Team Stargazer (2014 Brides :)

Options

Replies

• Jaxter1104
    Jaxter1104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I really hope I am not letting my team down. I have been going through a rough time with things going on with my fiancé's family. i really am working to get on the right track again. But I just wanted to say that everyone is doing amazing and you are all fabulous!!! :heart:

Absolutely not! We all have hit rough patches so we DO understand! I hope things get better for you! Just keep your head up and stay strong! I'm always here if you need to talk…..Remember we're all in this together! :)
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    CGPrincessWarrior Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I think that the team captain is just supposed to make sure we all report into you and then you take all of our weights and report them to lawyerette. So if someone wants to claim it then we can all send in our weights to that person and then that person will report on up. I would also recommend messaging everyone in the group today so that they know what's going on. So if someone wants to just claim it, go right on ahead :) I just got a job so I don't know how much free time I'll have so I don't think I'll be able to do it as I might be working on some Sundays.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I think that the team captain is just supposed to make sure we all report into you and then you take all of our weights and report them to lawyerette. So if someone wants to claim it then we can all send in our weights to that person and then that person will report on up. I would also recommend messaging everyone in the group today so that they know what's going on. So if someone wants to just claim it, go right on ahead :) I just got a job so I don't know how much free time I'll have so I don't think I'll be able to do it as I might be working on some Sundays.

Yeah, I know about the time issue. My school keeps me busy this session. Plus job hunting, plus wedding planning = YIKES! But yes, if anyone wants to volunteer I would say just assume, and make a post stating that you will be team captain. Seems like that's the best idea right now...
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Who are we reporting to? I would usually be all over this but between f/t work, p/t school, wedding planning and renovating a house, I just can't :(
  • Jaxter1104
    Options
    I have classes 3 times a week but I have plenty of time on Sundays and Mondays to put everything together so i'll just assume the role so that we can get our information in on time. :) Just message me your current weight and points for this week and i'll send them to lawyerette.
  • Jaxter1104
    Options
    As of right now the list of people I still need weights from are:

allishax9918
    AML04143
    CecilySheard7
    Ibfree1027
    kathmur30
    Itfitz89
    lovedork
    Moxie42
    SatelliteCat
    Hannah1803
    jalas27
    kalyn_QT
    locrianzone
    Sully16
    Tinad120
  • Jaxter1104
    Options
    Alright Team Stargazers! I have to ask, how can I as "team captain" help you guys to stay motivated? I have contacted each individual group member and many people responded that they didn't feel connected to the group. That's not how we should feel as a team…..so would you like me to set up little side challenges to keep us all participating and active? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I think side- challenges is a good idea!

Personally, my will power has been awful lately. I feel desperate to lose the weight, yet I keep making bad decisions. I'm not sure I entirely believe I can do this, and I'm not sure how to get that confidence and determination back. At one point I had lost 24 lbs and now I'm back at a 5 lb loss- it's really discouraging. :frown:
  • Jaxter1104
    Options

Personally, my will power has been awful lately. I feel desperate to lose the weight, yet I keep making bad decisions. I'm not sure I entirely believe I can do this, and I'm not sure how to get that confidence and determination back. At one point I had lost 24 lbs and now I'm back at a 5 lb loss- it's really discouraging. :frown:

Everyone has their own way of doing things…..For the longest time I let the weight climb because I just wanted a miracle pill to just take the weight away. I went on the Dukan diet and would workout for a few weeks then fell off track. I gained 30 pounds in just under 6 months. I was soooo discouraged but finally said to myself enough is enough!!! None of my clothes fit me but I was not about to go and buy new clothes because that would only encourage me to be comfortable in my eyes….so I chose to be uncomfortable and said to myself, how does that feel? Do you want to live like this? Do you want to keep worrying about what people are going to say about you? Do you want to keep shying away from having photos taken of you, or do you just want to live and be happy and confident? So i'm doing something! I WILL not buy things that aren't healthy because if they are in the house I WILL eat them! My fiance knows there is no junk food in the house and if he wants to eat it, he better do it outside the house. I will treat myself once a week when i've done a good job. I won't go overboard and still eat within my calorie allowance but I am still losing weight even on my "cheat" days! You can do this and know that we're here to support you! If you ever need to talk just message me! :smile:
  • Moxie42
    Options

Everyone has their own way of doing things…..For the longest time I let the weight climb because I just wanted a miracle pill to just take the weight away. I went on the Dukan diet and would workout for a few weeks then fell off track. I gained 30 pounds in just under 6 months. I was soooo discouraged but finally said to myself enough is enough!!! None of my clothes fit me but I was not about to go and buy new clothes because that would only encourage me to be comfortable in my eyes….so I chose to be uncomfortable and said to myself, how does that feel? Do you want to live like this? Do you want to keep worrying about what people are going to say about you? Do you want to keep shying away from having photos taken of you, or do you just want to live and be happy and confident? So i'm doing something! I WILL not buy things that aren't healthy because if they are in the house I WILL eat them! My fiance knows there is no junk food in the house and if he wants to eat it, he better do it outside the house. I will treat myself once a week when i've done a good job. I won't go overboard and still eat within my calorie allowance but I am still losing weight even on my "cheat" days! You can do this and know that we're here to support you! If you ever need to talk just message me! :smile:

Thanks! :smile: I really appreciate the support! I do think I need to stop trying to accommodate friends and my fiance, to an extent. Sometimes he realllllly wants Chinese food and I say that he can get Chinese and I'll make a salad...and he says "no, nevermind, I won't get Chinese" but he says it kinda sad-like...so I say "actually, I'm sure I can fit it in my cals!" because I don't want to "deprive" him when I should probably encourage him to eat healthy too, because he DOES want to lose weight. This weekend was bad because we had some friends over to play pool and they wanted to order pizza...so we did...I SHOULD have ordered a salad with it, had one piece of pizza, and eat more salad. I think I use situations like that as an excuse to eat things I love but should really avoid. When I'm on my own or cooking, or even at work, I rarely cheat.
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I apologize for being MIA the past few days, so much stuff going on. Meeting with a dj/photographer today, last day to register for grad classes for the month, & finding out before the week is over if I am getting a big promotion & will be traveling 2+hrs per day round trip. Haven't been to Zumba in a week and my steps have decreased severely. Much to cold to do anything but sit on the couch with a blanket.

