Crossfit Victories

Options

Replies

• flaouaaa
    flaouaaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound so lame but I did my first pushup 2 days ago.
    I was so surprised when I managed to push myself back up that I thought I probably didn't go all the way down but I waited a few minutes, asked coach to check and did it again, with validated good form \o/

Next goal for me: first unassisted pullup.
  • bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    flaouaaa wrote: »
    I was so surprised when I managed to push myself back up that I thought I probably didn't go all the way down but I waited a few minutes, asked coach to check and did it again, with validated good form \o/

Not lame at all!! I remember the first time I did push-ups, and doing a half- murph this past Memorial Day with "real" push-ups was my biggest accomplishment. Push-ups and pull-ups are friggin hard! Nice job!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

My goal as well. For me it's really just a function of losing about 15 more lbs. I can get about half way there right now and I've been about 10 lbs lighter and got about six inches from the bar.

• Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Congrats on your push ups! Good luck on your pull ups! You got this!
  • bettytrhoades
    bettytrhoades Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Another PR today - this time on the clean and jerk (85 lbs). I have a serious mental block when it comes to cleans, so even though this is only 5 lbs more than my previous 1 rep max, I'll take it!
  • bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Finally hit my 100# snatch on Friday. :):) I posted a link to the video if you want to see. Because--AWESOME. hehe

https://facebook.com/bethlivi/videos/10107256185857191/?l=3599225335668708032
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I can now do toes to bar without a swing in between. Also, I can do kipping handstands to floor level. Very happy. Everything is coming on this month. I've even started vlogging my journey on youtube as I want to track my progress visually.
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Clean & Jerk - 130# (15# PR)
    Weighted pull up w/ 40# db (no prior PR on that one, now I have one!)
  • bettytrhoades
    bettytrhoades Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    After almost 2 months of "summer slimdown" challenge, I'm down 8.5 pounds. Yeah! Clothes are fitting better and nearly everything is looking leaner (pesky tummy is still the biggest problem area). Also, a couple of weeks ago, we did a WOD that was 6 rounds for time of 10 thrusters (I did 45 lbs) and 200m run. When I started Crossfit back in January, I didn't even know what a thruster was - and when I figured it out, I couldn't really do it. Fast forward to August, when my coach ASKED ME TO DEMONSTRATE THRUSTERS TO THE CLASS. Oh, and I finished the WOD in around 18:30. :-)
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Back Squat PR - 275#
    15 DU strung together
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Placed 5th in an Olympic Lifting Comp over the weekend with a 5# PR for C&J, new max is 135#!
    Not to bad for only 6 months of crossfit!
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Managed two kipping HSPUs! (Ok so I still can't kick-up into a handstand and need a punt up!).
  • RoadtotheRAN
    RoadtotheRAN Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    155kg deadlift, 70kg power clean and I am finally getting comfortable in the snatch position, managed to snatch 30kg comfortably, which is huge achievement for me
  • Elegra2006
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ^^^ Wow, your deadlift is amazing!

I PR'd my 3 rep max on DL at 110kg

and also PR'd my box jump at 28.5" - a massive achievement for me as I have THE FEAR when it comes to box jumps!
  • RoadtotheRAN
    RoadtotheRAN Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Elegra2006 I need to improve my clean technique and use my hips more, 70kg for me is basically like a muscle clean. Amazing work on the box jumps. I have a massive fear of those!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    100 KG deadlift yesterday - yeah baby!
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I PR'd on my power clean and jerk at 145 pounds. Today I PR'd my max deadlift - finally broke the 300 mark - 305! Yay!
  • Elegra2006
    Options
    Amazing weights @marathon_44 !!

I've finally cracked DUs, yippee, took me 9 months!
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Today, for the first time ever, I did 3 push ups with correct form. Back of hands to shoulders, back straight, butt down. It's been a few months but I'm finally getting noticeable results- stronger, faster, muscle that is visible :)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    ^ Yay, Noel! Go get 'em.