Welcome + Please introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Silvia and I'm 26 years old from San Diego, CA. I've always struggled with my weight ever since I was young, I've always tried the fad diets and what not but I never really succeeded and the weight just kept adding up. I think as of now I'm currently at 182 and I'm 5'3". My goal is to be between 130-140lbs. I'm excited for 2013 and I know we can all succeed to be ready for summer, so let's do this!

If we put in motivation we will get there! X
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi all I'm Jesi. I'm 5'2 and I weigh 216. I would really love to get to 185 or even 175 ((with a lot of hard work) by June 28th (my 21st birthday!!)

Lets hope we can help you drop those pounds to get you in a glam dress for your 21st! X
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hello, my name is Caroline. I'm hoping that in 2013 I can develop healthy eating and exercise habits. I would love to be off my high blood pressure medication. I would also like to minimize my chances of developing Type 2 diabetes, which runs in my family. I would like to get rid of my knee and foot problems by being lighter. I would love to be able to wear nice clothes that I feel good in.

It feels like I've spent my life (since the age of 12) obsessing over my weight and wanting to be thin. My weight is something that's always held me back, and I think it's time to lose it for good.

I'm glad I've found this community on MFP. I wish all of us success in achieving our goals :)

-Caroline

I'm sure we will help you lose those pounds! X
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi My name is Suzanne. I am 57 yrs old weighing in at 215 and 5'6"....I have been battling this weight for years. I had a great handle on it then slipped back into the old habits. I have alot of problems with my knees and back due to an old injury from a fall but I know a lot of it can be relieved with losing this weight and getting back to daily exercising. I've been dieting off and on but it's time to buckle down, stay on it and just do it! I will try to encourage all of you as I sure need it for myself as well. I have custody of my nieces and nephews 3yrs,5, 7 & 8. I not only need to get myself in check and be healthy to raise them without being in a wheelchair.... but I also really want to...so count me in please.... thanks!

Defiently will help you! Welcome to the group!
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi I'm Lindsey, I'm 18, 5'1, just weighed myself a while ago and I'm at 172. I just joined earlier this week because I stumbled across the app, anyway, I set my goal at 120 but I figured as I lose weight I can adjust it to fit how I look when I lose more weight. I'm a senior in high school still and have a part time job so I don't always have a lot of time for exercising but I've actually done the opposite of most people over the holiday lol and have exercised more (Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred). I'm supposed to go visit my grandma in Atlantic City, New Jersey (who basically lives on the boardwalk no less) in the summer so definitely need to get in better shape.

Welcome to the group! We will help make you look fabulous!
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hey I'm Kylah

4 years ago I weighed 270lbs, I didn't realize I was that heavy until an ex-friend of mine took a picture of me at a function. I joined a gym and got down to 188lbs 2 years ago. Then I signed up on MFP and thought I was doing great and yes I was logging and I was exercising but I used exercise calories as an excuse to eat junk food or less than healthy choices. Today I am back to 208lbs.

I have a hard time losing scale wise, inches I lose a lot faster but I then get discouraged even though I'm losing inches and Fat. I feel like I'm a huge failure and then beat myself up.

The last couple of months I have lost friends that I thought were my BFF's but after finally finding my voice, i discovered they were leeches. I thought I was happy that I had a voice and I thought I was doing well in terms of cutting the junk out, but looking back at my food diary I have discovered it hit me harder than I thought. Plus BF lost his job and his hernia is bugging him so I have been footing the bill.

I have declared 2013 to be my year in everything, finances, happiness, and to finally get to my goal weight.

Sorry for the long intro.

CW: 208lbs
    GW: 135-140lbs
    GW 6 months from now 170-185.

Looking for challenges to keep on track with my goals.

I'm sorry to here what you've been going through lately! 2013 is the year to focus on your body! X
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Lots of 5'1 to 5'3 people! Funny as most on the main forum seem to be tall! x

If your planning on losing weight that's fine. But please don't disrespect our group members because this is about weight loss not height!
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Glad to see the group up and running :wink:

Im Jo, 25 years old, 5ft 8, married and on maternity leave from my job as a dental nurse.

I gained over 40lbs from my pregnancy (i have a 5 week old demanding daughter, lol) - managed to lose quite abit as standard but i still have 29lbs to lose to match my previous weight. My main exercise plan is to start off on treadmill and lose my 'weight', then tone up and finish off with Zumba. This worked well last time and hope i can achieve this again.

My weight as of today is 176lbs ---> I'll do my official weight on 1st Jan.

My goal weight is 147lbs (suitable for my height)

(Not sure if others have done it yet but its a great idea to take some 'before' pictures, i did mine today :smile: )

It is a good idea to take before pictures because we want a good after picture! :) x
  • plaingirly
    Options

If your planning on losing weight that's fine. But please don't disrespect our group members because this is about weight loss not height!

