No more Late Night Snacking - Feb 2013

Options

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I am such a stress eater. Thought I'd have that licked by now. But will keep working on it. Came home from work totally exhausted MENTALLY and EMOTIONALLY. No dinner ready so I just grazed. Wow...you can really pack on the calories with simple grazing....no real junk either. Oh well. Tomorrow is round the bend :smile:

Don't worry, as long as it wasn't junk, it's not that bad.Given how tired you felt, you probably put eating also in a bad light, but I'm confident that it wasn't that bad :wink:. Hope you'll have only sunny and rewarding days at work from now. Let the spring come! :smile:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Zaza, I am just as happy to see you online! :flowerforyou: You are one special pal! :wink:
    Deb, ty for the nice words.
    Kate, good to see you :smile:. I am also known for losing track, but I still log :laugh:.
    Chibea, I also sustain your motion of not eating past midnight. :smile: About 2 hrs rest-time for your stomach so that it can "chew" the food is what I think is sensible. Just make sure you still eat something light and healthy before the midnight mark, maybe around 11? Glad you're in this team!

Everyone else, :flowerforyou:. Each and every one contributes to our success as a group. And each and everyone makes the efforts to keep this challenge going worthwhile! :happy:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    Me: 17
    LNS: 2

having stomach flu all around you is an EASY way to keep LNS at bay....just saying!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    ME - 19
    LNS - 0

Dewdrop - the challenge made it all the more worth winning, Right? :happy: Congrats!!
    Beeps - sorry about the stomach flu. I may have a touch of it myself...not fun...I think I am okay. Get better soon :flowerforyou:

Just coming in to quickly report. See everyone tomorrow :) I hope everyone is enjoying and staying focused...WTG :wink:

Love, Hugs and Smiles :heart: :drinker:
    Deb
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Me 12
    LNS 8

These are probably my worst numbers in a while :ohwell:
    Is it March yet ?? :laugh:
    I'm on nights and eaten some savoury biscuits, a cheese scone and some salted crisps:yawn:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Thank you so much, Debi.
    Beeps, get well soon!
    Zaza, you didn't tell us how your trip went and if your back got better.
    Kate, stay strong! And get some good sleep while at home. Are you a doctor? (it's a private thing, so feel free not to answer)

Was again strong last night (and fought some hunger attacks before bed, hehe, not so bad):
    Me: 15- LNS: 5 :happy:

The sun is shining on my street again. :happy:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Me: 2
    LNS: 0

I'm so happy to be back to this challenge. I'm seeing progress already. Between my back, lack of exercise and stress dealing w/elderly parent issues, I had not been making healthy choices.

beeps, hope you feel better!:flowerforyou:

dew, thank you so much for thinking of me. :flowerforyou: My back is much better, but I am still being very careful because it was so painful and scary not to even be able to move my hands when it happened. As for Florida, I am grateful that I was well enough to go and see my family. However, it was very a very stressful week trying to deal with my mother. I am still stressed, but it is easier for me being at home. I was so stressed that I didn't even mind my 6 hour wait at the West Palm Beach airport for my flight home - I was that happy to be going home and to be alone at the airport.

Anyway, I am very happy to be trying to get back on track and will just continue to do my best to attend to everyone's needs as efficiently as possible. Need to follow my own advice to keep everything in perspective and try to take time out and be a little active.

Hope everyone has a good day and good luck staying strong tonight.
    Zaza
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Alas, I did not have the stomach flu. But, 2 of my kids did, as well as my tummy. All that barf....no thankie on the food side (I guess I had psychosomatic symptoms, lol!)

Last night, no LNS. I am preparing for a BIG LNS on Sunday, though.....it's oscar night and I'll be surrounded by TONS of junk food (on purpose) all night long. I shall indulge!

So, hoping to keep it tight until then!

Me: 18
    LNS: 2
  • debilang
    Options
    ME - 20
    LNS - 0

Dewdrop - happy to see your bright, fun loving nature...glad you stayed strong again :flowerforyou:
    Beeps - yesterday I had an intestinal tract irritation, but since doing this new program called Whole 30, I've been eating pretty cleanly, and I think I got rid of unwanted toxins. I hope your kids are feeling better...tummy troubles are terrible. Glad you are planning for the big LNS...it is when we eat for the sake of eating I would worry...have FUN!:drinker:
    Zaza - glad that you are soo positive, from a situation that is stressful. Taking care of parents, (and I wish mine were still around) only makes *us* stronger. Glad you could enjoy your downtime at the airport...and that you are seeing differences of choices being back in the challenge. I soo appreciate this group for sharing.
    Kate - working nights are difficult, but, you CONSTANTLY burn the food...it would be a TOTALLY different story if you did not!

