"Let's hang out"

Options
1235»

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    <---- this guy says hang out all the time, there is no underlying meaning behind it... just that I'd like to see you and those are the words that came out of my mouth.
    Thank you!

Apparently this is just the 754th thing women need to over-analyze to death.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    The only time I have gotten asked to hang out is when I meet a guy out at a club or something (which I usually don't take seriously). I was asked to "hang out sometime" on Friday night while out with friends. I told the cute gentleman I didnt hang out but he could take me out on a date like dinner.

Usually guys I get asked by will ask me to go to dinner, drinks, etc...
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    The only time I have gotten asked to hang out is when I meet a guy out at a club or something (which I usually don't take seriously). I was asked to "hang out sometime" on Friday night while out with friends. I told the cute gentleman I didnt hang out but he could take me out on a date like dinner.

Usually guys I get asked by will ask me to go to dinner, drinks, etc...

You're lucky!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    We dont use the term 'hang out' here but it sounds to me like the guy is still asking to see you, so isnt that what a date is all about?

Granted, if you're unsure of his romantic interest then it can be confusing, but like Kits says, if he's touching/kissing then it's obvious?

But I guess the definition can be different in different area's of America?