Hello!! Introductions

Options
124»

Replies

• Gethot2015
    Gethot2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am a day late but happy to start. This is exactly what I need. I am 45 years old living in the DC metro area and my highest weight is 265. I came down to 200 with a combination of WW and HCG and put it all back on this past year with job demands and other personal issues. I can say I was one happy woman with all that weight gone. This year I want to do something that is free, and healthy.I am looking forward to being at least a 14 by July as I am currently a size18 but my final goal is a size 12. I am single, with 2 kids and a cat. I have become really concerned about my weight because it seems so hard to find that special someone! Thanks for starting this group. A fantastic idea!
  • Joyyfull4u
    Joyyfull4u Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody my name is Pam and I am 42 yrs old and have 18 yr old son. I live in California. I try to workout 5 days a week. Some days it is hard because of my work load drains me. I work 9 to 10 hrs a day and by the time I get home I am just to tired to workout. I use beachbody programs, treadmill, The Firm, and Taebo. I just need to be focused and stop worrying about rushing to lose the weight and take my time because it didn't take overnight for me to gain the weight and I know I will not lose it overnight. December 1, 2012 I started a squat challenge with a friend on Facebook. We started out doing 25 with an increase of 5 squats a day until 12/31/2012 which would be 100 squats, with breaks in between and back and forth reps. Well to my surprise I was able to do 150 or more in one set. So I am proud of myself for completing the challenge. I will keep them up, they help with the slim down.

My eating habits are horrible. Some days I miss meals, which I know is bad and some days I just don't want to eat. I started protein shakes by GNC (need to find something else that is cheaper and taste good) to help me with that. I am not a big veggie eater or sweet eater. My weaknesses are sweet beverages and food. I don't like to drink water. I do drink it when I workout. But I know need to drink more.

I have done weight watchers and LA Weightloss. I lost the weight but gained it back probably because of all the stress in my life. But next month I will be 43 and I am determined to get it off by the summer and be down to my goal weight.

Looking forward to meeting, encouraging, motivating anybody who needs it cause Lord knows I need it sometimes. I wish everybody good health, lots of weight loss, prosperity, peace, and good a attitude in 2013.
  • Gethot2015
    Gethot2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I introduced myself last night and now that I have my measurements, I'm looking for a buddy. Here they are:

Chest: 47 in
    Waist 47 in
    Hips 52

Weight 258.8
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Aloha Gals!

I'm a little late to the party, but hope that I can still join in!

I am 30 years old and live in Honolulu, Hawaii with my sweet hubby (when he is not deployed). We have no pets or kids, but I'm a pretty independent and busy woman. I used to be a crazy-hours-working-executive, foodie and socialite. My "work hard, play hard" mentality forgot the "work out and sleep too" parts, because my 60+ hour workweeks added to partying 4-6 nights a week til the wee hours didn't leave much time for exercise and sleep. It's hard to dance off a million gourmet food and drink calories a night in clubs, even if you DO do it til 4am ;) My health was wrecked, and I gained so much weight that I couldn't even recognize myself in the party pictures anymore. I was up to around 230 pounds when I finally burnt out, quit my job, and started to make some life changes.

I don't party or dine out as much anymore, I volunteer a lot with the Junior League and plan a lot of projects that help the community, and I'm graduating from my MBA program in May 2013. However I haven't made much progress on the weight loss side. I joined MFP awhile ago and lost around 10 pounds, but got overwhelmed with school and fell off the wagon, gaining it all back. The latter half of 2012 was especially difficult while my husband was on his 6th deployment; I struggled with stress and depression and my weight was up to 235.

With some medical intervention and the return of my husband, I am feeling much better these days. I was able to lose some weight and ended the holidays around 225 (my digital scale has gone wonky so I can't get an exact weight right now; we're off to Costco later to pick up a new one). My husband gained some weight during his last deployment and has committed to a healthier lifestyle with me. He usually runs 3 miles in 22 minutes, but twice a week he does 3 miles with me at MY walk/jog turtle pace, which usually takes about an hour, and we do an ocean swim (weather permitting) once a week for 30 minutes to an hour. We've set up a workout tracking calendar, with goals of at least 5 cardio sessions a week and 3 strength training sessions a week. And I got him to join MFP :) so we can track our calories together. He was amazed the first few weeks how easy it was to go over goal when he wasn't paying attention to every little thing.

Well that was a lengthy introduction but hopefully it helps us to connect; maybe some of you have similar experiences and challenges as I have. I look forward to getting to know and support each of you as we work through these challenges together!

Cheers!
    ~Pancakes~
  • Bebeharden
    Bebeharden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm starting a little late... my apologies. I'm 30 years old, from San Francisco, living in Paris, France currently. I'm studying for a Masters in International Relations and Diplomacy. I've been heavy all my life, especially since puberty, but it's started to impede on my life in major ways from confidence, health/ energy, FASHION, and starting a relationship with my future husband. I've lost weight via Weigh Watchers and have been a member of MFP for awhile now, but never stayed consistent. My goal weight is really a healthy BMI, and to ultimately fit into a size 8 dress. And in the past few months, I've gained 20+ lbs :/ I can see how even a little over-eating can contribute to major weight gain.

I'm really excited about this group and can't wait to see where this journey takes us all!

:) Bebe
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 22 years old! My starting weight is 236, and i'm looking forward to participating in this group. :)
  • christa0130
    christa0130 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey Ya'll! I'm 26 almost 27. I'm 5'4 and I weigh 236lbs. I am a sahm and really wanting to be back to the size I was 8 years ago. I have 4 kids and before my first I was roughly 120lbs and after having him I was 219lbs. I'm ready to make a huge change in my appearance and health this year and need some motivators! I'm in a group with other ladies losing weight but it's depressing because I am the largest.
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    Welcome newcomers! We are happy to have you in the group!
  • Ashellini
    Ashellini Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My name is Ashley and I'm 27 and live in Vancouver, BC, with my boyfriend and 2 cats. Since I finished high school I have really struggled with my weight. I went from being 140lbs to being about 215lbs. I joined MFP a year or so ago and never really managed to stick with the tracking. This week I have decided to really buckle down and try and sort this out. My goal weight is 140-145lbs. I go to a women's kickboxing circuit 3 times a week and I try to go for walks on the other days.
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    Welcome Ashley!
  • vjivy
    vjivy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I am on and off again weight loss struggler. I am back again and hope to rock it.
    I am starting at 296, I have a dog, and teach. My husband is also working on loosing this time so it should be helpful. We have decided to pay ourselves for exercising, so maybe that will provide extra motivation. I am really not very active, achey knees, and back, blah blah blah excuses. I'm gonna work on this!! My current goal is to be healthier and maybe loose a fair bit of weight in the process. Hope to get to know you and best of luck on your journey!
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    Welcome vjivy! I am also on and off, but hoping that the "ON" phase sticks for a longer period of time this time!

It's so helpful when your husband is in it with you. Mine was the worst, always buying ice cream and sweets and eating in front of me. But when he was backing me up, we were doing great!

Just start logging your food for now, and slowly work back into being active. You don't want to come in all crazy and burn out/injure yourself in the first week! Slow and steady wins the race! (I've heard, anyway) Good luck!
  • Robin_Dennewitz
    Options
    I am new to this group.
    I need to shed over 200 pounds to be at a healthy weight.

I am also looking for weight loss buddies.