To all our group, hope all is well...always look forward to coming in and saying HI.

Deb
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Me: 8
    LNS: 12

Made a goal not to eat after midnight last night, but no success....so tonight I am snacking healthily before midnight as suggested by someone here...(can't go back and look but thanks for the idea)....so I won't be so hungry later if I am up to the wee hours :)

Persistence is everything:tongue:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    so tonight I am snacking healthily before midnight as suggested by someone here...(can't go back and look but thanks for the idea)

Chibea, they know who you are talking about :wink:. And you are welcome! :flowerforyou: You are doing really well, given that you are trying to change habits! Just stick with it (and us :smile:) and you'll be happy with the results.
    Debi, thank you again!
    Zaza, you are home, with your dear ones and that is all that matters now. A good thought send her way may work wonders, so try to think positively. Please take practicing the "no LNS" seriously, cos March is around the corner :laugh:.
    Beeps, you made me smile. Hope you and the kids are feeling well now. Enjoy Oscar night and snack to your will! You deserve it :smile:. (do bear in mind though that since you've lost the habit, your tummy might get upset with you, so keep it within limits :wink:)

ETA: Gosh, I forgot to address ME! :laugh:
    Me: 16 - LNS: 5 (see, I get all verbose when I am in a good mood and did well the night before :laugh:)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Holy cow did I *blow* it last night. I won't even write down here what happened.

Me: 18
    LNS: 3

Add in my planned Sunday blow-out and I'm basically running "average" for this month. So be it!
  • katemateg
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Its 1.30am and I fasted yesterday so I was successful on not late night snacking-yay.

I looked back over my diary the past few days and cringed at the high numbers but then in the past week I have run 43 miles so I guess I could afford to eat a bit more than my 1890 cals to keep me at maintenance :blushing:

Sorry to hear some of you have been unwell. I am slightly mucousy :tongue: after a cold last weekend but really pretty fit as a fiddle :wink: Get well soon :indifferent:

Dewdrop I am a nurse, I do paeds in a hospice/respite place. I finish nights in the morning then I am on 2 weeks annual leave. I am so excited :bigsmile:
    Just trying to keep awake now:yawn:
    Well done again everyone.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 17 - LNS: 5
  • debilang
    Options
    Dewdrop I am a nurse, I do paeds in a hospice/respite place. I finish nights in the morning then I am on 2 weeks annual leave. I am so excited :bigsmile:
    Just trying to keep awake now:yawn:
    Well done again everyone.

Hi Kate,

My daughter is also a nurse. She was always very physical and FIT, but also worked nights, and gained weight eating all that food to stay awake...sooo I can empathize through her. Now that she has had her two kids, she fasts quite a bit, and is back down in her 140's as opposed to a weight of 200 she gained (after her kids). (It certainly surprised me). She is on day shift now, and goes to the gym at 5:00 in the morning to lift weights and do her cardio before work. Rough working in the middle of the night..soooo grrreat job that you burn those calories with all your running...and have FUN on your two week leave :) Hugs!!
  • debilang
    Options
    ME - 22
    LNS - 0

Beeps - Considering we are at the END of the month...you have been doing pretty good...Enjoy tomorrow, and start fresh Monday :smile:
    Dewdrop - Great for keeping LNS'ing at 5. :happy:

To all our group, hope all is well...always look forward to coming in and saying HI.

Deb
    [/quote]
  • debilang
    Options
    ME - 23
    LNS - 0

Leaving for Las Vegas in the morning and staying for a 3 day conference, coming back Wednesday. I have a semi-smart phone, and can log IN to MFP, but I cannot move around very well...soooo just to keep my "days in a row"...and maybe say Hi on my Newsfeed. I will be the best I can do. I will be on Day 24 of my Whole 30 program...I am pretty impressed with my results so far. I am only protein, vegetables, and fruit...no grains, or dairy...

To all our group, hope all is well...

Deb
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Dewdrop - Great for keeping LNS'ing at 5. happy

Not anymore :cry:
    Me: 17 - LNS: 7
    which is not so great, given that it's a short month. I should know better...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    LOVED MY OSCAR PARTY:

Me: 20
    LNS: 4
  • katemateg
    Options
    Sorry Deb I missed your message till now. Thank you :flowerforyou:

I am really making up numbers now but it's maybe :tongue:

Me 14
    LNS 11 !!! Bad numbers but I am doing ok really. I am fasting 2 days a week and last week I ran 43 miles, 20 of which were yesterday so I'm not putting on weight, I'm at maintenance and most if what I eat is healthy...but I'm looking forward to March as a fresh start.
    We go away to France on Saturday for a week of snowboarding. :love:

Well done ladies, great work :drinker: :laugh: