Hello Singles....tell me about yourself....

Options
123457»

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Along with Crisco, Ladles, and Sugar...I have a strong aversion to Greyhound buses.

Oh Wow! Your Mum must have been mortified that her prediction came true........:laugh:

My Mum used to say when I stuck my tongue out that it would get stuck....out!

Happy to say it didnt :tongue:
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I was 12 years old, we used to take a greyhound bus to go see my grandmomma who lived an hour away. I had a habit of sticking my head out the window. Mom would always tell me that one day my head was going to stay stuck.

Sure enough, that day came. Slipped my head out and when attempting to put my head back in, my ears would block me from popping back in. My mom said I told you so. After letting me suffer for a few seconds (but what seemed like an eternity back then), she tried to slide the window wider. Nothing, no budge. An amused passenger jumped in to help....nothing. Words gets up to the driver, he pulls over...nothing. I'm stuck...like Winnie The Pooh.

I rode the rest of the way back to the terminal, where I waited until the maintenance folks got off their lunch break. A crowd formed...I felt like one of those people stuck in a mining hole that had collapsed. The entire window had to be taken off...appluase...cheering.

Along with Crisco, Ladles, and Sugar...I have a strong aversion to Greyhound buses.

Maybe Crisco could have helped with that window ;)

I probably would have jumped out the window!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Jeez! Kits & Jen, I'm sorry your Mother's were less than amazing! :flowerforyou:

I always try and refrain from using the word 'all' as generalising is stooopid! ! ! :embarassed: So, I should have said 'most' but specifically, meant SV's and mine.
    All(1) in all(2), do not use the word all(3) at all(4).

(1) Please read paragraph 7.3 alinea 4, paragraph 10.1;2;3;9;12 of the 147 pages disclaimer that regulates the use of the word all in forums and other public spaces located at the following address: http://www.disclaimer.com/word-all-uses-and-conventions/
    (2) Please read chapter 41 to 47 of the 147 pages disclaimer on the inclusions and exclusions of the word all in the context of locutions located at the following address: http://www.disclaimer.com/word-all-uses-and-conventions/
    (3) Please read tome III of the octalogy debating the use of the word all in the western europe, from middle age to the 21st century, located at the following address: http://www.all-about-all.com/octalogy/
    (4) Please read "the bible of all", a 803 pages text describing the traditional meaning and usage associated with the word all: http://www.bible-of-all-for-all.com/

My attorney told me to do this.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Jeez! Kits & Jen, I'm sorry your Mother's were less than amazing! :flowerforyou:

I always try and refrain from using the word 'all' as generalising is stooopid! ! ! :embarassed: So, I should have said 'most' but specifically, meant SV's and mine.

(1) Please read paragraph 7.3 alinea 4, paragraph 10.1;2;3;9;12 of the 147 pages disclaimer that regulates the use of the word all in forums and other public spaces located at the following address: http://www.disclaimer.com/word-all-uses-and-conventions/
    (2) Please read chapter 41 to 47 of the 147 pages disclaimer on the inclusions and exclusions of the word all in the context of locutions located at the following address: http://www.disclaimer.com/word-all-uses-and-conventions/
    (3) Please read tome III of the octalogy debating the use of the word all in the western europe, from middle age to the 21st century, located at the following address: http://www.all-about-all.com/octalogy/
    (4) Please read "the bible of all", a 803 pages text describing the traditional meaning and usage associated with the word all: http://www.bible-of-all-for-all.com/

Well. Consider me chastised. :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

:laugh: *kitten*! :wink:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I have to add something to my 'singles resume' since I'm so happy about it. I've recently started writing fiction again. I thought after all those novels, a few finished, most unfinished, not to mention short stories, a screenplay and some rather embarrassing poetry, that the spark and the hope was gone forever. But nope, I'm ready to get back in there and collect some more rejection letters from various editors and their slush pile sifting flunkies.

I guess it's yet another sign that I'm finally emerging from the black pit of despair I lived in for the past three or four years. Maybe this time...maybe.

Isn't hope a terrible and wonderful emotion?

Edit: I am fully aware that the status of starving artist with a tendency toward long-lasting writer's block doesn't exactly increase my value on the dating market, but oh well!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have to add something to my 'singles resume' since I'm so happy about it. I've recently started writing fiction again. I thought after all those novels, a few finished, most unfinished, not to mention short stories, a screenplay and some rather embarrassing poetry, that the spark and the hope was gone forever. But nope, I'm ready to get back in there and collect some more rejection letters from various editors and their slush pile sifting flunkies.

I guess it's yet another sign that I'm finally emerging from the black pit of despair I lived in for the past three or four years. Maybe this time...maybe.

Edit: I am fully aware that the status of starving artist with a tendency toward long-lasting writer's block doesn't exactly increase my value on the dating market, but oh well!

Neat. I want to eventually write a book someday (I know every dude on the block says this, don't get me wrong), I have a "story" i have been pondering for a few years.

What kind of fiction? Genre specific. Poetry I cannot necessarily get into, but I can appreciate other people's tastes! As far as the hope thing, I can relate. I feel that way now. I hope I can get my life on the track I want, but the uncertainty kills sometimes!
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Love this. Good for you. I was a fine arts major and haven't worked 8 or 9 years. Someday.... : )
  • MaraDiaz
    Options

Neat. I want to eventually write a book someday (I know every dude on the block says this, don't get me wrong), I have a "story" i have been pondering for a few years.

What kind of fiction? Genre specific. Poetry I cannot necessarily get into, but I can appreciate other people's tastes! As far as the hope thing, I can relate. I feel that way now. I hope I can get my life on the track I want, but the uncertainty kills sometimes!

I write quite a bit of science fiction. I've tried fantasy but after reading the Game of Thrones series I just have to bow to the master of the genre and humbly step out of the ring. Nothing I have ever written has even come close. Some of my short stories have been literary, but I swear I didn't do it on purpose.

Judging by your background you probably have some interesting stories to tell, too. I don't know if you've ever been to the writer's section of the book store, but there are some really good books that can help you get started and manage your writing time even if you don't have a whole lot of time to work with. I'm re-reading one I bought years ago called Immediate Fiction and I have a finished short story and a short story outline out of the first two exercises already. And there are countless other books for writers out there, too.

Admittedly they haven't done enough for me to make me a famous New York Times Bestselling author, but they've taken me from getting nothing but form rejection letters to once in awhile getting a personal letter from an editor trying to explain why a story doesn't quite work.
  • MaraDiaz
    Options

Love this. Good for you. I was a fine arts major and haven't worked 8 or 9 years. Someday.... : )

That's why they call us 'starving'. But it's worth chasing after what you love to do. I have known too many people making really good money who were really miserable in their jobs and their lives.