How much do you pay in Gym Membership?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ellend17
    Options

bodyweight training at home? :D Cheap, and you can do it any time :P

That's what I do at the moment, but would love the variety and expertise of a gym - i'm just not sure I can justify the cost, as much as I would love to! :(
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

bodyweight training at home? :D Cheap, and you can do it any time :P

That's what I do at the moment, but would love the variety and expertise of a gym - i'm just not sure I can justify the cost, as much as I would love to! :(

well, not sure where do you live, but pure gym is a cheap gym which has the necessary stuff. ( Weights/ CD machines) . But bodyweight training is always good and cheap :)
  • KentWhiteRabbit
    KentWhiteRabbit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, just the treadmill at home, but my husband does. He pays £15.99 at The Gym Group and can use any of the gyms in the chain (they have 38, with about 20 more opening soon). As he works away and moves job/location every 3-6 months that suits him fine. He used the one in our home town as well as Edinburgh and 2 London ones so far and they all have plenty of equipment, all fairly new, clean and functional showers and friendly staff.
  • 3wdl
    3wdl Posts: 45
    Options
    Yikes. I pay £75 a month for Virgin Active - it's a lot of money but there are not many gyms in central London with a pool and means I can go to any of them over the country, which helps as I travel a bit with work...

So far this month I've been over 15 times though - so it's less than £5 a visit and the classes are free when I start giving them a go..
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Nothing!!!

I love the company I work for, a fully staffed free gym is one of the perks. I have free PT and physio too.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have 2 gyms.

One is free - its Nuffield and its in my building at work!

The second is a Fitness First near where I live and thats £34pm. I joined because the free weights section at my work gym is practically non-existant.

I use the free gym mostly for lunch time classes and then go to the one near home in the evenings for more intensive workouts.

I use FF 6 times a week so I definitely get my monies worth!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I pay £200 a year for a local gym. It has two floors of equipment and all classes are free.

I can in as often as I like and its open between 6.30 am and 9 pm.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Used to used Virgin Active in Ealing Broadway but when I moved back to Nottingham I found the "atmosphere" to be completely different.

I now go to Nuffield Health for £51 a month (NHS staff discount) who provide me with access to a GP and full medical tests in their "body MOT" every 3 months including blood tests etc.
  • apollard727
    Options
    I use a local gym that is a ladies only gym so i feel comfortable. Doesnt have a pool but has a sauna and great equipment choice. I only pay £13 p/m and get a free massage every month! I also receive 15% discount on the hair salon and 10% of all beauty treatments next door!

I used to go to a Bannatynes gym and paid £36 p/m but i had to travel through the town, it wasnt a five minute drive away like the gym I'm at now :)
  • Andy__Dane
    Andy__Dane Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    £46 a month at Nuffield in Norwich
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a member of Kiss Gyms (countrywide) and they charge £16.99 per month via DD and that includes all machines and classes, I think the only extra you have to pay is for the Boot Class Camp.

At the moment I am on a break from the gym, and to keep my membership going the payments have been reduced to £5.00 per month for 3 months. They will start again on January 3rd 2014, by then I will really need it :smile:
  • maffff
    maffff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Used to be fitness first, £40 a month, roughly.

Moved to Egham, no decent gyms nearby. One in Staines was over £60 a month, fuqdat.

So I bit the bullet and joined the one at work. £12.50 a month.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Im at a local place thats part of the Hilton hotel in Chester - its really nice, I was with David Lloyd before that

I pay £43 per month and that includes 20% off beauty treatment they do as well x