Where do you workout?

Options

Replies

• mikkiforsyth
    Options
    I LOVE THE CIRCUIT AT PLANET FITNESS! I also go to Plainfield.
  • g6author
    g6author Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm painfully shy so I work out at home. I just ordered Insanity. Can't wait to get it in the mail. I've lost a reasonable amount of weight now it's time to take it up a notch and strengthen up what's left ;)
  • g6author
    g6author Posts: 11
    Options
    Hola. What'd you think of P90X? I'm starting Insanity soon...can't wait. I suffer chronic headaches and migraines so I hope they don't interfere with my ambitious 60 day commitment.
  • ShannonB06
    ShannonB06 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hola. What'd you think of P90X? I'm starting Insanity soon...can't wait. I suffer chronic headaches and migraines so I hope they don't interfere with my ambitious 60 day commitment.

I love P90X! I am almost done with my first round, and I'm planning on doing a TurboFire/P90X hybrid next. Good luck with Insanity I've heard tons of good things about it!
  • LoveasaurusRex
    LoveasaurusRex Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    anytime fitness off thompson and emerson
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Southeastway Park or Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park or home.

I used to run at the Anytime Fitness on East Washington but got bored with treadmills. I miss the nice equipment and people watching.
  • jennismedberg9
    Options
    I joined the Gold's Gym at E. Washington and Shadeland on Saturday. I'm going for the first time after work today.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I joined the Gold's Gym at E. Washington and Shadeland on Saturday. I'm going for the first time after work today.

I was wondering about this place since I go past it everyday. The giant vacant mall looks a little suspect and I was a bit reluctant to check it out. I would be very interested in getting a review of the place.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. It's awesome. I can watch tv while I'm doing my side bends and crunches. I run around my neighborhood (way better than a treadmill). I can jump right in the shower afterwards and not have to worry about people seeing through the crack in the curtain or wearing sandals. It's hassle and judgement free, just the way I like it!
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. It's awesome. I can watch tv while I'm doing my side bends and crunches. I run around my neighborhood (way better than a treadmill). I can jump right in the shower afterwards and not have to worry about people seeing through the crack in the curtain or wearing sandals. It's hassle and judgement free, just the way I like it!

I lost the majority of my weight working out at home. No one watching me workout and I had no excuse not to work out. If I got home at 10pm I would still workout before going to bed.

I've switched to a gym now as I don't have the room for a power rack and don't want to invest in one. There are pluses and minues for home vs. gym. The important thing is that you work out consistently!
  • kalexmac
    kalexmac Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Chase Legacy Center on the campus of Tech High School.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Anyone go to LA Fitness in Greenwood on 135? Been thinking about joining as it is literally across the street from my house.
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Tai Cheng in my house.
  • gregoryabney
    gregoryabney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness
    South Side Indy
  • scottjoh
    scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wife and I work out at Beech Grove Planet Fitness. We are the Tues, Wed, Thurs 5:50-6:30 PM and Sat, Sun 7:30-9:00 AM
  • DSeay88
    DSeay88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness at 96th St and 465. Anyone else go there?
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness at 96th St and 465. Anyone else go there?

I went there once to get a free trial, now they keep pestering me (I really would like to go there, but it's just too cost prohibitive considering the limited hours I'd be able to use it - I'll just stick with my little company gym down on N. Shadeland).
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness in Greenwood IN I love it there
  • ibryant20
    Options
    Best Gym in the city "Peak Performance" off of 62nd and Binford. Its a gym gym, no frills for people that want to exercise. Biggest cardio selection in the city, biggest and best weight machines and free weights in the city and tons of awesome classes like Zumba, yoga and kick boxing.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Saw a couple of posts back that people were wondering about the Gold's Gym on Shortridge.

It's a decent facility - not the best by any means, but there is a pretty good selection of things to do. Don't ever plan on hitting chest during peak hours on Monday, it is an absolute zoo then. People love to misplace the dumbbells as well, but generally that is the biggest issue when searching for 40s and 45s.

For the price, I'd say it is worth it. The staff isn't bad - the trainers seem relatively knowledgeable in comparison to most, and most of the gym-goers are decent/polite people.