 40lbs - don't know if that's a PR in itself, but I'm proud of it. I've also been able to get 2 strict PU's and have bumped my 5RM Squat up to 345. I really drank the koolaid!
  • xfit229
    xfit229 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hello everyone.. finally found this group.. Ive been crossfitting for about 3+ yrs.. Love it. couldn't go back to global gym if they gave it to me for free.. but recently I pr my strict press to 145# been about over a yr since Ive hit 135. Could get over that. def knew it was a weakness. So work on alot of shoulder mobility and finally got over the 135. felt great .
  • ascrit
    Options
    Last night we went for our 5 rep max on the back squat and I got up to 275 which is a new PR for me. I was pretty pleased.
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I restarted today after a couple of months off with injury, then flu, then too much work, then festivities... :s
    Started with
    Warm up: 400m Row
    Stretch/Moblilise/Tekkers
    WOD:
    40 minute AMRAP (scaled):
    Burpees x 10
    30 Walking Lunge Steps
    Nine Pull ups (jump up)
    Deadlifts 20kg x 10 (restart small - it was enough)
    30 Double Unders (I did single unders with 2 jumps - can do 8 in a row now)
    Russian KB Swings 6kg x 10
    (BENDER)

Oh my... reminded that burpees are the cruellest, along with lunges ;)
    Any tips about how I scaled? I completed 5+39
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome victories :D Well done for getting back on it, Curlychip
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    foam roll and stretch today. You're gonna feel that one :) Welcome back, hope you are healthy and strong and ready to kick *kitten*.
  • Curlychip
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yup, healthy and strong :D Am feeling it today though - quads, adductors, anterior shoulders and butt mostly :#
  • jefftb20
    jefftb20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did my first RX Wod and it was the Victoria hero Wod.
  • Curlychip
    Options
    B) Yey!
  • Inkratlet
    Options
    Really pleased with the *kitten* kicking I gave Cindy this morning: last score 10 rounds 11 reps, today 16 rounds 5 reps. Same scaling, so a significant improvement. What a difference 7 kgs bodyweight makes to these engine type WODs!
  • Curlychip
    Options
    Good job!
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    For the second time ever I tried pull ups. First time I used a blue band and needed help. This time I did two on the blue band, no dramas, no help. Then tried and almost got one on a red band. Think I need to get used to the movement as much as needing strength. Very stoked, pull ups were the thing I watched others do with envy.
  • Inkratlet
    Options
    That's really cool Emma, well done
  • Curlychip
    Options
    Well done :-)
    I just got a PB doing a cluster (front squat for 3 secs then thruster) of 32kg (70lb) :DB)
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    great job Emma. These are my main GOAT focus for the year too. I want to have a few dead-hang pull ups by my birthday in April.