Options

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    ok, so i mushed some stuff together

let me know what you all think :-)

Hi!
    I am a single mom. I've been divorced for about three years. I have a full and exciting life that I would like to share with a special gentleman. I am old fashioned. I believe in taking the time to develop a serious relationship. Some qualities that I believe I offer are that I am spontaneous, very kind, and outgoing, sweet and thoughtful. I am polite and appreciative. I am non-judgemental, charismatic, smart, and goofy.

I love to hike and mountain bike, but am missing that partner to make it more enjoyable. I also enjoy working out frequently. While I am a single mother, I do have the time to put into a relationship for the right man.

My ideal partner would be a man that loves the outdoors, staying in shape, is good with kids, and he is family oriented. He takes care of himself when it comes to appearance and grooming habits, and he doesn't drink or smoke. He is charming, respectful, polite, witty, smart, playful, engaging, supportive, confident, funny, can carry a conversation, and loves what he does for a living. He likes animals, can love with both words and actions, he doesn't get jealous easily, and he is honest about his feelings. I am financially and emotionally stable, and request that you be as well.

I own two huge Great Pyrenees dogs that I often take on long walks. Perhaps you could join us sometime?

I love!! Much more positive and upbeat!! :)
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    ok, so i mushed some stuff together

let me know what you all think :-)

Hi!
    I am a single mom. I've been divorced for about three years. I have a full and exciting life that I would like to share with a special gentleman. I am old fashioned. I believe in taking the time to develop a serious relationship. Some qualities that I believe I offer are that I am spontaneous, very kind, and outgoing, sweet and thoughtful. I am polite and appreciative. I am non-judgemental, charismatic, smart, and goofy.

I love to hike and mountain bike, but am missing that partner to make it more enjoyable. I also enjoy working out frequently. While I am a single mother, I do have the time to put into a relationship for the right man.

My ideal partner would be a man that loves the outdoors, staying in shape, is good with kids, and he is family oriented. He takes care of himself when it comes to appearance and grooming habits, and he doesn't drink or smoke. He is charming, respectful, polite, witty, smart, playful, engaging, supportive, confident, funny, can carry a conversation, and loves what he does for a living. He likes animals, can love with both words and actions, he doesn't get jealous easily, and he is honest about his feelings. I am financially and emotionally stable, and request that you be as well.

I own two huge Great Pyrenees dogs that I often take on long walks. Perhaps you could join us sometime?

Much better.. but still slightly stiff.

How about a 3rd paragraph like this:

My ideal partner would be a man who enjoys living a healthy life, good with kids, and likes pets. Even though I'm no Jillian Michaels, I do my best to live a healthy lifestyle. I'm a regular at every local 5k and a fixture at the gym during the week. Like kids? Good, because I've got 5 of them. They have a father, so I'm not looking for that, but they do play a large part in my life. I have two Great Pyrenees dogs. They don't bite.. unless you get on my bad side ;)

All in all, I'm looking for a guy who's witty, sweet, funny, over 6'5", Ivy league education, and has a 6 pack (height, education, and abs are not a deal breaker.. but you better be funny!)

I think injecting humor is a good thing.

Let me know your thoughts.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    mike, i actually laughed out loud at that, you ARE A FUNNY GUY ;-)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I like Mike's paragraph..

I also love the invitation line at the end about joining you and your dogges for a walk...
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a huge improvement!! You can always go back and edit any time, but the tone is much more positive and that's the important piece. :flowerforyou:

Can you show us all the pics you're planning to post too?
  • 4themoney
    Options
    i want to mash mike's with the other one, LOL i don't know how to though
  • 4themoney
    Options
    well, this is one of them. this profile pic is the main pic
    i can put the others under my profile pics here.

the second is the one that was up that i was told looks submissive.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    this is what i have up at match.com right now. my profile is hidden since i can't figure out how to delete it.

At this point I think I'm best off looking for a friend. Maybe a chance for more, but not initially starting out as dating or going on dates. I know I'm not the most gorgeous woman on the block, but I am very kind, and outgoing, sweet and thoughtful. I am polite and appreciative. I am charismatic and smart, and goofy, and daring, and spontaneous......

I belong to Lifetime Fitness in sterling, va and I have joined Gold's Gym ( planning on attending Charles Town, WV). I would love to find someone to work out with!!

I love hiking, and think it would be great to have a hiking partner, or someone to spend a weekend camping with. I own a mountain bike ( Gary Fisher/ Trek Mamba) but i don't spend nearly enough time out riding. I'd love to find a riding partner! I also have strong interests in getting into running, nothing too crazy long, just some 5Ks. Maybe you're a runner who could help me? :-)

I own two huge Great Pyrenees dogs and I think it would be fun to have someone come with me on walks along the C and O canal or Bears Den. Together they are 200 lbs and while I can do it on my own, it would be more fun with someone else helping me out!

