Crossfit Victories

Options

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    We finished our last Paleo Challenge last week and the testing workouts were

1. Find 2RM Front Squat and then do Grace
    2. Cindy

I caught the flu on Xmas day and January 10th (first day of the challenge) was the first real workout I'd done since then. Given that I scaled the weight down to 115, even though the last 3-4 times I'd done Grace I'd gone RX. It was a good call as I ended up missing reps near the end and was overall pretty sloppy. 2RM Front Squat was 175, Grace was 3:39. Cindy the next day was 10 rounds +9 reps. Swapped pull ups for ring rows. Had to pace myself on push ups to avoid muscular failure but otherwise was fine. After 7 rounds or so I had to break up the air squats.

Retest on the 14th and 15th. Fully recovered from the flu. Only lost a few pounds, but I think that was largely because I'd dropped 20 with the flu and my body wasn't ready to drop any more. Retested 2RM Front Squat at 205. My mobility work on my wrist has actually meant that I'm pushing muscular failure more than wrist pain. Going to keep really focusing on this until I get it where it needs to be.

Grace retest was 2:53. I drop after each rep and only slowed down for more than a breath or two twice. And after those I moved through five or six reps pretty quickly. Amazing how much difference not having the flu makes.

Cindy retest was 15 rounds even. Still had to manage push ups, but no stopping on the air squats and I finished the last 15 in the last 15-20 seconds of clock.

• moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    New PR, 5 DUs in a row (previous was 2)
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    1st ever pistol squat last night!
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Nice job Mummy! My knees hurt just thinking about those.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Well done!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    300# back squat!
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    300# back squat!

DAmn girl, get it!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    300# back squat!

Dang girl you're catching up to me! Great job.

• marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    300# back squat!

Awesome!
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Duh wrote: »
    I PR'd my back squats by 20lbs on Monday! Kind of un-Crossfit related, but I also ran 5K without taking any walking breaks for the first time EVER! I credit Crossfit for that, because it taught me about mind over matter!
    I did that as well! I never thought I could run that long without stopping and yes I believe crossfit helped me as well :) God job!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    First freestanding HSPUs this week. I was stoked!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    nice work!
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I'd been doing SUs in the gym 5-6 days as part of my strength routine, and I'd gotten really fast. Breaking that muscle memory has been very hard.
    I have had the same issue! My coach suggested doing lateral jumps instead of singles...idk if it will help but it sure is tougher then singles :P
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    4:16 Annie Rx! not bad for 43 years old! :)
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    4:16 Annie Rx! not bad for 43 years old! :)

Annie is one of my Favorites. That's a fantastic time, congrats!
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    First freestanding HSPUs this week. I was stoked!

amazing!

• maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Did murph this weekend and tried RXing as many pull ups as I can. I got at total of 55 pull-ups before scaling/ saving my hands from ripping. That's probably double the amount of Kipping pull-ups I did last year :)!
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I did Murph for the first time the weekend before, cycling through the movements (5,10,15 X20) with palm straps and still managed to rip on my fingers. Made it under 50 mins without the vest. Repeated on Monday only we couldn't break it up so we teamed up on the pull-ups. After completing I regret not doing all the pull-ups solo, but the box we were at had maybe 50+ people and the rig was not big enough for everyone. Crazy turn out!
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Got first place in the Scaled Women division yesterday! It was originally a 2 day comp but turn out was oddly poor. We did 6 WODs in one day ( two which were a minute long). There were 8 in my division and pretty nervous because there are a few power girls while I'm just a speed girl. Needless to say I'm pretty sore right now but so happy to see practice and nutrition pay off.

First WOD Clean Ladder
    Clean the bar twice of each weight. If you cannot clean the weight must deadlift the weight for tie breaker. 1 min

Second WOD
    50 Thrusters 65 lb FT time cap 4 min

Third WOD
    Power clean 65lb
    Box over 20"

Fourth WOD
    Max Bear Complex
    30sec to load your bar 1 min to complete un-dropped and the another 30 sec to load and another 1 min attempt.

Fifth WOD
    11min AMRAP
    3 Full Snatch 65lb
    3 bar over Burpees

Sixth WOD
    1000m row (buy in)
    DL 155lb AMRAP 6min
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    After 3 years of crossfit, multiple PRs, about 60lbs lost, 3 crashes were I gained weight but never quitted crossfit, I've finally been able to do pull ups in a WOD! I did opened my hand and did singles but hey, that's a start :)