Here we are again!

Options

Replies

• babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Right, here's my dear little introduction:

I'm Hosanna, 23 years old, I live in outback South Australia in a Rural Centre. I Got married in January this year to an amazing man, and we live with our two dogs, Alex and Xena, who are like our children.

I'm an Enrolled Nurse at my town's hospital, but I only work casual night shifts because of my pain problems. I have all sorts of issues with my lower spine, and this year I've made a ton of progress in strengthening up and I've managed to get off ALL my regular pain medications (which is a huge thing, because I was on a number of narcotics about 6 months ago). As a nurse there are very few topics I find to be taboo to talk about, so I apologise in advance for anything that is TMI, and also I'm always happy to help out if people have any body-related questions I can answer.

I also suffer with depression. It's pretty well managed with medication, but there are still times where I backslide and that usually causes me to fall off the wagon a little. BUT I always hop back on, so please don't lose faith in me if I disappear for a week or so! I always come back!

I also volunteer at our local animal shelter walking the dogs for them. Dogs are my life's true passion. I also am a huge Harry Potter nerd, Pokemon fan, and I'm tattooed.

That pretty much sums me up...

Looking forward to being able to encourage each other to reach our goals in the new year!

:smile: Hosanna

(It's in my ticker!)
    VVVVVVVVVVV
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm tanya (mdcjmom) and I am defintely in for this!
  • haydensmommy30
    Options
    Hi I'm Elizabeth :flowerforyou: and I'm in.

My husband and I move to Japan late June, early July. Everyone keeps telling me how small everything is over there...furniture, rooms, etc. I need to drop some more weight because I'm afraid I may not fit thru the doors there!! Lol!!!
  • sjanelleb
    Options
    I would love to be a member of this group and hope to make it to the challenge. Thanks for starting it.
  • bonnieluann
    Options
    Hi my name is Bonnie and im up for the challenge need all the support we can get
  • treysgirl0504
    Options
    Let the journey begin!
  • treysgirl0504
    Options
    I am in! My ideal weight is 131 lbs which is about 48 lbs, but who knows :wink: Here's to a healthier 2013. Get 'er done!!! :bigsmile:
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have been up and down with my weight and this is the heaviest I have been. Mother of two and no time for myself. This is my year, 2013 to lose 52!
  • franjophoto
    Options
    I will be turning 50 in July 2013. My goal is to try and lose as much as I can before my birthday.
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If any of you are starting to exercise, download the app runtastic. It automatically upload your calories and exercise to my fitness pal. It has a GPS for walking and running. It will also allow you to put in treadmills and other equipment. Anyways, I look forward to getting healthy with all of you.
  • tndfamily
    tndfamily Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1 pound a week sounds like an amazing, healthy goal! I'm totally in and can't wait to hear and see how everyone does. I figure, I didn't gain it overnight so its not gonna come off overnight.:flowerforyou:
  • Cassie4555
    Options
    I'm ready to loose 35 to 40lbs in 2013. I started my weight loss journey a few months ago and have been enjoying every second of it.

I'm IN IT to WIN IT.
  • 78togoal
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Jen and I have about 75 pounds to lose to reach my goal, so I was looking for something just like this to get me going, feel motivated and supported. 2013 will be my year, I turn 26 in September and already have my eye on a little black dress I would love to wear but only with the right body :) Happy holidays everyone!
  • OAmadeusAmadeus
    OAmadeusAmadeus Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

My name is Megan and 52 pounds would put me almost halfway to my goal. LET'S GO!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm new to MyFitnessPal, but not to dieting. I have a personal goal of losing a pound a week, so the 52-pound 2013 challenge will be perfect for me!
  • jackysue
    jackysue Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, I want to join in! I am so discouraged about my weight, but I'm trying, I sprained my knee at CardioRehab and have been off work 4weeks, but now I'm going to get back on track. This group is just what I need, thank you! I want to lose about 55pounds . :smile:
  • SouthGippyGirl
    SouthGippyGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm from Sth Gippsland Aus. (Farm Country) I have two kids, 5 & 1. My partner and I are both very overweight. I'm in this!!

I will also be doing a 10 day Juice Reboot starting Jan 1st.
  • parkerxx20
    Options
    Very ready for this
  • myluv4lifgros
    myluv4lifgros Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I really need the support to make this happen. 2013 is going to be my year for determination! I've got lots of lifestyle changes planned and I hope this group will help me to maintain those changes and get this weight off. My health and the health of my family really needs a boost! Merry Christmas everyone, I can't wait to begin this journey with you in 13 days!
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Tell all your friends about this challenge. We need as many as we can get. Making new friends in MFP is important for all of us.