Weight Loss Surgery - Daily Conversation 2013

Options

Replies

• tyrannanora
    tyrannanora Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey all i am a newbie. I saw my surgeon today and i am having RNY done via the robot on March 5th, 2013 pre-op is Feb 20th. So very excited!!

Robot? What the heck is that? Sounds so science fiction-y. :wink:
  • Compudad
    Compudad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So I'm kind of annoyed. According to my BodyMedia FIT and MyFitnessPal, for the past two weeks, I've been posting an average deficit of 250 calories a day. And my weight hasn't budged one bit! Bah. Stupid scale!

I am no longer annoyed by not showing progress all the time.

Take last month for instance I burned 88341 calories and consumed only 21334. That is a calorie deficit of 67007.

A pound of fat is 3500 calories, so when I divide 67006 by 3500 I see that I burned 19.44 pounds of fat.

Energy is not free, Just like you can not drive 200 miles on a 100 mile tank of gas, you cannot follow the program without long term positive results.

I spent almost two weeks last month at the same or near weight, but over the whole month I lost 18 pounds, pretty close to my calculated weight loss above.

Keep working hard, make progress every day and try to realize that daily scorekeeping can give you short-sighted disappointments.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    For a few months, the weekly weigh-ins are pretty consistent in showing lost weight, the way Compudad's arithmetic worked. At about five months, as I started getting closer to my goal, the weekly numbers were more erratic, but the monthly numbers are still pretty accurate. The difference seems to be edema, where my body holds onto much more fluid, and after a couple of weeks, of very little or no loss, releases the fluid for a very quick weight loss. The math still works out, but weight loss is not linear. Keep doing what you are supposed to be doing, give it extra time, and the results will be there.
  • sclark70
    sclark70 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, way to go, sclark!! I'm still waiting for my surgery date but I hope to be able to get your kind of fantastic results. I'm a diabetic and really looking forward to losing the darned pills. You are just teh inspiration I was looking for this morning! thanks!

@ tyrannanora...I am glad to inspire. Good luck with surgery you will do just fine...walk, walk, and when you are done walk again...it will help you feel better so much faster!!
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hey all i am a newbie. I saw my surgeon today and i am having RNY done via the robot on March 5th, 2013 pre-op is Feb 20th. So very excited!!

Robot? What the heck is that? Sounds so science fiction-y. :wink:

It's the da-vinci robotic system it serves as the hands for the surgeon they manuever everything it is supposed to be much more precise with no tremors, less pain, etc.

http://www.davincisurgery.com/da-vinci-surgery/da-vinci-surgical-system/?utm_source=0&utm_medium=0&utm_campaign=Brand_dVS_daVinci+KWs_GGL&gclid=CJX80t_HpbUCFQ-e4Aodbj8AwQ
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Things are going okay with me but today I had this revelation that my job is literally killing me. I'm totally convinced it's my job that's kept me from healing my post-concision syndrome.

So I'm going to try harder to find a new one.
  • carlygirl412
    Options
    Hey everyone! Things are going okay with me but today I had this revelation that my job is literally killing me. I'm totally convinced it's my job that's kept me from healing my post-concision syndrome.

So I'm going to try harder to find a new one.

Hi Mollie:

All the best with finding a new job!

Peace,
    Carlygirl412
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Today is the day, (again), I weighed myself and it kinda hurt....I have gained weight back since having surgery and losing all that weight....Just had breakfast. 1 cup of special k and greek yogurt....I think my problem is I have to plan (what an original idea)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • anghigdon
    anghigdon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Today is the day, (again), I weighed myself and it kinda hurt....I have gained weight back since having surgery and losing all that weight....Just had breakfast. 1 cup of special k and greek yogurt....I think my problem is I have to plan (what an original idea)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't beat yourself up! It sounds like you know what you need to do and you'll do it! Welcome back!!!
  • MacMadame
    Options
    I've been doing really well since I went on Topamax. :laugh: I was really struggling before. MFP really helped once I came back here though.
  • nikarjc
    nikarjc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I posted a new thread to challenge water intake. As I struggle with this everyday being 1 month gastric bypass post op... I'd like you all to join the challenge and post your daily water intake in the thread as I will be also. Whether I get all 60 in or not will be posting!!! Lets encourage each other!!
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am officially 11 days before my SURGERY DAY!! My last week of work is this coming week. March 5th surgery date. I started my pre-op diet on Feb 19th and went for all my pre-op testing Feb 20th.

I am down to 302.8 my goal is to get to at least 299 for surgery day :p
  • carlygirl412
    Options
    I am officially 11 days before my SURGERY DAY!! My last week of work is this coming week. March 5th surgery date. I started my pre-op diet on Feb 19th and went for all my pre-op testing Feb 20th.

I am down to 302.8 my goal is to get to at least 299 for surgery day :p

Hi Lovinmamaxo:

Congrats on the weight loss so far! You are so close to your surgery day! All the best to you and please let us know how everything went!

Peace,
    Carlygirl412
  • MacMadame
    Options
    I went swimming today! It wasn't as cold as last time and I did better with the sighting too.
  • sheripamela
    sheripamela Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Got my appointment at the weight loss clinic. If I am accepted I will be having surgery. Nervous.
  • cecilialibra
    Options
    One is at 7:00 cst the 1st Monday of every month and the other one is at 1:00 cst the 3rd Thursday of every month. Message me if you want the information for this meeting. They send out reminder emails too. You mute your phone if at work and cant participate. Sometimes on Thursday's I just listen because I am busy at work. If nothing else they help me to keep my head in the game.

New here, and a firm believer in support groups. Can you send me the info?
  • MacMadame
    Options
    Mollie! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Mollie! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!
    I am here lady MacMadame :-) I have have had some very challenging times this past year so not able to support as much. My Mom has been fighting cancer since 2005 and is now terminal. She still may live a few more years with chemo so that is encouraging. She has already lasted 2 times since they told her she would be on chemo off and on for the rest of her time left. The chemo will stop the tumor from matastizing. (not sure on spelling)

Anyway now my Dad had a nasty fall and will have to have knee surgery and he did a lot for my Mom so now my sister and I will have to step up to the plate now. Other

So that is the short story. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!:wink:
  • Compudad
    Compudad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Today will be 90 days since my RNY surgery on December 5th.
    I have lost 50 pounds since that day, 93 pounds since starting the program
    have gone from a 44 waist size to 36-38,
    Am off my high blood pressure meds, one of my diabetes meds and my other diabetes med has been cut in half.
    My A1c has gone from 7.0 in August to a 5.3.
    Since Christmas, I have walked 218 miles
    I feel good.
  • carlygirl412
    Options
    Today will be 90 days since my RNY surgery on December 5th.
    I have lost 50 pounds since that day, 93 pounds since starting the program
    have gone from a 44 waist size to 36-38,
    Am off my high blood pressure meds, one of my diabetes meds and my other diabetes med has been cut in half.
    My A1c has gone from 7.0 in August to a 5.3.
    Since Christmas, I have walked 218 miles
    I feel good.

Hi compudad:

Congratulations! You're doing great! Keep it up!
This discussion has been closed.