*NEW TEAM DAFFODIL (JuneJulyAug 2013 Brides :)

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Girls- I'm right there with you. I'm so stressed right now with the custody situation with my ex husband that I can't devote the time I would need ot the new 6 week challenge. I won't get that much exercise in and it's going to be sporadic. I was all in and ready to do it but I just can't.

Maybe we can have a daffodil challenge until all of our weddings are over? I dont want to step on Elizabeth's toes because she has done an amazing job with this one- but I need to take a step back and be realistic instead of optomistic on what I can accomplish. If you guys would help me come up with challenges- I could probably help run it.
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well i decided to stick with this new 6 week challenge!! Just need to focus on logging in more and I think having a board where I can express how I feel and associate with others will help that!! I already plan my meals so they might not be as complete as some but I will provide my meal plans. I already do about what the moderate level is as cardio and strenght training so i'm gonna stick with that because well I jsut don't have the time to do the high intensity one. Nor would I want to because I know I wouldn't be able to maintain it after the wedding and that's my main goal.. is every thing I do for this weight loss, is something that I can easily maintain. I'm doing it for the long run.. not just for that wedding dress.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Best of luck! I think I am friends with most of the regulars on MFP so I'm going to be excited to hear of how it's going for you!
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Girls- I'm right there with you. I'm so stressed right now with the custody situation with my ex husband that I can't devote the time I would need ot the new 6 week challenge. I won't get that much exercise in and it's going to be sporadic. I was all in and ready to do it but I just can't.

Maybe we can have a daffodil challenge until all of our weddings are over? I dont want to step on Elizabeth's toes because she has done an amazing job with this one- but I need to take a step back and be realistic instead of optomistic on what I can accomplish. If you guys would help me come up with challenges- I could probably help run it.

LOL- you know I rarely go into the message boards anymore, but I happened to check this one today.

I appreciate you all worrying about my toes, but they are fine. In fact, they are better than fine since they are supporting much less weight than they were 24lbs ago when we started!! I am SO excited that the Daffodils might go on doing their own thing because that's what might work best for some of you!

I think one of the BEST things about MFP is the ability for anyone to start a discussion or a group - regardless of size - to help similarly situated people accomplish their goals. Melissa is right that it can be a lot of work, but it has definitely been worth it in terms of the motivation it provided me during the first 12 weeks. At this point, though, I am getting very pressed for time and I wanted to be sure that the things that were getting most of my time - worked to for me. Essentially, the ends have to justify the means because time is so tight. What I realized at about Week 8 is that the format we're wrapping up now is not longer pushing me as hard as I personally need to be pushed. For the group challenge to be worth the hours and hours I spend on it each week, I have to be motivated and accountable to reach my target by May 6 (under 150 pounds - or a 13 pound loss from this morning's unofficial weigh in). If I don't feel motivated and accountable to get there, I decided I should just end the group and focus on getting ready for the wedding and fulfilling my day-to-day responsibilities at work and home and church and volunteering. I only lost ~2 pounds in the month of March, so you can see that I really needed a change.

So, yes - the change is for me and others who need the same level of motivation and accountability to refocus on their goals. I am sad that we won't all be moving on together, but I understand that we all have different goals and needs and that this isn't what's best for some of us. I hope that one of you does start a group to fit what you need because I believe it will help you reach your goals!! Good luck to you all and I promise I'm not going to check on your board any more... :)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    LOL I don't mind if you check. I wish I could do the 6 week because I need strict and regimented, but I just have so much going on that I really think I would be setting myself up for failure. And while I can fail and get back up--I'm not going to set myself up for failure with the situations going on now because I can see that leading to feeling pretty down in the dumps.

Today is my official weigh in for the contest with my Mom. I lost 3.6lbs from last week but last week was the end of TOM so I'm sure that is what it was that kept me bloated. I'm going to my Mom's for Easter and she's dieting to so it should be fairly easy to stay on track. I can't believe it's only 4 months and 2 weeks until my wedding- time is flying!
  • kikiallain
    Options
    Where is everyone?? I feel like this group has just gone quiet! I have no clue when and to who to report in... it's making me sad!! hahah! I want my team daffodils again!!
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ha! i knwo what you mean. I have been reporting to Lawyerette for now.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    We only had 4-5 girls (including me) weigh in this past week for our final week. I think most jumped ship..LOL.

I'm not participating in the new challenge so once we have the results and all that, I'll be off too. I think maybe Elizabeth is going to create a new thread since there are probably only a few frome ach group participating? I'm not completely sure.

Best of luck with the new challenge tho!
  • bbtano
    bbtano Posts: 42
    Options
    It's too bad they didn't stick around and finish, esp since the last challenge was just to report on time! LOL We could've raked in some extra points!
    Oh well.....it was fun while it lasted! Good luck to those of you continuing on with the new challenge!
  • kikiallain
    Options
    I miss the challenge.. there's nothing going on anymore!!
  • bbtano
    Options
    I've been looking for the results from our last week (Week 12) and final team and individual standings, but I can't find them anywhere. Did Elizabeth put them in with an existing thread instead of starting a new one?
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Daffodils-

Thanks for your patience. Work has been nuts at 18 hours a day for a couple weeks. Here are your Team Results. Overall results will post when I finish the teams :)

Anyhow, congrats to you all. Your team lost a total of 141.6 lbs for 14 brides. That's great!

Your clear team winner is Melissa with (wow!) 34lbs (and 12.06%) lost over 12 weeks.

Kellie and Crystal lost around 7.75 and 7.29% respectively. Also an amazing effort.

The rest of your rankings are below.

Looking forward to continuing with some of you with the rest of the 6 week challenge and to catching up with some of you when I get back from my honeymoon in June and I start the next challenge (different format again... less scale focussed, more healthy focussed). In the meantime, keep in touch!

Daffodils (12/14)
    1. bbtano (Melissa) -34.00 -12.06%
    2. mina10v3 (Kellie) -18.60 -7.75%
    3. crystalina888 (Crystal) -13.70 -7.29%
    4. amara15 (Paige) -8.00 -6.15%
    5. kikiallain (Christine) -9.60 -5.35%
    6. Wimbledongal (Kate) -10.00 -4.90%
    7. Julie_emma1 (Julie) -6.00 -4.65%
    8. kelly_gelinas (Kelly) -9.00 -4.59%
    9. ceciljacobs (Cecilia) -6.70 -3.99%
    10. minkyrunner (Carolyn) -5.00 -3.85%
    11. Methinksabout (Meike) -8.00 -3.43%
    12. Drkchyld (Antenette) -10.00 -3.39%
    13. Tandksmommy11 (Amy) -6.60 -3.10%
    14. kluginbill1 (Kelsey) 3.40 2.38%
  • bbtano
    Options
    Thanks for the results Elizabeth and thanks to all the Daffodils for support and encouragement. Good luck to those participating in the 6 week challenge. I hope it's going well for you all!
  • julie_emma1
    julie_emma1 Posts: 146
    Options
    Hello Daffodils!

It's getting closer to our summer weddings and I'm wondering if you would be interested in re-starting up another weight-loss challenge to keep us motivated for the next couple of months? I was thinking of something simple like the first one we did, with weekly weigh-ins? The second challenge had too many rules - I was intimidated haha! Anyone else interested?

:)

Julie
  • Drkchyld
    Drkchyld Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i'm interested just wanna lose these last 10 lbs.
  • ElvisBaby88
    ElvisBaby88 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I would totally join you! sending requests!