New Year... new 30DS cycle: Valentine's 30DS

13»

Replies

• phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    You brave woman! How was level 3 compared with level 2? I'm pretty scared of the thought of starting it as there was such a big jump from level 1 to level 2. I plan on starting insanity when i've finished 30 day shred too!
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Oh wicked!

I did consider Jillians body revolution but it goes for 3 months it its 2 workouts a day. Can't really fit that in being a mum to 3 and 1 step-daughter.

Level 3...I hate it! haha. Level 2 is nothing compared to level 3 but that could just be me and how unfit I am. It's more my muscles burn rather than being puffed and sweaty like level 2. Thank god I've only got 8 more workouts to go :)
  • phreekles
    Oh no! I was hoping level 3 would somehow be easier - I don't know what I was thinking! Are you gonna start insanity straight after or have a few rest days in between? Also, have you been keeping measurements before and after 30 day shred? I plan on posting my measurements when I've finished level 3 but that won't be for a long time yet as I've still got 4 more workouts of level 2 left!
  • madisons_mummy
    Oh cool! Nah I didn't take measurements. I didn't want to know how fat I was haha. I did take them the other day though. I also did take a pic about 5-7 days into the 30DS.

I'll be starting Insanity next Monday so no rest days. At least with insanity I'll get Sundays off :D

I feel like my thighs are getting bigger with the weights I'm doing :(
  • phreekles
    As long as you've got something to compare your before and after to then that always helps with motivation! Photos are really good, I was looking at photos taken of me from my bro's wedding last month and I could physically see I have lost weight whereas when I look in the mirror I can't really notice it - very weird!

Your thighs are probably feeling a lot stronger - I find up to a few hours after I workout my thighs feel like steel and look bigger as does my tummy but the next morning everything looks slimmer. Might just be muscle swelling straight after working out.

That is really good of you starting insanity straight away - I planned on having a few rest days in between the end of 30 day shred and insanity and thats the only thing getting me through finishing 30 day shred now! haha.
  • madisons_mummy
    Hahaha, are you on level 3 yet?

Yeah I'm sure I'm building muscle under the fat but the fat isn't shifting, therefore my thighs are feeling bigger :(

My finger tat has halted my 30DS workouts (swollen, tender and just gross lol) but I'm still doing my weights. Rather have rest tome then scew up my permanent tat!

I'll still be starting insanity on Monday though, hopefully I would've had enough rest by then :)
  • phreekles
    Ouch - I don't think I'd be brave enough to get a tattoo - having Jillian kick my *kitten* is pain enough! lol.

I'm about to finished level 2 today and will be starting level 3 tomorrow (i've had soo many rest days its a bit embarrasing) but i'm determined to finish it now. Just took my measurements today and I've lost about an inch on arms, chest, waist, lovehandles, hips, but have put on an inch on my thighs so I can totally agree that 30 day shred improves thigh muscles the most! even so, I went shopping today purely to try on different jean sizes and I can now comfortably fit into UK size 10 jeans whereas I'm usually a size 12-14!

I've also chickened out of doing insanity now because Jillian's grown on me so I'm gonna try her Ripped in 30 days first and see how that goes! Good luck with starting insanity and hope your tattoo heals in time :)
  • madisons_mummy
    Oh wow that is awesome!! I've prob dropped a dress size I think. I can fit jeans comfortably where as before my fat would be hanging over the top and I'd have to wear them higher to hold it in hahahah. I've got some pics but I can only notice a tiny change. I'll see if I can upload it on here
  • madisons_mummy
    23kptnm.png
  • madisons_mummy
    Ooops the back pic didn't show up. It's not very impressive anyway lol. Tops is before and bottom after. And I took the befores, I think 5-7 days into 30DS. I was also lifting weights still am)
  • phreekles
    Wow I can see a big difference! You've definitely lost weight and toned up your legs and tummy. When you look in the mirror everyday it's hard to notice but trying on smaller jeans/clothes makes you really notice the difference and keeps you motivated - you should be feeling really proud of yourself! Before you start insanity you should definitely take your measurements and then recheck them every two weeks or so and you'll notice inches lost too then. Keep going cos your hard work is really paying off! :)
  • madisons_mummy
    Aw thanks phreekles! :)

Still haven't taken measurements (god I'm slack lol) will do that tomorrow morning. Can't weigh as the scales are broken (kids keep playing on them). Did first insanity workout. OMG. Its hard but you get a lot of rests and quite fun. The part that gets me is doing 4 push-ups quickly, I can' only just barely do them, no way I can do them in quick concession.

You are doing very well! :):drinker:

We almost have the same measurements.

My arms and thighs are bigger everything else is the same :P oh and I'm 5ft 9" and I'm 159.5lbs
  • phreekles
    Way to go! You must be pretty happy with your results! Oh insanity is a killer! Three days into it my whole body was in so much pain I could barely walk which is what made me look into picking up my fitness levels with 30 day shred first! lol. I would def recommend using tiger balm on achy muscles after workouts - its the only thing that helped!
  • madisons_mummy
    Ah ok so you've already tried it. My muscles seem ok (for now lol) but I'm feeling exhausted and tired. Doesn't help that I'm majorly stressed out with us maybe moving town and buying our first home. Got a stupid cold sore pop up the other day and other weird womanly stuff going on. Got to get past that though and not use it as an excuse :)

I can't remember if you said, did you take some before pics? so we can expect to see some afters? :P
  • phreekles
    Oh gosh - sounds pretty stressful for you at the moment! I always find I'm much more relaxed and happy after working out. The endorphins really dothe trick! I took some pictures before I started 30 day shred and I will take some after I've finished (got 9 more days left, I need to stop taking rest days). I'll put them on here when I've taken them.
  • madisons_mummy
    Awesome! Looking forward to seeing them :)

I wonder what happened to everyone else?

I'm knackered after working out and feel like sleeping lol. Obviously can't as I have kids but if I could I so would hah.

Pretty proud of how my weight lifting is going :)