Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Woman should make the first move?

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    I agree. And, personal preference. I can't imagine being at work all day while he's out playing. I'd like all aspects of the relationship to be even.

This is not reality, this is not life.

The rich get to enjoy life more than someone who isn't that is reality.

Demonizing someone for their success is pointless. If someone has earned their way and now uses their money to sustain themselves in a responsible manner, he has accomplished more than the majority of the population.

Building a good amount of wealth takes discipline, as far as im concerned if someone has earned their wealth they are not forced to work any longer.

You can demand "fairness" in the game of life all you want, but that is simply unrealistic. I am actually slightly appalled the amount of jealousy in this thread.

Also to note: I know someone is going to say "WAIL WUT IF THEY ENHARITED THEIR WELF, THEN THAT IS SO UNFAREEEE!"

Welcome to life, where things are not fair. I don't think people should judge those individuals either.

Zach, while I agree with a majority of your message, there's a better way to get it across. :wink:
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Also, have any women on here ever dated a very wealthy man?

Granted there are many different types of rich guys, but nearly every one I've ever met are are less tolerant of a woman's BS than guys on here are. If you think DM and I are picky about a women's waist, bust, and grooming standards.. a rich guys expectation are that times a million. They're alpha, want to be in charge, and expect you to fall in line with their lifestyle.

Judging from the personalities on here and the wealthy people I've met in real life.. it would be an absolute disaster if both parties ever met in person.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    There are different ways to get money. Ok, so you won the lottery. Lucky creature. Hope you'll at least use some of it to make the world better, but it's your choice.

Okay, you're a small business owner who worked 80 hours a week alongside your well-compensated employees and now you're retiring early. Good for you!

Oh, you inherited money from daddy and mommy, bought a business, outsourced all the jobs so you could earn money off oppressed workers in sweat shops then invested in their own resources through a corrupt government so you can sell those resources (like land, food, and water) back to them at a profit. And you're proud of yourself? You're scum, you're a parasite sucking your wealth from the misery of others, and I wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire.

So yeah, depends on how someone gets their money as to how I'm going to feel about that person. Also, even though people aren't required to do good things on this Earth with their money, I don't see why I would date someone so callous as to have all he needs and then some and not at least give something back. Seems a bit sociopathic to me. And not coincidentally, 1/3 of all CEOs in the US are sociopaths.
  • TheKitsune6
    So yeah, depends on how someone gets their money as to how I'm going to feel about that person. Also, even though people aren't required to do good things on this Earth with their money, I don't see why I would date someone so callous as to have all he needs and then some and not at least give something back. Seems a bit sociopathic to me. And not coincidentally, 1/3 of all CEOs in the US are sociopaths.

Okay, but you're judging an entire group of people based on a minority amount simply because they make money. If your knee jerk reaction is to assume someone is a monster that takes advantage of other people and doesn't care about anyone else because they're rich, isn't that making a snap judgment based on a preconceived notion because of an exception rather than the rule?

You're reacting very vehemently to a hypothetical situation. Why is that?

Edited: A hypothetical situation that isn't incendiary by nature.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    woman's BS

Sigh...
  • MaraDiaz

Okay, but you're judging an entire group of people based on a minority amount simply because they make money. If your knee jerk reaction is to assume someone is a monster that takes advantage of other people and doesn't care about anyone else because they're rich, isn't that making a snap judgment based on a preconceived notion because of an exception rather than the rule?

That isn't my assumption about all successful people. I have hard working, successful small business owners in my family. That is totally different from the kind of people I'm knocking. And among the very wealthy that 'hypothetical situation' is quite common.

And hey, if a trust fund guy wants to date me, I'll give him a hearing about how he turns his money into more money and what he's doing or not doing to make the world a better place for his fellow human beings. But there are some business practices I simply wouldn't tolerate no matter how 'nice' the person seems in his 'personal life'. And there is nothing wrong with that.
  • TheKitsune6

That isn't my assumption about all successful people. I have hard working, successful small business owners in my family. That is totally different from the kind of people I'm knocking. And among the very wealthy that 'hypothetical situation' is quite common.

And hey, if a trust fund guy wants to date me, I'll give him a hearing about how he turns his money into more money and what he's doing or not doing to make the world a better place for his fellow human beings. But there are some business practices I simply wouldn't tolerate no matter how 'nice' the person seems in his 'personal life'. And there is nothing wrong with that.

I agree with the last part - a ****ty person is a ****ty person is a ****ty person. But look at the first part of your second paragraph. You'll give him "a hearing". Is that how you see all dating? Or just wealthy people? Because either way, that's a very harsh perspective to take.
  • MaraDiaz

I agree with the last part - a ****ty person is a ****ty person is a ****ty person. But look at the first part of your second paragraph. You'll give him "a hearing". Is that how you see all dating? Or just wealthy people? Because either way, that's a very harsh perspective to take.

Haha I didn't mean it to sound so harsh, but if I decide to go out and seek a life partner I will be quite critical and serious no matter who the 'applicant' is. And I'm so sure hundreds are eager to line up for my selection, too! :laugh:

The thing is, I have friends I don't hang out with anymore because although I love them dearly they are right-wingers I am a leftist and politics is very important to me.

We literally cannot discuss anything because we literally see the world completely differently. I never want to look at a man and think, 'wow, I'm planning on spending my life with this person, and we can't see eye to eye on one of the most important subjects in my life'. No thanks, no way. That one just isn't negotiable.
  • TheKitsune6
    Haha I didn't mean it to sound so harsh, but if I decide to go out and seek a life partner I will be quite critical and serious no matter who the 'applicant' is. And I'm so sure hundreds are eager to line up for my selection, too! :laugh:

The thing is, I have friends I don't hang out with anymore because although I love them dearly they are right-wingers I am a leftist and politics is very important to me.