Sorry if you read that to be disrespectful as I really didn't mean it to be.

I am 5'2" and it is nice to see others around the same height facing similar challenges. x
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options

Sorry if you read that to be disrespectful as I really didn't mean it to be.

I am 5'2" and it is nice to see others around the same height facing similar challenges. x

Sorry then I didn't realise. I just don't want people being nasty to each in my group because then self esteem rockets down and then there's no weight loss. I must have read it wrong sorry! Welcome to he group!
  • SweatingBeauty
    SweatingBeauty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    HI!!! I'm demi! My new years resolution is to be fit and sexy so the name of this group caught my eye! I'm currently 157 lbs with a goal of 140lbs and maybe more! I've never been able to stick with a diet for more than a month so please help me change my life around!

:) hopefully we can all become like a little supportive family!
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tina, I am 5'1, 47 yrs and currently weigh 185.5 lbs. My weight loss has been slow due to snacking and sometimes, binging. I would like to rid myself of these bad habits that are detrimental to my weight loss. This group sounds great because I would like to feel comfortable in a bathing suit summer of 2013 w/o feeling self conscious about how I look. I would like to get down to 125 lbs and with a lot of hard work, I can do it by summer. I am currently working out to Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I have two more of her other workouts that I have also tried: Yoga Meltdown and 6Week 6Pack that I will do when I finish the shred.

Thanks for starting this group! I, we need the support of each other.:smile:
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    HI!!! I'm demi! My new years resolution is to be fit and sexy so the name of this group caught my eye! I'm currently 157 lbs with a goal of 140lbs and maybe more! I've never been able to stick with a diet for more than a month so please help me change my life around!

:) hopefully we can all become like a little supportive family!

I'm sure we will help you turn it around! Welcome to the group! :) x
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hi I'm Tina, I am 5'1, 47 yrs and currently weigh 185.5 lbs. My weight loss has been slow due to snacking and sometimes, binging. I would like to rid myself of these bad habits that are detrimental to my weight loss. This group sounds great because I would like to feel comfortable in a bathing suit summer of 2013 w/o feeling self conscious about how I look. I would like to get down to 125 lbs and with a lot of hard work, I can do it by summer. I am currently working out to Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I have two more of her other workouts that I have also tried: Yoga Meltdown and 6Week 6Pack that I will do when I finish the shred.

Thanks for starting this group! I, we need the support of each other.:smile:

Great to here you have a plan of exercising! We will be here to support and we shall be doing challenges in the new year. So watch out for them! Welcome to the group!
  • ZeldaGrl
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Angela. I am 5'7", and currently weight 258lbs. I have had the Lap Band Surgery for 3 years, and, I have gained most of the weight I've lost back. My Highest weight was 308lbs, and my lowest after the surgery was 220lbs. I would like to join this group to get back into getting motivated. I want to be able to be confident with my body, and hopefully weigh 199lbs by the summer. I ordered the Zumba Exhilarate, and Bodymedia Fit, hopefully arriving by January 1st. I plan to Exercise for an hour every day, and eat right with a High Protein, Low fat, Low Carb Diet. Thank you for starting this group, I know I could use support, and am happy to Support anyone who needs it at any time!

We can do this! 2013 is our year!
  • Chloejrobertson
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Angela. I am 5'7", and currently weight 258lbs. I have had the Lap Band Surgery for 3 years, and, I have gained most of the weight I've lost back. My Highest weight was 308lbs, and my lowest after the surgery was 220lbs. I would like to join this group to get back into getting motivated. I want to be able to be confident with my body, and hopefully weigh 199lbs by the summer. I ordered the Zumba Exhilarate, and Bodymedia Fit, hopefully arriving by January 1st. I plan to Exercise for an hour every day, and eat right with a High Protein, Low fat, Low Carb Diet. Thank you for starting this group, I know I could use support, and am happy to Support anyone who needs it at any time!

Great to here you want to join! Your right we can do this by summer! ;)
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options

I :heart: Zumba!! I got fab results VERY quickly doing it 3-4 times a week. Looking forward to seeing your results x
  • ZeldaGrl
    Options
    Thank you both so much!
  • princesssandie01
    Options
    Laura is that a Suggs jersey Baltimore girl here too.. Go Ravens.
  • LexiBlack12
    LexiBlack12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and happy new year!
    My name is Lexi and I'm 27 years old, am 5'9" and weigh 150 lbs.
    I love joining groups when it comes to weight loss and motivation. It's a great way to get motivated and to stay on track in achieving weight loss goals.
    I look forward to a great year! All the best in 2013!
    Lexi
    P.S. feel free to add my as a MFP friend!
    P.P.S. are we using google excel to track our progress?