Sorry for my mini complain-fest but I needed to get it out. I promise I will be more dedicated and supportive this week. Or at least I will try. Hopefully a date night with my hubby to be tonight and then back on track for the rest of the week... no exceptions.
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    Options
    I like the idea of a team side challenge :)

I know for me I have been stuck at the same weight for a year and a half. It's becoming increasingly frustrated for me to stay motivated because it's been so long since I've seen any results. I love running too much to quit though so I have that to keep me in the game at least a little bit.

My problem though is that I reward myself with food. If I have a good week, I will go out to eat and completely undo everything that I have done that week. I need a better reward system that doesn't involve food. I am just sabotaging myself. I feel guilty and get angry at myself but I can't fuel my journey by anger anymore, it's just too exhausting. I need to stick to my plan and just do what I am supposed to do with no excuses and no rewards of food. Now that I have a job I might can start rewarding myself with a manicure or a new top or something that makes me feel good about me.

I need to just stay on track and I am hoping that now that I have a job I can get a schedule down and stick to it. I hope that we can all be encouraging to each other. We're all on a journey and while we're at different points I think we can all learn from each other and I think we all need support and encouragement. We can do this. We can do this. I can do this.
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, Stargazers!

I think I might be the only one of us who had never watched The Biggest Loser on television before... at least until last night!!!! I only caught the weigh-in portion at the end, but wow! It was so much fun to see them in person doing what we are doing online :)

One thing I thought was interesting was the friendly competition between teammates and the mutual encouragement based on the previous week's results. Then I saw you all chatting about side-challenges today. It got me thinking that you all might feel more like a team if you are more cohesive in our support of one another and, perhaps, by challenging one another to see which of you can be the top loss on your team.

With that in mind, I'm posting your internal team rankings. I will be providing the same sort of info to the other teams as well. I hope you will work together to encourage one another. Also, if no one on your team is experienced in diet/nutritional planning, I'm willing to help out with that. Good luck, ladies!

2yvsz94.jpg
  • Jaxter1104
    Options
    Come on ladies we need to step it up this week!! We need to finally win a challenge!! I know we can do it but we need EVERYONE putting in the effort!!! This needs to be our week!!:smile:
  • Jaxter1104
    Options
    I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who got their numbers in to me on time….I know the whole team captain thing threw people for a loop but this week can we PLEASE try to get our numbers in on Sunday? If you can't weigh in on Sunday please get me your numbers Saturday…..Thank You :smile:

Note: I will send out reminders to everyone Saturday but that's the best I can do, I really need your help to keep everything moving as smoothly as possible!
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    Options
    Come on ladies we need to step it up this week!! We need to finally win a challenge!! I know we can do it but we need EVERYONE putting in the effort!!! This needs to be our week!!:smile:

I agree!!! I'm working as hard as I can this week. I am still trying to get motivated to get to the gym but the rain and the cold is just really not helping me stay motivated! I'm actually really ready for spring. My eating has been a lot better though. Any ideas on a side challenge just for us?
  • Jaxter1104
    Options
    [/quote]

I agree!!! I'm working as hard as I can this week. I am still trying to get motivated to get to the gym but the rain and the cold is just really not helping me stay motivated! I'm actually really ready for spring. My eating has been a lot better though. Any ideas on a side challenge just for us?
    [/quote]

This week has been hard for me too because I have classes all day for three days straight and then I get home and i'm exhausted! Not to mention my professors expect us to do 3 hours of homework a night for each class. It's nearly impossible to find time to workout. But I do walk a ton on campus so that's helping but i'm still able to do only like 30-40 minutes of workouts a night. Hope that'll be enough!!

As for a side challenge you ladies are gonna hate me!!! :smile: But that's ok because you'll love me later on when the weight is flying off and you can feel confident with your body!!
  • Jaxter1104
    Options
    So here's our SIDE CHALLENGE for this week!! For those of you who keep saying they don't have the time to workout well this video only takes five minutes out of your day and we're all going to do this together!! It WILL burn and you might cry a little bit like I did but it makes a huge difference let me tell you!!

So we're going to do this squat challenge video at least TWO times this week because I posted late!! I want everyone to post about the painful experience after you do it! I wanna hear from you guys so don't be shy!! :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDpB8pWEjhk

LET'S WORK THOSE THIGHS LADIES!!

-Jacqui
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    Options
    I just watched that video and yes we are going to kill you!!! haha
  • Moxie42
    Options
    I'll do it tonight- looking forward to it!

And Team- sorry for my gain last week :frown: I made a special dinner for my fiance's birthday and then we went on vacation for our anniversary. It's not an excuse, I know, but I promise that was not a typical week. I checked in this morning and I'll definitely be seeing a good loss this week! I'm also cutting out alcohol entirely for the month of February, which means less empty cals and no more junk food binges ruining otherwise good days!