Dating challenge

Options
pa_jorg
pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
Since it's the beginning of the year and a time to make resolutions I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a dating challenge game for the Peeps? My idea is a FUN, simple competition among friends for bragging rights perhaps (maybe a winner every month)... But the SERIOUS goal is getting each of us to try new things and step outside our own personal comfort zones in 2013!!!!!!

I was thinking about something along the lines of earning points for doing things you wouldn't normally do in the way of dating (i.e. flirting with someone who isn't your type, joining a social group, asking a friend to fix you up, the list can go on and on...). Any and all input to flesh out the idea is appreciated!

Thoughts, suggestions??? Anyone interested? :drinker:

Replies

• 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i went to a singles church dance monday night.....
    that was WAY outside my comfort zone, LOL!!!!

apparently an hour east of me there is a HUGE and i mean HUGE singles crowd. they have events all the time. some dating expert is going to talking to them on saturday. i've been told i need to come to their services on sunday. i might check it out. they start church at 3p, vs. the 9am slot i have at my family ward starting this upcoming sunday, LOL!!!! so, who knows.....

i did get to talk men that actually walked up to me though. it was kinda cool, but definitely outside my comfort zone.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    PA - I like the idea!!! I would be in if I wasn't already involved. :happy:

4 - Awesome!! Keep us posted! :happy:
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    PA - I like the idea!!! I would be in if I wasn't already involved. :happy:

4 - Awesome!! Keep us posted! :happy:

Run - Feel free to make suggestions for rules. Like I said, it's an idea in progress!

4- Great job getting outside that comfort zone!
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! Just as Run, I'm involved but I'm sure it will help me too, or give me new ideas.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    I'll put my thinking cap on....

Absolutely agree with af, it could give us some ideas in the meantime. :wink:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Hmm I think this would be cool!!
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I don't get this game. How many points for a one night stand again?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Whilst I am very pro women asking guys out, I've never asked a stranger! I've asked someone that I know likes me, but that's kinda cheating, right? lol

So, that would take me out of my comfort zone, and I'd be wanting 100 points for that one !! :laugh:

Flirting with someone you dont fancy - yeah, good practice - but only 10 points??

Flirting with someone you fancy - 50?

Going to a bar on your own and flirting with someone - 500? :noway:
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Whilst I am very pro women asking guys out, I've never asked a stranger! I've asked someone that I know likes me, but that's kinda cheating, right? lol

So, that would take me out of my comfort zone, and I'd be wanting 100 points for that one !! :laugh:

Flirting with someone you dont fancy - yeah, good practice - but only 10 points??

We need to party Anna!! lol
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

We need to party Anna!! lol

hahaha!! I'm game!! :drinker:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I'll play, as long as you don't lose points for using game enhancing alcohol :wink:

I flirted with our server at lunch just yesterday, woulda left him my number if I lived in Utah ahhahaa!
  • 4themoney
    Options
    are those outside your comfort zone?

I'm sorry, but I don't get this game. How many points for a one night stand again?
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options

+ 100 for women
    - 10 for men

:tongue:
  • RunIntheMud
    Options

+ 100 for women
    - 10 for men

:tongue:

LOL!! YES!!
  • 4themoney
    Options
    so, i BRIEFLY met two guys face to face over the holiday. i ended giving them both my number and they both shot me down. i am trying to put myself out there.......
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    so, i BRIEFLY met two guys face to face over the holiday. i ended giving them both my number and they both shot me down. i am trying to put myself out there.......

Have you read the book " He's Just Not Into You"?
    Tough love but potentially very helpful...
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    I'll play, as long as you don't lose points for using game enhancing alcohol :wink:

Alcohol is allowed and even encouraged :wink:

Thanks all, like I said, the idea was just meant as a fun game to get us out of our comfort zones. So far, I really like all the points suggestions. :happy:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

I love that book. When it first came out I sat at Target and read the majority of it!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    This could be interesting just don't make me go to church and we will be good. I'm pretty sure I might catch fire lol j/k
  • 4themoney
    Options
    yeah, i know. trust me i know. but, i at least took a risk, right?
    i think it was kind of like a last ditch effort........ i'm wrapping all of this dating stuff up. so, one last 'hail mary' before i officially quit.

i went to a dance, talked to guys that approached me, and gave two of them my number. i figure if you're going down, go down in a blaze of glory, right????