Bodyfat estimation thread

Options

Replies

• CoadyMarie
    Options
    Hi! Just want to say thanks in advance to SideSteel and Sara for taking the time to do this :flowerforyou:

Female, 23, 5'2 and 127.5 pounds. I hope these photos are ok - haven't really learned how to flex yet!

[Pics deleted as requested]

Mods, would it possible to delete the photos after? I'm not sure how comfortable I am being half-naked on the internet :)
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Are estimates still being done or would we be better to pm.
  • assthetik
    assthetik Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just want to say thanks in advance to SideSteel and Sara for taking the time to do this :flowerforyou:

Female, 23, 5'2 and 127.5 pounds. I hope these photos are ok - haven't really learned how to flex yet!

Sidesteel and Sarah can do yours but meanwhile, I'd say the dog is around 15% bf give or take:tongue:
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Sidesteel and Sarah can do yours but meanwhile, I'd say the dog is around 15% bf give or take:tongue:

Ha! Yeah, I probably didn't need to specify which one is me :tongue:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ok so it was time for one month progress photos so I'm posting up the new ones. Good news, I've dropped another two pounds (I'm officially at 164.6 now at 5'8" and 33YO). Bad news, I celebrated with a smashburger and milkshake and am once again carrying some water weight, this time to the tune of over five pounds! :laugh: Anyways, some things look better, some don't but here's what I've got:

[img][/img]ca7d10a4-1918-4a3f-856c-dc86fe4cd543_zps49a1da09.jpg

[img][/img]6abdcb29-2ea1-4c22-a2d9-878d21378c34_zps2f70d732.jpg

[img][/img]34cbe169-d34f-4fd7-8dee-afdbc5d1b58d_zpscff68a76.jpg

Hi!

Really sorry for such a delay in responding in this thread. We would put you at about 30 - 32%. You have some good LBM there so its a little hard to gauge.

We noticed that you had posted another update subsequently, but the pics are not showing up - can you repost. Thanks
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Posting for BF estimate.
    5'7.5", 179 pounds.

Front, relaxed:
    51zguv.jpg

Front, flexed:
    2j2hnog.jpg

Side:
    9icvhz.jpg

Back, relaxed:
    znsfg3.jpg

Back, flexed:
    2u6ckew.jpg

Hi! We would put you at about 26 - 27%.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Yea, my photobucket account is acting wonky. I needed to take new shots for this month anyways.

[img][/img]relaxed500x466_zps0d051554.jpg

[img][/img]flexed500x340_zpsd60012ac.jpg

I know my LBM might be throwing things off. Story of my life... :laugh: I never fit any of the models. I had a body shape estimator last week tell me I didn't match any of the standard female body shapes because maybe I wasn't Caucasian....:ohwell:

I don't know if it's something apparent in pictures, but I don't store fat in the typical manner either. Almost all of mine stores through the midsection and around the back. My thighs get some and my hips get practically none at all. So sometimes I feel like I'm getting fatter even when my measurements are going down because in proportion my belly stays bigger as my limbs get smaller... :grumble:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Yea, my photobucket account is acting wonky. I needed to take new shots for this month anyways.

[img][/img]relaxed500x466_zps0d051554.jpg

[img][/img]flexed500x340_zpsd60012ac.jpg

I know my LBM might be throwing things off. Story of my life... :laugh: I never fit any of the models. I had a body shape estimator last week tell me I didn't match any of the standard female body shapes because maybe I wasn't Caucasian....:ohwell:

I don't know if it's something apparent in pictures, but I don't store fat in the typical manner either. Almost all of mine stores through the midsection and around the back. My thighs get some and my hips get practically none at all. So sometimes I feel like I'm getting fatter even when my measurements are going down because in proportion my belly stays bigger as my limbs get smaller... :grumble:

To be honest, I do not think your body shape is that unusual. As you say, you tend to carry more BF on your stomach than 'average'. We do not think you really carry a higher proportion of back fat than 'average' - most women have a decent amount on their back - where on the back can vary quite a bit though.

Anyhoo - you are looking leaner than your prior pictures. We would put you at 1 - 3% lower than the estimate we gave on your earlier pictures.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Mods, would it possible to delete the photos after? I'm not sure how comfortable I am being half-naked on the internet :)

We would put you at approximately 26%.

[Pics deleted as requested]
  • CoadyMarie
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hi, are you guys still doing the body fat estimations? I am interested in getting an estimate of what mine might be. Also, can I still upload my pics (once I actually take some) in a PM? I don't really feel comfortable posting them in this thread. Will sending them in a PM work as well? I'll try to figure out how to take some pictures if you are still doing the body fat estimates. Thanks!

Hi!

We can estimate via PM - just send both myself and SideSteel a PM with your pics.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Apologies for the huge delay in responding..we are crap.

We went back as far as the beginning of August, but did not go further back as the pictures are probably not representative of your body composition anymore. If you still want a BF% assessment, please feel free to repost and we will try to get to them a lot sooner.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,541 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot! I'll try to make new pics somehow.
  • tbx2014
    tbx2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Would really like a Body Fat Estimate after dropping ~120 lbs in just over a year. I had a Dexa scan and a Bod Pod done within a week of each other to get an idea and they differed by almost 10 percent leaving me confused as to what percentage I really am. Tried with cheap callipers for the first time and it was almost the same as the Bod Pod reading. I can post those numbers if anyone is interested afterwards.
    Height: 5' 11.5"
    Weight: 166 lbs
    Front:
    front.jpg

Side:
    side.jpg

Back (flexing my bones, I know, horrible):
    back.jpg

Thanks
  • tbx2014
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ^^^^^ Sorry, forgot to mention that left side of each pic is relaxed and right side of pic is flexed
  • tbx2014
    Options
    Bump
  • tbx2014
    Options
    Bumping again
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Bumping the thread may not work since they've made the forum changes :angry: You might want to send a private message to sara or sidesteel to let them know you've posted new photos.
  • tbx2014
    Options
    Thanks QueenBishOTUniverse, I'll try PM'ing
  • scarletpride16
    scarletpride16 Posts: 191
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hello there! New to this group (via word of mouth) and was curious as to how the body fat estimate for this photo? In this picture I am not flexing or anything (this was from about 2 weeks ago so may look slightly different than this now).

db4t7akbg8fp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.