Ah. The hypocrisy of women!

Options

Replies

• Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options

So conversely.. .guys say they want real women, but the reality is they drive women to do all the stupid crap that most women do. If guys preferred "real" women there wouldn't be so many fake ones. It's called supply and demand.

Well said! this truly seems to be our reality.

Your reality is that you've never had a single original thought about what you want in your life? Or that you have never had enough courage to go through with it? Because thats what it sounds like...

Where did that come from and what the hell are you talking about?

Just because I agree with what was said, I cannot have an original thought?! You don't know ANYTHING about me.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

So conversely.. .guys say they want real women, but the reality is they drive women to do all the stupid crap that most women do. If guys preferred "real" women there wouldn't be so many fake ones. It's called supply and demand.

Your reality is that you've never had a single original thought about what you want in your life? Or that you have never had enough courage to go through with it? Because thats what it sounds like...

Just because I agree with what was said, I cannot have an original thought?! You don't know ANYTHING about me.

You agreed that you let guys make you do stupid crap.

If you let others dictate what you do, then you yourself don't have an original enough idea to do what you want.

I am very glad that the women in my life don't let other guys (or women) dictate how they live.

In that few sentences you told me enough about you. You let others dictate how you live and you agree with pretty much every non-sense said to put down other men all the while you blindly follow men (since you admitted that you let men make you do stupid crap).

No need to respond. I am sure it would be more hateful man bashing
  • taunto
    Options

So conversely.. .guys say they want real women, but the reality is they drive women to do all the stupid ----that most women do. If guys preferred "real" women there wouldn't be so many fake ones. It's called supply and demand.

???

Really??

I've noticed that guys SAY they want a natural, real woman but end up chasing women who do all the "fake" stuff. Supply and demand. If guys didn't go for it more often than they go for a truly natural woman, then so many woman wouldn't do it.

ALSO most men I've talked to have no concept of how much makeup a woman has on or how much time went into doing her hair. Thick caked makeup and wild colors are obvious, but even a "natural" evening face can take a while (my makeup, personally, is 5-10 minutes b/c I don't have patience or skill for more). When I point out a beautiful woman, I try to ask the guys around their opinions... they think her hair is just "wash-n-go" or she has no makeup on but I can look at her and see that she put a lot of work and effort into her appearance.

Edit to add: So what I'm saying is the guys may think they want the natural woman, but only because they don't realize the enhancement she's done

Yeah this message wasn't about "real" or "fake" anything. It was about the fact that both those ladies I quoted just said that they let men dictate what they do. Nice tl;dr though

Please read a bit closer. English is my 4th language and if I can read it, so can you (thats of course assuming English is your first language. If it isn't, then I apologize)

ETA: Bolded the quote in case you were having a hard time finding it
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options

If you let others dictate what you do, then you yourself don't have an original enough idea to do what you want.

I am very glad that the women in my life don't let other guys (or women) dictate how they live.

In that few sentences you told me enough about you. You let others dictate how you live and you agree with pretty much every non-sense said to put down other men all the while you blindly follow men (since you admitted that you let men make you do stupid crap).

Where did I agree that guys "make me do stupid crap"? Nobody dictates anything to me. I couldn't tell you the last time I wore make up (other than lipstick, I just don't like it), I don't do contacts, nails, fake hair, boobs or whatever else was mentioned. What you see is what you get. If you don't like it, keep moving...

I also did not man bash, just agreed with the supply demand thing. I see (some) women do some strange things to please (some) men.

Know what you're talking about before you judge, you make yourself look bad.
  • taunto
    Options

Where did I agree that guys "make me do stupid crap"? Nobody dictates anything to me. I couldn't tell you the last time I wore make up (other than lipstick, I just don't like it), I don't do contacts, nails, fake hair, boobs or whatever else was mentioned. What you see is what you get. If you don't like it, keep moving...

I also did not man bash, just agreed with the supply demand thing. I see (some) women do some strange things to please (some) men.

Know what you're talking about before you judge, you make yourself look bad.
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options

So conversely.. .guys say they want real women, but the reality is they drive women to do all the stupid ----that most women do. If guys preferred "real" women there wouldn't be so many fake ones. It's called supply and demand.

???

Really??

I've noticed that guys SAY they want a natural, real woman but end up chasing women who do all the "fake" stuff. Supply and demand. If guys didn't go for it more often than they go for a truly natural woman, then so many woman wouldn't do it.

ALSO most men I've talked to have no concept of how much makeup a woman has on or how much time went into doing her hair. Thick caked makeup and wild colors are obvious, but even a "natural" evening face can take a while (my makeup, personally, is 5-10 minutes b/c I don't have patience or skill for more). When I point out a beautiful woman, I try to ask the guys around their opinions... they think her hair is just "wash-n-go" or she has no makeup on but I can look at her and see that she put a lot of work and effort into her appearance.

