Where do you workout?

Options

Replies

• ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Switching from Planet Fitness to LA Fitness just today. It's been a great year, but I think I'm going to take advantage of a trainer there at LA. Never done that before, but I've gotta do something different.
  • elisabethspicer
    elisabethspicer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I go walking in park on Fry Rd on southside. And planet fitness in Beech Grove.
  • _Shane_
    _Shane_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness all over the Northeast side of Indy. I like the flexibility the gym offers as well as being able to go to one close to work, home or wherever I happen to be for the day.

I also have recently begun to do some mountain and road biking which I like a lot but will obviously not be doable in the next couple months.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have a membership at the LA Fitness on Southport Rd, but have been doing Shaun T's T25 at home lately so I can stop my excuse of not having time, etc. My husband and I play racquetball there from time to time (and he could use a partner that's better than me) and we also mountain bike, typically at Fort Harrison.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness at 96th St and 465. Anyone else go there?

Thats not far for me, but any gym seems to be cost prohibitive for me. I use my compay one just off 106th and lanturn.
  • dhaughs
    dhaughs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wherever I can :)
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    @UCB1984-I switched from PF E Washington to the Shortridge Gold's. I LOVE IT!!!
  • kmcd83
    kmcd83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A little bit of everywhere. When I did my own "transformation" from way overweight and out of shape to where I'm at today I was doing almost entirely bodyweight and plyometric routines at home. When I became a personal trainer I worked at a gym where there literally was not a bench, it was also more bodyweight/cardio/TRX oriented. Over the past 2 years I've come more into resistance training. Most I can do at home, but I go Planet Fitness on 86th for my squat days since it's difficult to safely do them at home without a rack. I've been a member @ Anytime and Gold's, but PF for the price has been the most convenient and price efficient, even if it does mean limiting what you can do with free weights.
  • davetank2
    Options
    LA Fitness in Carmel/ Michigan Rd.
  • tthomas1976
    tthomas1976 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness here
  • snowyd20
    snowyd20 Posts: 176
    Options
    LA fitness in Fishers
  • DargDog
    DargDog Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Snap Fitness in Crawfordsville. Was a member of the C'ville Rec Center but like the machine varieties at Snap better. Just wish they had a Concept Rower and a true squat bench set-up at Snap...
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness Avon - Rockville Rd.
  • Mercambus
    Options
    I've been just handling my business at home. Kettlebells, chin up bar, straps, rings, treadmill, rowing machine, and mats to keep the sweat off the carpet are doing me well enough atm. At some point I'll feel the need to join a club somewhere in the Castleton, Fishers area. I am looking forward to returning to Climb Time in the near future.
  • jenlande
    jenlande Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't workout anywhere! I am laid off and have no money. I have been doing free videos from Fitness Blender and I love that. I usually walk at the free track near my house but this weather is preventing that. Does anyone walk at the malls anymore? The Greenwood Park Mall is about 20 minutes away and I could do that. Anyone?
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I just transferred from Planet Fitness in Beech Grove to the East Washington location. The traffic on Emerson after work was crazy. Facilities seem to be nearly identical. People are friendly enough.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Just started at the new Planet Fitness on North Shadeland in Indy...anyone else?

Um, several of my co-workers are going there, as it is in walking distance for us, but I haven't switched there yet... thinking about it though... How do you like it? You don't work with me, do you? :)
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try out the Downtown Indy Boot Camp tonight with a friend. They do a month free trial - which is phenomenal! I can't wait to try it! I was on the fence until my girlfriend said she was going!
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Just started at the new Planet Fitness on North Shadeland in Indy...anyone else?

Um, several of my co-workers are going there, as it is in walking distance for us, but I haven't switched there yet... thinking about it though... How do you like it? You don't work with me, do you? :)

Well, from your new profile pic, it doesn't look like it..
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to locate the No More Excuses Mom group that works out in Greenwood somewhere. Adrienne is her name, but so far no luck finding her.

I refuse to pay to work out somewhere. I all that I need at home and then some. Bowflex, Healthrider, treadmill, eliptical, windjammer, free weights, any kind of work out DVD you could think of.... just wish I could find a truly committed weight loss / work out partner.