ME= idealistic, altruistic, detached, independent, original, surprising, gifted, contradictory, innovative, humanistic, likeable, friendly, self-confident, impassive, quiet, intuitive, creative, charitable, elusive, disconcerting, generous, tolerant, paradoxical, and cannot stand any kind of constraint.

Relationship: Divorced
    Have kids: Yes, they live at home (3+)
    Want kids: I'll tell you later
    Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
    Body type: I'll tell you later
    Height: 5'3" (160cms)
    Faith: Christian / LDS
    Smoke: No Way
    Drink: Never

keep in mind, i changed all of what i wrote some time last week. i never really know what to say on these things anyway :-)

Okay.. I know exactly why you are getting what you get now. The guys would do a better job...but this is my interpretation of how your profile would be received. What I think men might think in ( ).

At this point I think I'm best off looking for a friend. (Sweet.. I don't have to spend money on taking her out. Friend or probably a FWB if she's online dating)

Maybe a chance for more, but not initially starting out as dating or going on dates. (Hello FWB! Wonder if she'll send me naked pictures then?)

I know I'm not the most gorgeous woman on the block, but I am very kind, and outgoing, sweet and thoughtful. (Hmm... not confident - she doesn't think she's hot, so why should I / perfect.. she'll be grateful for any attention I give her and thank me for it ...maybe with sex?)

I am polite and appreciative. I am charismatic and smart, and goofy, and daring, and spontaneous...... (she's grateful, and maybe spontaneous enough to have FWB sex with me?)

I belong to Lifetime Fitness in sterling, va and I have joined Gold's Gym ( planning on attending Charles Town, WV). I would love to find someone to work out with!! (why does she go to two gyms?)

I love hiking, and think it would be great to have a hiking partner, or someone to spend a weekend camping with. (not independent)

I own a mountain bike ( Gary Fisher/ Trek Mamba) but i don't spend nearly enough time out riding. I'd love to find a riding partner! (not independent)

I also have strong interests in getting into running, nothing too crazy long, just some 5Ks. Maybe you're a runner who could help me? :-) (not confident or independent)

I own two huge Great Pyrenees dogs and I think it would be fun to have someone come with me on walks along the C and O canal or Bears Den. Together they are 200 lbs and while I can do it on my own, it would be more fun with someone else helping me out! (Has interests..but isn't independent. Has twice now basically asked for someone to motivate / help her - doesn't project confidence).

Okay..I have a meeting but would LOVE to re-write the crap out of this for you. It's all about confidence and selling yourself (truthfully, but in the most positive of lights).

For this I :heart: you
  • 4themoney
    Options
    ok, so the profile pic here, then the one with curly hair submissive one. then me under a green tree with curly hair and the last one is of my feet facing the ocean......

thats it though.

the full body image of me on the rocks, is the only pic i have of my body taken by someone other than me in the mirror....... but i don't have it up on match. should i put it up??
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    ok, so the profile pic here, then the one with curly hair submissive one. then me under a green tree with curly hair and the last one is of my feet facing the ocean......

thats it though.

the full body image of me on the rocks, is the only pic i have of my body taken by someone other than me in the mirror....... but i don't have it up on match. should i put it up??

I like the blondish one with the red streak through it.
  • 4themoney
    Options
    people tell me i look sad in that one though......
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I especially like the one with the blue t-shirt.
    And yes, I would take a new full body pic. I assume one of your kids is old enough to help you with that (even if you don't tell them what it's for).
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    i want to mash mike's with the other one, LOL i don't know how to though

OK, here goes nothing.

Buenas! Guten Tag! Hello to all of the single NoVa men out there.

I'm a newly single Mom looking to get back in the dating game. I'm a first time online dater, long time inquisitor of it. To be honestly, those cheesy Match.com that are played during the Real Housewives episodes finally hooked me in. So here I am *ta da*

I'd consider myself pretty old school in my values. If you open doors and don't chew with your mouth open, we might be a match. I'd consider myself sweet, honest, and fairly adventurous, as I enjoy hiking and trying new restaurants in the area.

My ideal partner would be a man who enjoys living a healthy life, good with kids, and likes pets. Even though I'm no Jillian Michaels, I do my best to live a healthy lifestyle. I'm a regular at every local 5k and a fixture at the gym during the week. Like kids? Good, because I've got 5 of them. They have a father, so I'm not looking for that, but they do play a large part in my life. I have two Great Pyrenees dogs. They don't bite.. unless you get on my bad side ;)

All in all, I'm looking for a guy who's witty, sweet, funny, over 6'5", Ivy league education, and has a 6 pack (height, education, and abs are not a deal breaker.. but you better be funny!).
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    For the record, there are definitely guys that read profiles. The ones that don't are the ones you want to avoid anyway. Write for the ones that will read it.

