January challenge - GET MOVING

Options

Replies

• demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i did 30ds and c25k back to back this morning, 300 calories done by 7am. now to rest at work. lol
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i did 30ds and c25k back to back this morning, 300 calories done by 7am. now to rest at work. lol

Way to go!
  • demilade
    Options
    I got my days mixed up, i thought today was going to be a scorcher so i did them both as early as possable. its tomorrow thats the hot one so i will have to get up early again!
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    Swam for half an hour. Keep moving everyone!
  • Bebeharden
    Bebeharden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I walked today from my house to the doctor's office and then from downtown to my house, about 35 minutes.
  • Bebeharden
    Bebeharden Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Ohhh, I want to work towards swimming laps for 30 minutes straight.
  • Joyyfull4u
    Joyyfull4u Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1hr work out kickboxing, 30 mins walk (out shopping), Jumping rope and now I'm not sleepy.
  • pancakesmajor
    Options

Ohhh, I want to work towards swimming laps for 30 minutes straight.

I have to admit, I can do DVDs all day, but 30 minutes of swimming wipes me out! You should def. try it! Madalynne in this group is my inspiration there - she swims an hour or more almost every day!
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    1hr work out kickboxing, 30 mins walk (out shopping), Jumping rope and now I'm not sleepy.

Haha don't you hate/love that?!? I love the workout high but hate when it messes with your sleep cycle!
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    I hit it hard this morning, because I decided yesterday I wanted to try to get to under 200 by mid-April for my little brother's wedding.

Did 30 Minutes on the exercise bike , 45 Minutes of strength training (Back/Arms/Shoulders) and then cooled down with 75 minutes of Barbara Benagh's "Yoga for Beginners" routines.
  • demilade
    Options
    I find after 15 mins of swimming i get dizzy, id love to go a little longer!

Wowsa pancakes im impressed you have that much time in the day to workout!

I got talked into an extra walk after dinner last night and it was one thing to many for the day. ended up sore and cross. lol

back at it today with 30ds and a walk, maybe swimming tonight if hubby will watch the kids :)
  • dointammy
    dointammy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well I hurt my knee at work Sun. night. It swelled to double it's normal size and I couldn"t bend it.:sad: So mon. and tues exercise was very limited mostly upperbody. Today it still a little sore but not bad and I was able to exercise normally. This morning 30min of tae-bo Tonight I did 45min on exercise bike FELT GREAT:laugh: :happy:
  • dointammy
    Options
    You guessed it 30min of tae-bo
    plus 60 crunches (tried sit-ups)
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    Wowsa pancakes im impressed you have that much time in the day to workout!

I'm really lucky, timewise.

I left my job at the end of last year mainly so that I could go back to my hometown for Christmas (I was a retail exec and hadn't been able to celebrate with my whole family in 8 years), but I chose to stay unemployed while I finish my MBA, get healthy, and take a few more trips before we make babies. I've always had a full plate - in high school I kept a 4.0GPA, taught taekwondo, and was asst. mgr at a DQ, I put myself through college and paid for my own apt and car working as a waitress and a bartender 40+hours a week, and professionally I would put in 60+ hour work weeks while keeping a full and crazy social calendar. I think I finally burnt out last year, and between being so overweight and having the stress of work AND school AND husband being deployed I kinda had a meltdown with some major anxiety/depression issues. Luckily, between my husband's paycheck, savings and student loans we can afford for me to take some time off, so my number one and number two priorities are my MBA and getting healthy again.

I'm still BUSY; I have grad school, tutoring at the homeless shelter, an active role in the Junior League, lots of officer's wife responsibilities and a consulting project for a local startup, but I definitely have way more time than most people, and way less stress than I've ever had.
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    Well I hurt my knee at work Sun. night. It swelled to double it's normal size and I couldn"t bend it.:sad: So mon. and tues exercise was very limited mostly upperbody. Today it still a little sore but not bad and I was able to exercise normally. This morning 30min of tae-bo Tonight I did 45min on exercise bike FELT GREAT:laugh: :happy:

Yikes! Knee injuries are the worst :frown: Glad you're feeling better. I really love the bike when dealing with injuries. I broke my ankle last year and the bike was my best rehab friend :wink:
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    Doh, all those posts and I didn't post my workout.
    30 minutes on the elliptical (bike was taken:grumble:), 45 minutes of weight training (legs), and 20 minutes of yoga sun salutations. Was supposed to swim today but husband is working late and I have to meet for my consulting project tonight.
  • Joyyfull4u
    Options
    Yes do like it but I hate it also because I have to be up early and I been getting to work later than I would to.
  • Joyyfull4u
    Options
    45 mins Les Mills Kata and 95 squats. Legs are just tired.
  • pancakesmajor
    Options
    Swam for half an hour. I am wiped out!
  • dointammy
    Options
    yesturday I did some stress eating so to compensate I did my tae-bo took 30min walk and rode my bike for 45min and now my legs hurt and the junk food left me feeling sick. I believe the lesson for me is that stress eating isn't worth it next time I'll find something else maybe retail therapy I can window shop all day and not buy anything I just enjoy looking.

Today feeling sick:sick: but I'm back on track Tae-bo and oatmeal this morning:happy: