Here we are again!

Options

Replies

• Cocooma
    Options
    Hi Everyone, My name is Mary. While I was working I blamed my weight gain on the sedentary job. Well, now that I'm retired there's nothing I can blame the weight on. I have to do something to get it off!! I'm starting 2013 at 159 lbs - way to heavy for a 4'11" frame. I've been up and down with weight my whole life - let's keep each other motivated! This challenge is accepted :)
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Michelle. I'm a food addict, struggling to stay in recovery. I've been married to my high school sweetheart for over 19 years. We have been blessed with 2 boys. Unfortunately, we are all overweight. My boys are not obese, yet...but if my husband and I continue down this path of self destruction, they will be.

I am 36 years old and have been a special education teacher most of my adult life. I LOVE what I do, but sometimes the stress of the job makes me crazy and then I don't log my food...but I do log in and comment on other people's postings...idk why, but I'm hoping to complete my diary every day this year.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all!

Blessings!
  • charlami
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Char. I am a WLS patient and had a ton of complications (Embolism, Infections, Strictures, Fistulas, More Strictures... you get the idea). Now that I've begun to feel better I can't think of a better way than losing weight with a great group. I'm excited and motivated. I am already down 73 pounds (297) and I have an overall goal of reaching a weight of 150. This 52 will be a great start for me.
  • my1focus
    my1focus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    52 pounds seems very do-able!!
    I'm 35 yrs old. I'm the mother of a ten year old son. Work full time. Will be trying to incorporate my Zumba exhilarate DVDs. My goal is higher than 52 lbs but it's an awesome 2013 goal. :bigsmile:
  • sarahbethrn18
    sarahbethrn18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This will get me right to my goal of under 170! I'm 5'9, currently 220. Hi, I'm Sarah, turning 30 in March, mother of a 3 year old son. Nice to meet all of you, can't wait to lose some weight with you guys! Here's to us in the New Year! :drinker:
  • Helenov
    Options
    I'd like to join this challenge, thanks!

I'm aiming to lose more than 52 pounds, but I don't expect it to be all this year. I've been overweight since before I was 1 year old, I don't remember ever not being overweight, but now it's time to take it off for good. I'm a working Mom in a sedentary job which makes things challenging, so I'm adding a couple of high energy hobbies that I'll enjoy and I'm hoping will be more likely to stick to.

I really like food. I'm looking for a couple of buddies also so we can watch each others news feeds and encourage each other. Message me or friend me if you're interested.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I also have the goal to lose one pound per week. I'm new to MFP, but not new to weight loss. I have a looooong way to go to get back to my pre-marriage weight, but 52 lbs in 2013 will be great start! I'm not afraid of exercise, but do it inconsistently. I get lazy with tracking my calories, and I'm hoping MFP will be the tool that helps me stay focused!

Best wishes, everyone!
  • kelcity
    kelcity Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Kelsie, and this group is exactly what I need for the new year. I started a new job in August, and I shifted all my attention to work instead of weight loss. Now I'm ready to get back on track. I'll be turning 30 in a few weeks, and I'm looking forward to being fabulous as I set the stage for a new decade of life.
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 35, 5'3", 237.6 pounds and have been dieting basically my whole life. This is the year it ends.

I finally got serious and got a bodymedia armband so I have real data to work with and will be following Bob's Skinny rules for what I eat. I put together a little home gym with a treadmill, spin bike, stair stepper, dumbbells, workout videos from Bob and Jillian, and a couple great iPhone trainer apps.

Lets do this thing! One pound a week would end the year at 185 for me.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

What kind of contact do you want to have for this group? Being supportive means interaction.... Do you want to keep this thread and try to make sure everyone stays in contact weekly, twice a week, daily, or ? I belong to another really really active thread, and we all try to stay in touch, read each other's postings, comment, support, laugh. Lately they have created weightloss songs to make everyone laugh at the challenges of Christmas food, exercise goals, etc. Using either O Christmas Tree, or Jingle Bells, or ? forgot the third song...here are the various verses the members have made! Enjoy

O Fitness Pal, My Fitness Pal,
    How steadfast are thy diaries.
    We need our daily entries!

Your member boards are full of fans,
    Full of facts, and diet plans
    You've given us a road map.

Jingle Bells, fitness pals, losing all the way
    o what fun it is to log and see what others say
    Jingle Bells, kettle bells, muscles really pay
    For all the exercise we do each and every day – hey

Jingle Bells, Fitness Pals,
    Losing all the way---,
    Oh, what fun it is to write
    Our food log every day---,
    Jingle Bells, Fitness Pals,
    Losing every day---,
    Drink your water, Janie, dear,
    Have a happy, leaner day--Hooray!
    Sing to the tune of Jingle bells (beginning verse and chorus)...