We literally cannot discuss anything because we literally see the world completely differently. I never want to look at a man and think, 'wow, I'm planning on spending my life with this person, and we can't see eye to eye on one of the most important subjects in my life'. No thanks, no way. That one just isn't negotiable.

LOL, well if it works for you then that's awesome! Me being from San Diego, if I only associated with people that agreed with my politics I would have very few friends indeed! I used to be a lot more particular back in the day but now I just figure as long as the person has a good heart and isn't stupid I don't really care what side of the spectrum they're on.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    I don't exclude wealthy people, depends on how they made their wealth. I'd like not to have to worry about how the bills will be paid, but over and above that, I'm not bothered what someone earns or has. I've lived enough of the life of the rich to know it's not a panacea. I spent my teenage years on a caribbean island with very wealthy friends. An idylic lifesyle, but it was exceptionally shallow and the many of the people were deeply unhappy. I was very lucky to have the best of both worlds and the balance of young, idealistic, politicised parents who showed me other lifestyles and values. I'm not saying all the super rich are like this, it may have been an unrepresentative sample. There were similarities to another very wealthy community I visited in Kenya, I'm sure cultural factors played a part in the collective malaise too.
  • MaraDiaz

LOL, well if it works for you then that's awesome! Me being from San Diego, if I only associated with people that agreed with my politics I would have very few friends indeed! I used to be a lot more particular back in the day but now I just figure as long as the person has a good heart and isn't stupid I don't really care what side of the spectrum they're on.

I used to be more open to dating and hanging out with people who don't share my political views. Then one of the nicest, smartest friends I had tried to justify taking resources from other countries because 'they aren't ready yet to use those resources properly'.

That is basically the same argument used to justify colonialism and genocide for hundreds of years and it made me lose a lot of respect for this person. I don't think I've seen him since and have no desire to. It's possible to be a generally smart, good, compassionate human and have some areas of willful ignorance.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member

This is how i feel. My co-worker, on the other hand, is very passionate about her politics. She is very liberal/pro democrat and HATES that her only daughter, is married to someone who votes republican.
  • TheKitsune6

This is how i feel. My co-worker, on the other hand, is very passionate about her politics. She is very liberal/pro democrat and HATES that her only daughter, is married to someone who votes republican.

It seems like such an easy way to avoid stress, if you just don't worry about those sorts of things! Like I stopped caring about parking spots, I don't NEED to get one close and will park further away and it's just... better.

I used to be more open to dating and hanging out with people who don't share my political views. Then one of the nicest, smartest friends I had tried to justify taking resources from other countries because 'they aren't ready yet to use those resources properly'.

That's not smart or kind. Though with that person I wouldn't drop the friendship, I just wouldn't talk politics.
  • MaraDiaz
    That's not smart or kind. Though with that person I wouldn't drop the friendship, I just wouldn't talk politics.

Might as well ask me not to breathe! :laugh:
  • TheKitsune6

Might as well ask me not to breathe! :laugh:

HAHAHAHA! Fair enough!
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    I would like to qualify my "fair" statement that much of the resulting thread ran with.

If the tables were turned..would I honestly ever stay home every day working on my investments (ie. not doing much), while my husband/common law went out and did full time work?

Never.

Now if we were dating, or it was a new relationship, that would be different. But for me..I would rather have both of us work part time than for him to work full time while I stayed home - unless this was something he wanted.

The original set up kinda made man #1 sound like a cheap slacker..who even though he had money and time..didn't do anything with it.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Granted there are many different types of rich guys, but nearly every one I've ever met are are less tolerant of a woman's BS than guys on here are. If you think DM and I are picky about a women's waist, bust, and grooming standards.. a rich guys expectation are that times a million.

Finding your soul mate seems reduced to picking a winning collie at the dog show: well groomed, good teeth, and a shiny coat if you want to take home first prize.

--P
  • TheKitsune6
    I would like to qualify my "fair" statement that much of the resulting thread ran with.

If the tables were turned..would I honestly ever stay home every day working on my investments (ie. not doing much), while my husband/common law went out and did full time work?

Never.

Ah, yes, that makes a lot more sense. If I had enough money to support myself, I would also take into consideration a partner. It is an imbalance to expect the partner to bring in their "fair share" of the bills when both could be comfortable supported otherwise. But yes, that is more about marriage than dating.
  • TheKitsune6
    Granted there are many different types of rich guys, but nearly every one I've ever met are are less tolerant of a woman's BS than guys on here are. If you think DM and I are picky about a women's waist, bust, and grooming standards.. a rich guys expectation are that times a million.

Finding your soul mate seems reduced to picking a winning collie at the dog show: well groomed, good teeth, and a shiny coat if you want to take home first prize.

--P

The b*tch is also best utilized for breeding premiere offspring so they can be sold off for a decent price as well.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Also, have any women on here ever dated a very wealthy man?

Amisnercpa, the guy who brought me to MFP and this forum, was quite wealthy. The first guy I dated upon becoming single (often referred to here as "my best guy friend" in posts I wrote before BB came along) is also quite wealthy. However, you wouldn't know it to look at them, because they manage their money well and aren't flashy. I make good money, but learning the finances of these two guys literally made me puke - that's how much they made.

When you look at the women they ended up with they are both very pretty, without makeup they are nothing super special. They both have figure flaws and wrinkles and things that would exasperate some of the guys here. Both of these men routinely dated the young hotties (even in their late 40s!!) but when it came time to settle down, both wanted a woman who connected on a deeper level than just the superficial.