No more Late Night Snacking - January 2013

Options
debilang
debilang Posts: 874 Member
HAPPY NEW YEAR...Everyone! It is pretty late on the West Coast, and another link to start the New Year has not been started...so I will take the liberty!!

A Grrreat Quote: "Watch your Actions they become Habits"

I am HAPPY to say, I FINALLY developed the Habit of NO LATE NIGHT SNACKING!! Sometimes it [is] what we 'PLAN' to do, or it is of our choosing...but a few times vs All the Time...is bad for our health!! It always led to BINGE[ING] for me...sooo, thus the brilliant idea of this Forum!

Have a GRREAT January everyone :):) Let's be STRONG this month, and get that extra weight OFF!! We can DO IT!!! :heart: :bigsmile: :drinker:

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Thanks debilang for getting the challenge started this month. :flowerforyou: I am raring to go on this challenge - feeling very motivated to succeed. In fact, I am going to call it already for tonight since I am going to bed.
    Me; 1
    LNS: 0
    Zaza
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey...Hello to all. I'm here to join you. I love the public accountability.
    Tonight we had my last holiday party with friends. Dinner went late with a healthy desert that followed. I'm not counting that as late night snacking. I've had nothing to eat after that so...
    Me 1: LNS 0
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Thank you, Debi, for starting this right on the 1st of January! :wink: Thank you also for doing this challenge even after it has become a way of life to you.

I am happy to report that after dinner (which I had finished at 7p.m.) I did not snack :happy:. Admittedly, I was saved by going to bed early, but that's also an accomplishment for me :wink:. So:

Me:1 - LNS: 0

Here's to you all and a good year :drinker:!
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Count me in again too. :bigsmile:

Not sure how many months I have been here for but it's more the norm now to stop eating after dinner, around 8pm is cut off time.

I'm off to bed now after my night shift. After eating WAY too much over the Christmas period it was nice to get to 2013 and cut back again and say NO!! To chocolates, sweets, non home made cakes.

Good luck everyone

Me 1
    LNS 0
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, all!

My cut-off time is 8:30 pm.

I hope to have <4 episodes of LNS, per month, in 2013. So far, so good!

Me: 1
  • debilang
    Options
    ME: 1

Yesterday, I did NOT want to go over calorie goal...and I was SOO full that when 8pm came around, and I was not hungry...I just waited til this morning to have my oatmeal. :laugh: And I won over NOT being over calories!! A New Year...and PLENTY of great resolutions!! My C25K team has about 10 people..challenging ourselves to "get off the couch"...and train to run. I've got some good years in me, but REALLY need to train properly. I am having FUN. Today, in fact is my FIRST DAY to train. It is 20 minutes..of walking and running...I am taking a deep breath as I say this. Plus I am trying a NEW WAY of eating. I read that my Carb intake should be at Breakfast and after exercising. Sooo...just waiting to exercise so I can eat at Chipotle's. Yumm...

**ZaZa** Isn’t it WONDERFUL how a mile mark, like New Year’s can get us going? I get motivated because my PALS are. Congrats on Jan 1’s victory (big smile) :smile:

**Mar** Sooooo happy to see you here, Buddy!! You ‘planned’ your meal, and that by EVERY MEANS is *not* late night snacking! We think of LNS as mindless binge[ing] cause the snacks are calling our name and we succumb!! It is good not to eat 2 hours before bed, just for digestion sake…that is my OWN rules, though. Congrats!! On a Job WELL DONE…WELCOME AGAIN!!! :bigsmile:

**Dewdrop** Happy New Year…I want to continue this challenge, cause I *still* have tendencies to succumb to LNS…and this site keeps me ACCOUNTABILE!! Great on your first day VICTORY (smile) :smile:

**Kate** So happy that LNS’ing is now more a HABIT than NOT. And great on saying NO to Sweets!! WTG Buddy :bigsmile:

**Beeps** Planning is EVERYTHING! You goo Girl :drinker:

Keep up the great work, Everyone!!:drinker:
    Deb
  • marpeters
    Options
    Day 2:
    Again, had a late night dinner after yoga. Late Night Snacking to me is any eating after dinner. I just want to STOP the snacking.

Me: 2
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me:2 - LNS:0
    and I'm as happy as if I had already conquered the month :wink:. I am always happy when I start off right :wink:.

Look like everyone's had a great start :happy:! Keep up this good work :flowerforyou:!
  • debilang
    Options
    ME: 2

My first training session for C25K was AWESOME! Actually, to me it was pretty easy, but, that is the whole POINT of training, so that we continue to be MOTIVATED! I see in my schedule in a few weeks, I will be running (jogging) for 3 minutes with a rest period of 90 seconds, with the ultimate 9 week goal as jogging/running 3 miles NON-STOP. Will love to get there..but am being PATIENT...baby steps LOL. Then I think of Kate who has run upward of 30 miles in a day...WOWZA! lol...Grreat job ALways...Kate~:flowerforyou:

**Mar** - Love your rules. I've read that it is soo important to fuel our body with food after exercise! (smile) :flowerforyou:

**Dewdrop** Keep up the great MOMENTUM! Congrats!:flowerforyou:

Deb
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me; 2
  • zaza54
    Options
    Me:2

I share your enthusiasm deb and dew!!
    Good luck everyone.
    Zaza
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dewdrop for inviting me. Please disregard the message I sent you. I couldn't figure it out and then I saw the "LNS fighters" on the page.

Tonight is night 2
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Thanks Dewdrop for inviting me. Please disregard the message I sent you. I couldn't figure it out and then I saw the "LNS fighters" on the page.

Then please disregard the invitation I just sent you :wink:.

I am so VERY happy that you joined!

Let me introduce wlhanisch, everyone! She's a very determined, intelligent and delicate lady. Very nice to have around :wink:.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 3 - LNS: 0

Dinner was a bit late (but right after I got home), but it was still almost 3 hrs before going to bed with nothing in between :).
  • zaza54
    Options
    Hello and welcome to wlhanisch. I think I recognize you from this or another challenge a long time ago. You look great.

We have a nice group here even tho I was absent for a few months. i'm back now and mean business.:laugh:

Me: 3

Week-ends are challenging, but I am going to try to keep this perfect record. Good luck to all of you.
    Zaza
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 3
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    :yawn: Off to bed now and so far my score is 100% to me, hoorah :laugh:

LNS 0. :bigsmile:
    Me 4 :happy:

Well done ladies

Welcome wlhanisch :flowerforyou:
  • debilang
    Options
    ME: 3

My second training session for C25K is today! I will report how I did tomorrow :smile: I am babysitting today. Gosh I haven't seen my grandkids in a WEEK...and as soon as I walk in my grandson EXCITEDLY greets me...and starts talking a mile a minute. LOL...He is only 2 yrs and 7 months, and I am thrilled I can understand SOME of what he says...lol...the other I just have to repeat what I think he says. Soo adorable. When I reported my 1st training session was "easy"...I wasn't sore until late last night. hehe Of course, I am doing other strengthening exercises...so it is ALL good!!

**ZaZa** Glad our *team* is focused...and happy to see your posts once again. :flowerforyou:

**Dewdrop** Waiting three hours before bed after your last meal is Fantastic. No indigestion in the morning...I *love* getting up hungry :bigsmile:

**Wlhanisch** Welcome!!...we are a fun group that are trying not to Late Night Snack...

Everyone is doing great for the 4th day of the New Year! :drinker:

Deb
    [/quote]
  • marpeters
    Options
    Me: 4

Am trying to go with No snacking at all. Limit myself to meals only. I love how empty I feel in the afternoon. The cravings have gone and I'm just feeling strong. Thanks for all the support. You all are incredible!!!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I think I like the "ME:, LNS:" format! If I have a day when I falter, I can still look at the positive side of how many days I did well.
    As of right now, since the beginning of the month I am at

ME: 2
    LNS: 1

(New Years Day was a HUGE family party and I didn't even realize I was snacking at 8:30pm until my husband said it was time to pack up the kids and get home). I am hopeful for tonight, but tomorrow I know we are going to a college hockey game and I won tickets to one of the "suites" at work today. I am sure I will bask in the first time experience of being pampered by vendors.

I hope each month will bring me a smaller LNS # until I am consistently at "0" for LNS

BTW, Thank you for the warm welcome and kind words. And yes Zaza, I am a face from a long time ago (the photo is from back then too... I should really find a more current one).