Edit to add: So what I'm saying is the guys may think they want the natural woman, but only because they don't realize the enhancement she's done

Yeah this message wasn't about "real" or "fake" anything. It was about the fact that both those ladies I quoted just said that they let men dictate what they do. Nice tl;dr though

Please read a bit closer. English is my 4th language and if I can read it, so can you (thats of course assuming English is your first language. If it isn't, then I apologize)

ETA: Bolded the quote in case you were having a hard time finding it

Just because I said that supply and demand (of men) lead women to do things to their body doesn't mean that I MYSELF do it. Taunto... I'm the most original person I know. Hence, when the guy told me to put more makeup on and do my hair better I told him.. "this is me"... take it or leave it. I will never march to the beat of someone else's drummer. I am uniquely me.

Slap is my best friend in real life, Cliffslosinit, and P have both met me... they can vouch for me having a brain and thinking for myself as well as not being pretentiously made-up.
  • taunto
    Options

Just because I said that supply and demand (of men) women lead women to do things to their body doesn't mean that I MYSELF do it. Taunto... I'm the most original person I know. Hence, when the guy told me to put more makeup on and do my hair better I told him.. "this is me"... take it or leave it. I will never march to the beat of someone else's drummer. I am uniquely me.

Slap is my best friend in real life, Cliffslosinit, and P have all met me... they can vouch for me having a brain and thinking for myself as well as not being pretentiously made-up.

My problem isn't with your OP. The guy was a dbag so screw him. And for the record, I have been put into a similar situation multiple times. Once the girl said "if you had a scottish accent I would go out with it" (yes, that actually happened. As an Indian, it was just funny to me though)

My problem is how a part of your OP was taken out of context and used to say "oh, most guys MAKE us do it". If a guy is MAKING you do this, then I'm sorry you don't have an original thought or if you do, then you donot have enough courage to go through with it. People with original thoughts and courage (like yourself) do not say "Men MAKE us do something".

To stefanie, go against the crowd for a change and stop bashing men. We're not all out to MAKE you do anything
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options

Just because I said that supply and demand (of men) women lead women to do things to their body doesn't mean that I MYSELF do it. Taunto... I'm the most original person I know. Hence, when the guy told me to put more makeup on and do my hair better I told him.. "this is me"... take it or leave it. I will never march to the beat of someone else's drummer. I am uniquely me.

Slap is my best friend in real life, Cliffslosinit, and P have all met me... they can vouch for me having a brain and thinking for myself as well as not being pretentiously made-up.

My problem isn't with your OP. The guy was a dbag so screw him. And for the record, I have been put into a similar situation multiple times. Once the girl said "if you had a scottish accent I would go out with it" (yes, that actually happened. As an Indian, it was just funny to me though)

My problem is how a part of your OP was taken out of context and used to say "oh, most guys MAKE us do it". If a guy is MAKING you do this, then I'm sorry you don't have an original thought or if you do, then you donot have enough courage to go through with it. People with original thoughts and courage (like yourself) do not say "Men MAKE us do something".

To stefanie, go against the crowd for a change and stop bashing men. We're not all out to MAKE you do anything

Where in my OP does it say men make ME do anything? My OP stated that if men didn't prefer the Barbie types then, in my opinion, women wouldn't be so hell-bent on doing all the fake stuff.

My experience the other night confirmed this....me, a normal woman, being told to glam it up more for the guy....no dice!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I just look better with makeup and my hair done...in my own opinion. Completely natural is overrated. I rolled out of bed and went to class in sweatpants and without makeup in my first year at university
    I called it natural. Really...it was me just being lazy.

I absolutely agree. I won't go completely natural unless we're camping or working out, but I prefer not to wear the bright or dark makeup that some do (unless it's for a special event). I also do my hair every day. With the shorter style, I prefer to to...when it's longer, I have curls and just throw in a little cream.

I didn't mean to imply anything bad about women that do their hair and makeup in the post above, because I think it's great. I was just thinking more specifically about the college age women that I've been running across lately that look like they're ready for a music video (and, that's at work or even the ones working at daycare). You don't see any ounce of their natural beauty shining through all of the makeup caked on, the extensions, and even the colored contacts.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Hi taunto,

Just jumping in here.
    DC is a very grounded awesome not fake lady.
    Btw that dude was a d-bag.

I agree with her...
    My opinion is girls do it for all kinds of reasons.
    Attention, etc.
  • slap1225
    slap1225 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I like to play with Barbies!

U7ugv.jpg

Can't stop looking at her chest........
    DAT Hello Kitty! watch...
    It's the 2nd thing I noticed, her legs being the first. I only noticed the watch because every girl I've met in person likes Hello Kitty.

Girls like Hello Kitty...women do not.

agreed!!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i like hello kitty and last i checked i'm a full grown woman.

i just dont tell people or wear HK watches but i do have a hello kitty makeup bag. i dare anyone to tell me in my face that i'm not a woman because i have a HK makeup bag, but i seriously doubt most of the people making differentiations between what women vs girls do are man/woman enough for direct confrontation anyway.

