Replies

• melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks so helpful.
  • DavidRocketts
    DavidRocketts Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    After losing 18lb towards a 30+lb target, not eating back exercise calories, I decided to try it for a week. Calories eaten weighed on digital scale and taken from MFP, calories burned measured by Polar FT4 HRM. In a week I gained 5lbs. So, for me this does NOT work. My minimum daily burn is 500cal, and often is well over 1000. Personally, I'm going back to what worked, and NO, I never felt unwell when my net calories were a couple of hundred. Individuals simply need to find what works for them and stay with it..
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    After losing 18lb towards a 30+lb target, not eating back exercise calories, I decided to try it for a week. Calories eaten weighed on digital scale and taken from MFP, calories burned measured by Polar FT4 HRM. In a week I gained 5lbs. So, for me this does NOT work. My minimum daily burn is 500cal, and often is well over 1000. Personally, I'm going back to what worked, and NO, I never felt unwell when my net calories were a couple of hundred. Individuals simply need to find what works for them and stay with it..

You realize of course you did not gain 5 lbs of fat in 7 days.
    Always do the math with water weight fluctuations to confirm that's what they are.

5 x 3500 / 7 days = 2500 calories in surplus each day if this was really fat gain.

Since I'll bet you didn't even eat 2500 calories daily - it obviously could not be fat.

You lose water weight when you go into a diet - you merely gained some of that back.

And the body taking on some extra carbs with attached water your workouts had probably been begging the body to store more of.

Also - Polar FT4 is a cheaper one with bad calorie burn formula compared to better ones - you likely had inflated.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I generally try to stick to my calorie target regardless of exercise.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

Me too, but I know the extra is available if I actually feel hungry.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

Me too, but then I know the extra calories are available if I actually feel hungry.
  • Msweightloss80062017
    Options
    Thank you so much, this information is very helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to assist me