I am just agreeing with Kit today it seems...

I went back and created another online profile, though not my sole source of looking for a relationship. I will normally look at the pictures first, as I assume most guys do. If nothing there really turns me off, I will continue to the important things to me (age, smoking, kids, height). Then I will head down to read the rest of the profile.

I actually enjoy and appreciate a profile that is well written that lets me feel like I am getting to truly see a piece of that person. These are usually a bit on the longer side, hopefully multiple paragraphs and not just one big wall of text. And being kind of anal about spelling and grammar, it never hurts to have someone else read over your profile and see if they spot things that you may miss (spell check only goes so far, but even that would be an improvement on some).

Seriously, the most annoying statements in any profile are the: "I hate talking about myself", "I suck at writing these things", and the profiles that are a single line stating "Just message me and ask questions".

If you are here looking for someone, tell them why you are a catch and what you are looking for (relationship wise, physically, mentally, etc).
  • 4themoney
    Options
    i've tried. i'll try again this weekend, but they NEVER turn out, LOL!! they took that one and it's the BEST of the ones we took that day hahahaha
    I especially like the one with the blue t-shirt.
    And yes, I would take a new full body pic. I assume one of your kids is old enough to help you with that (even if you don't tell them what it's for).
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I haven't gotten to read much of this thread. However I would like to say, some of your posts on here as of late have a very down in the dumps theme to them. That is why I posted in the boobies thread trying to say not to let the A-holes get to you.
    Anyway, if I picked up on that maybe others are too, just a thought.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I would love for you to have a good friend take some new photos. Full body and face close up, different outfits and hair styles/ locations etc. I like your current MFP one best of everything I've seen.. and sorry, I don't love the one with the blonde streak in your hair - you don't look happy.
    Try different angles too..for both the way you sit/stand and your face. (Can you tell I have only one good side in photos and use it religiously!? ha ha)

I like Mike's write up because it is casual and confident, funny and flirty - though I do NOT love the Real Housewives reference.. at all. I think you could definitely use his and add in a little of your own flair!
  • 4themoney
    Options
    this was my mash up

i don't even know what the housewives is......
  • 4themoney
    Options
    Hi!

My ideal partner would be a man who loves the outdoors, staying in shape, is good with kids, likes animals, and is family oriented. He doesn't drink or smoke. He loves what he does for a living. Even though I'm no Jillian Michaels, I do my best to live a healthy lifestyle. I'm a fixture at the gym during the week. Like kids? Good, because I've got a bunch of them. They have a father, so I'm not looking for that, but they do play a large part in my life. I have two huge Great Pyrenees dogs. They don't bite.. unless you get on my bad side ;) The dogs and I often take long walks. Perhaps you could join us sometime?

All in all, I'm looking for a guy who's witty, sweet, funny, over 6'5", Ivy league education, and has a 6 pack (height, education, and abs are not a deal breaker.. but you better be funny!)
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Hi!

My ideal partner would be a man who loves the outdoors, staying in shape, is good with kids, likes animals, and is family oriented. He doesn't drink or smoke. He loves what he does for a living. Even though I'm no Jillian Michaels, I do my best to live a healthy lifestyle. I'm a fixture at the gym during the week. Like kids? Good, because I've got a bunch of them. They have a father, so I'm not looking for that, but they do play a large part in my life. I have two huge Great Pyrenees dogs. They don't bite.. unless you get on my bad side ;) The dogs and I often take long walks. Perhaps you could join us sometime?

Okay... here are my edits. This is better. Trust me.

Hi!
    I am a single mom and have been divorced for about three years. I have a full and exciting life that I would like to share with a special gentleman! I am old fashioned and I believe in taking the time to develop a serious relationship.
    I am spontaneous, very kind, outgoing, sweet and thoughtful. I am polite and love showing appreciation for others. I take pride in being non-judgemental, charismatic, intelligent, and kinda goofy at times!

I love to hike and mountain bike, and am looking for an adventurous and outgoing partner to make it even more enjoyable. Even though I'm no Jillian Michaels, I do my best to live a healthy lifestyle! I'm a fixture at the gym during the week. Like kids? Good, because I've got a bunch of them. They have a father, so I'm not looking for that, but they do play a large part in my life. While I am a single mother, I do have the time to put into a relationship for the right man.

My ideal partner would be a man who loves the outdoors, staying in shape, is good with kids, likes animals, and is family oriented. I prefer someone who doesn't drink or smoke and truly loves what he does for a living. I also have two huge Great Pyrenees dogs. They don't bite.. unless you get on my bad side ;) The dogs and I often take long walks. Perhaps you could join us sometime?