PS. i also like sonic the hedgehog and laugh at fart jokes. does that make me less of a woman? :laugh:

but this reminds me of something : some women are very quick to tear down other women who they feel threatened by for whatever reason. i'm sure guys do it as well. but usually the "real women don't..." crowd are people who are compensating for other issues. in this case my theory is that it's from a few Skippers hating on Barbie :laugh:
  • slap1225
    Options
    Daisy is one of the most amazing "real" women I have ever met. I love her beauty, charisma and attitude towards life. Don't particularly like the men she chooses to date but I do love that she is stubborn enough to not even listen to her BFF :D. I mean honestly how many women do you know that enter spitting contests & win? I know 1 and love her to pieces... why because she does what she wants to do, when she wants to do it...and doesn’t give a rats *kitten* what anyone else thinks, So add makeup? HELL NO! Be yourself and be picky. <3’s to you DAISY!
    oh BTW Daisy would never stoop so low as to do something for a man. She wont even wear colors! and why... it just isn't her :D
  • slap1225
    Options

i just dont tell people or wear HK watches but i do have a hello kitty makeup bag. i dare anyone to tell me in my face that i'm not a woman because i have a HK makeup bag, but i seriously doubt most of the people making differentiations between what women vs girls do are man/woman enough for direct confrontation anyway.

PS. i also like sonic the hedgehog and laugh at fart jokes. does that make me less of a woman? :laugh:

but this reminds me of something : some women are very quick to tear down other women who they feel threatened by for whatever reason. i'm sure guys do it as well. but usually the "real women don't..." crowd are people who are compensating for other issues. in this case my theory is that it's from a few Skippers hating on Barbie :laugh:

the real question is do you wear Hello Kitty in public? or are you a closet Hello Kitty lover? ;)
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Why again exactly is it a crime to do something for a man?
    Last time I checked lots of women don't wear thongs, shave/wax their lower regions, buy lingerie and wear high heels for their own comfort and enjoyment alone.
    Sure you can say that you only do those things for yourself (if you do them at all), but there really is no crime in also doing things for the enjoyment or appreciation of others.

As for this "real woman" bs...and debating who is and isn't...
    Do you have female reproductive organs and have you gone through puberty?
    Congratulations, you are a real woman.
    Now define all the rest of it exactly how you want to.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

the real question is do you wear Hello Kitty in public? or are you a closet Hello Kitty lover? ;)

somewhere in between. i guess i dont see the point in people hiding things they like because they are afraid of being judged poorly by others.

i mean as long as it's not an actual kitten head with a leather strap stapled to the sides of its head and the the numbers 1-12 stitched into its face who gives a fkcu about someone wearing a hello kitty watch? :laugh: i mean for real there are far more important things going on in the world than to give a crap and make speculations about what someone else is wearing.
    Last time I checked lots of women don't wear thongs, shave/wax their lower regions, buy lingerie and wear high heels for their own comfort and enjoyment alone.
    Sure you can say that you only do those things for yourself (if you do them at all), but there really is no crime in also doing things for the enjoyment or appreciation of others.

i agree with this. as an example, i've dated a few guys who liked it when i worn matching bra and panty sets. not really an issue for me either way as long as it's clean and fits right, but hey, if my beau is going to get a kick out of it then why not comply every now and then?
    besides that i've found that guys tend reward you greatly for stuff like that. doing hat little things like that usually leads to 10 killed bugs, every piece of furniture put together well, your flat screen TV properly installed on the wall, etc :laugh:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

:heart:
    Thank you. I was reading the topic, and I was wondering if these people were for real... (pun intended)
    And every time you were saving the day with your answer!
    . If guys preferred "real" women there wouldn't be so many fake ones. It's called supply and demand.
    i disagree with this.
    straight guys like women. women still have the power to be the main deciders about when sex will happen in a relationship.
    guys go with the flow with female trends because they are more interested in the end result.
    Maybe (maybe!) women are the main deciders about when sex happen in a relationship (although I know for a fact the sex drive of some women is actually very high, higher than their male partners often - in which case the man would hardly be the limiting factor!) but men in this view are then the main deciders about the "continuation of the relationship" itself.
    So a woman can afford to refuse to comply (and use sex as a lever) a certain number of times before the relationship ends.

More importantly, has anyone on this forum ever cared for someone or even loved someone?
    Yes, you can sometimes do things for other people and even find some pleasure and enjoyment in it (sacrilege!).
    Actually I can't even believe we are discussing this...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

this is why I like you ... I agree And there is no way I wear heels for my own comfort I wear them cause they make my *kitten* look even more awesome :glasses:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    this is why I like you ... I agree And there is no way I wear heels for my own comfort I wear them cause they make my *kitten* look even more awesome :glasses:
    :love: :drinker:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    The majority of my time I am makeup free because I don't really need it (I have dark eyes, eyelashes, lips and very white usually blemish free skin), all I do to my hair is some mouse or maybe agian oil and defuse it (thats the good thing about having curly hair). I am usually in jeans and flats. This doesn't make me any more real then a girl that does her make up everyday (I feel sorry for most blondes), spends an hour on her hair, and puts on a dress and heels. I really just don't have the time to do it every day unless I got up at 4:30 am, but when I do it is a confidence booster. I am way more out going when I have the time to put makeup on, blow out my hair, and find a cute dress and heels. It is kind of a suit of armor that some women wear, some do not need it.