Oh, I stubbed my toe
    Kettle bells were in my way
    When the rope I jumped
    For keeping fit to stay.
    Get my trainer in the ring
    Sock him with a right
    Left upper cut to the chin
    And he’s out for the night.

Oh jingle bells, this shirt smells
    How much do I weigh???
    Oh what fun to lift those weights to keep those pounds at Baaa-aay!
    Jingle bells, this shirt smells
    I weigh how much you say???
    Oh, nuts! Oh, fudge! Hey that sounds good…no, no that’s—how—you—got—this—way!!

Dashing to the pot,
    Then stepping on the scale,
    Hoping to be down,
    To kiss goodbye the whale!
    When numbers do decrease
    We shout and sing O my!
    What fun it is to finally see
    A normal BMI!

Oh!
    Jiggle Buns, Jiggle Buns
    Jiggle all the way
    Shake the fannies, wave the arms
    Each and every day, hey!
    Jiggle Buns, Jiggle Buns
    Jiggle all the way
    Oh what fun it is to see
    Our fat just melt away!

sing slowly to the tune of We Three Kings...

We Three Pounds of Holiday Pudge
    Gath'ring 'round from all of the fudge
    Holding on to thighs and ab-do-mens
    Now we can barely budge.

Oh--
    Pounds of peanuts, pounds of fat
    Pounds of cookies, this and that
    We'll be brooding and protruding!
    Guide us from thy sweets at last.

We three pounds of holiday pudge,
    Mama's dressing, yeast rolls and fudge,
    Spread the table, hardly able to resist each special treat.
    Oh,---- Here's the eggnog, spiked with rum,
    Christmas cookies, by the ton,
    Cakes and pies and special candies,
    That's why we weigh a ton!
    Edited by barbiecat on Fri 12/21/12 08:55 PM

Hope this all made you smile, perhaps Fuzzie Jelly can start a thread for us to interact, and welcome new members!

Hilarious!!!
  • athenad121
    athenad121 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm Athena. My ultimate goal this year is to lose another 60lbs. I've already lost 60 so I'm halfway to my goal weight. This group sounds like just what I need to stay focused and on track!
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Monica. I'm 23 years old, married to an amazing man and have two children, Christian and Adalyn. I started my weight loss journey in August at 226 lbs, by November I was down to 191, and took December off (got a little wild went right back to my binging ways :( ) and today Im back at 198. A pound a week would be awesome, getting me to 146 at least by next new years. I'm ready!!!
  • asusundevils22
    asusundevils22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in!! This is exactly what I need. 1 lb. a week seems like not much, but over time will add up. Slow and steady!

My name is Brittany. I have been married for 9 1/2 years and have 2 beautiful children. I work full time which means early mornings for me if I want to get a workout in.. My goal is to lose about 50 lbs this year.
  • Michy737
    Michy737 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I am Michy from Texas.

Happy New Year!!! Here's to a great 2013 with lots of goals being met. 52 pounds is very close to what I need to make my weight loss goal. 2013 is the year to do! My husband and I would like to start a family in 2014, which means I have one year to get my life and health on track so we can raise a healthy family.

Good Luck to Everyone!!
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Tracy and I looking to lose 76 pounds for now but 52 seems like a nice and slow process with lots of friendly advice and help along the way! We can do this and I am excited to have this new goal!
  • KayHiJo
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kristy. I'm 33 and a stay at home mom to two children - a 3 1/2 year old boy, and a 9 month old girl. I'm excited about losing 52 pounds in 52 weeks! I just signed up to MFP, so I don't have any "friends" on here... I'm not even sure how to add them, so please add me! Thanks!
  • cohensta
    cohensta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Stacey. I am 42 years old and am a happily married mom of two boys. Caden is 12 and Corey is 8. I rejoined weight watchers about a month ago for the 5th time. I am pleased with my progress so far, but I am frustrated with the Weight Watchers etools and I am trying to be tolerant of the personalities in my weekly meetings (this is always my downfall). I am excited to have one more source of support....I need all I can get :happy:
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    I would like to join this group as it sounds perfect for the goal I have to lose 50 pounds this year. My name is Sarah and I'm 31 years old. I have been happily married for 6 1/2 years and we have three amazing children. A 4 year old daughter and 2 year old boy/girl twins. I'm a stay at home mom. Looking forward to this goal I have set for 2013 and can't wait to see it all the way through.
  • mrtobias50
    mrtobias50 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I am always looking for ways to support my journey to health!
  • csmith822
    csmith822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site today and 52 pounds will be almost where I want to be by this time next year. (Although, if I could get close to there by summer, that would be perfect!) I am excited to be working within a group to help stay on track. Happy New Year everyone!