Galvestongal & ChocFiend - trying to lose the last 24lbs

Options

Replies

• ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    well what a difference a week makes this time last week i was 173.8 and today i was 178.6!!!!! so i don't know what tomorrow will bring - potentially a 5lb gain. cant believe how focused i was last weekend and how different i am this week ................
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    We all have those weeks. My motivation is wearing thin as well...I have had a deficit every single day and still weigh the same...very frustrating...
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    hey girl, how come your ticker has gone up to 36lbs. have you changed your goal?

I'm not eating well I know its to do with work. im really busy and just reaching for the easiest foods, and reaching for the high in sugar snacks which isn;'t good

hoping to do some exercsie tonight
  • galvestongal
    Options
    Yeah I played around and changed some stuff..probably end up changing it back. i am getting a little frustrated lately and my lack of progress so haven't been eating well myself. Got to regain focus...
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    yes me too. i am now 6lb higher than i was at 1st jan
    so completely going in wrong direction :-(
  • galvestongal
    Options
    I have developed a defeatus attitude the last couple days and have not eaten appropriately. Today is somewhat back on track. But today is my day off of work and after a full day of JUNK yesterday I really felt nasty this morning. All I wanted to do is sit and eat. I talked myself out of working out this morning and started foraging for muchies. About lunch time I figured this is not going to work for today and went ahead and dressed and went to the barn and spent some time with my boys. That helped for a bit but now I am back home and feeling munchy again. I think TOM must be inimently approaching...GRRR all I want is junk junk and more JUNK. I have to stay strong! Especially cause next week is vacation and I wanna be deflated some.
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    hey!
    hows things going for you? I know what you mean about the defeatist attitude, i am really struggling at the moment. I jumped on the scale this morning and it said180.8!!!!! thats 8.8lb more than what i was on 1st jan. I think the fact im heavier than I was at new year isn't helping with my motivation. you always think that new year is the time to kick start and lose some weight yet ive done the opposite. i know what i should and shouldn't be eating - its like im self sabotaging all the time.

I need to set realistic targets for myself that aren't neccessarily scale number based too.

hope youre having a better time than me xx
  • galvestongal
    Options
    I am still at the 167, been sitting at it a while now. I have been self-sabotaging too I think....You know...The "It won't hurt to have a few of these it won't put me that much more over" stuff. I have been trying to stay positive and keep working out. I have been trying to pre-enter meals but then my husband sabotages me by having a different supper than I had planned ready when i get home. He does not understand why I want to lose weight nor does he want me to and makes it a point to sabotage every chance he gets. He likes being fat and out of shape and I do not. Next week is vacation, I had hoped to lose some before then...but oh well...
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    i'm in the situation where OH doesn't need to lose any weight and also has a manual job so can get away with eating big portions. constantly thinks i dont eat but I eat the majority of my meals when im at work
  • galvestongal
    Options
    It is really hard when they stand there trying to shove food down your throat all the time...but then if i eat a cookie there is always a smartass remark like dieters dont eat those....GRRR
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    yes i know exactly what you mean.

I havent weighed this morning im trying to wait until thursday. just having my porridge for breakfast before i go get the train to work , urrggh dont want to go.
  • galvestongal
    Options
    Well...I am back from vacation. Boy am I feeling it too. Ate absolutley nothing healthy and made no effort to exercise. I feel like a slob and do I dare to step on the scale??? I have to go buy a few groceries so i can get back to the grind and try to repair this damage I have done...grrr....
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    hi there. did you have a good trip? i just got home after one night away from home. i'll weigh tomorrow and write you a bit more. ssooo tired right now
  • galvestongal
    Options
    The trip was good. I miss the coast so much and wish we could move back so badly. Maybe one of these days...

I feel really sluggish because of eating bad last week and not exercising. So I will start back to it today and see if i can get back on track. I hope to start back to running again soon too...just depends on how time and daylight falls though.
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    hey how are you? my weight has been around 178 and dropped to 175.8 this morning. i just need to get back to 172 and i'll be much happier. trying to eat more fruit and veg this week
  • galvestongal
    Options
    Doing good I supposed. How about you? Just trying to get a hold on my eating and trying to find motivation to exercise. Today was my day off work and I have not had motivation to do anything lol.
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    hey there, FINALLY ive had chance to sit down and make the time to write a proper reply to you. ive ben organising the OH's 40th birthday, which is tomorrow night - all around work and the horse, and trying to do it without him finding out. its all coming together, 92 cupckaes baked and decorated this morning, the main cake has arrived and is in hiding. now ive just got to fill the baloons with helium and decorate the pub that we are holding it in, which i will do tomorrow. phewwww

in terms of my outfit i did have a georgious plum dress to wear but the long and short of it is, is that im just too fat. my aim was to be 165 and im 12lb more thaan that so it figures that its way too small for me to wear. im just going to wear jeans and a sparkly top and try to jazz it up with some sparkly jewerly. some friends have said wear it anyway, but im so conscious of my bum and thighs that i know i wont enjoy my self and will just wish i hadn't worn it for the whole night.

soooo the plan after tomorrow's party.....i have set myself a mini goal to lose about 5lb - that means by 7th April i want to be 172. i then want to lose another 5 and be 167 by 7th May and again by 7th June 162. june means bramham horse trails which i go to nearly every year and i really enjoy it, but sometimes its so hot i wish i had the confidnece to wear shorts and i don't so thats my motivation. hopefully by then te plum dress will fit properly as well.

hope you are well. you seem to be losing now yes? you were on a plateau for a while. hope you horses are well? im not riding mine atm as he has knocked his back leg and im just waiting for the lump to go down before i ride again.

xxx
  • galvestongal
    Options
    Wow sounds like you have a lot on your plate for sure! I haven't really been doing what I'd call losing...it is the gained vacation weight that is slowly coming back off. I really haven't been able to get my eating back in order enough to lose anything more. But I am at least keeping a small deficit or breaking even.

Stress at the barn is getting the best of me lately. The owner is one of those who thinks the world revolves around her and that she can do no wrong so passes the blame off to everyone else. This week has kinda been the straw that broke the camels back, so I am putting out ads for horse-related jobs and looking for another barn or pasture to rent.

The weather has gotten yucky for a few days here so I am not riding right now. As soon as it starts warming back up Cajun will start ground driving and Cinco has a CTR to get ready for on April 20th.

I thought I would start back running but the stress is eating me alive so I haven't felt like doing much of anything extra...

I know how you feel about wearing shorts lol. I love to wear shorts but as soon as I look in the mirror at my thighs I trade them out for jeans. It really makes me sick lol cause my friend at the barn can run around in a bikini top and short shorts and never think twice about it. Maybe one day...
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    party over! started at 4pm and got home at 4am! 177.8 today. changing my ticker so my goal is 165 - just think it will make it seem more acheivable. then when i get to 165 i'll change my ticker again
  • galvestongal
    Options
    Sounds like a plan!...Thinking I may need to do that...hmmm...