February Chat

Options

Replies

• Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    FUNNY PHOTO and so with your comment re big girl panties!!! That is hard!!! We are having old friends over on Sunday and they are excitedly planning special home made breads and desserts to bring. We only see each other one time a year and I will not let this diet get in the way of enjoying their company or their contribution, but I will have to be CAREFUL with amounts!!! Good luck at work. Nice to have that every now and then during retirement. I think I would like that!
  • Alamo0809
    Options
    I will make some chocolate dipped venison jerky to stick into children's valentines packages. True... it is not very appealing but hopefully the novelty and fun will come across as more important. :laugh:
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    It is not what you do one time... it is about what you do almost all the time. So... no more beating yourself up!!! You had a good time with the m.n.ms... eeeeee haaaaaa!!! now it is over and today is a new day. :wink:

You are so right. We all need to remember that. Thanks.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Somethings are just so wrong on so many levels!! _:explode: _A See's ad for a traditional Valentine's heart filled with chocolates, See's of course, just appeared on myfirtnesspal homepage! Life is hard enough without chocolate invading MFP too! :angry:

jdon21l.jpg
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    I do have resolve. I've got the shop decorated with chocolate roses, and small heart boxes of chocolates, and chocolate bark. I'm able to resist these. My sister in law has the burger bar next door, she's having a valentine dinner night with steaks, baked potato, salad bar. And gift drawings....so I will de donating the candy and $25 gift certificates.

Breezy and cooler this morning...I power walked (or long walks) as I call them to fed the dogs and birds this morning. The sun is shining bright.

All have. Great weekend. Blessings to each of you.
  • gramanana
    Options
    Good for you MrsMartin for showing great control. I applaud you.

Everyone else: Does anyone have an explanation for MFP calculations. I just did 2 miles of a 3 mile walk with a Leslie Sansone Walk Strong DVD (34 minutes) and burned many less calories than the same amount of time on my treadmill. It doesn't make any sense. Am I putting the activity in the wrong category--you are moving arms, legs and using weights. If anyone has an answer or suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks.
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    OK, I see the add for chocolates. What an insult, oh my. The big girl pants are cute. I want to be able to do that myself with my current panties. It would be pure joy! I'm going out for breakfast with family and then to the Lunar New Year celebration in the International District $2 food walk. I'm gonna keep trying to pull up my pants to remind me to eat moderately. Thanks to all, you're a good group. !persistence!
  • Switzer12
    Switzer12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Love this post and the big girl panties. How very cute!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    oh walkswithart, I love the image of being able to pull my own panties up like that. ROFL
  • Alamo0809
    Options
    So happy you are having a beautiful weekend!

That is great resolve with the candy hearts and a sis with a burger bar. yikes!!!

Wish I could register for the gift certificate!! :smile:
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I did OK with food at the Lunar New Year Celebration - none. Mostly it was too crowded to see, but the drums were great, vibrated my whole body. Got in my walking too. and my exercise lifting and carrying the little nieces. We had fun. Very foggy here this am, can't see across the waterway. Maybe sun later. I hope none of you are in the bieg NE Snow, or that you are at least doing OK. Have a great week. !persistence!
  • Wooken3
    Options
    24457_326372760807350_2073678181_n.jpg

Guess I won't be biking to worship today. _:grumble: _ as it's now 42F here in Phoenix, AZ. And I didn't get even a walk in yesterday due to working 2+ hours over. OK, enough with the excuses… I WILL walk or bike this afternoon. Now that I've told the universe, I'll have to do it. :bigsmile:

I do feel like a wimp complaining about 42F when the NE got hit so hard. Of course my usual replay is, "Yes, our winters are wonderful. But do come visit in July/August to really appreciate the desert."

@Alamo0809: Chocolate dipped venison jerky for Valentine, I'm going to remember that for next year!! Reminds me of the year I put a lump of coal (licorice) in everyone's Christmas morning stocking.

@ walkswithart: The Lunar New Year Celebration sounds wonderful. You did a great job with the food and making wonderful memories with the little nieces.

Thanks everyone for keeping our monthly chat page going. This is the first thing I check on MFP…well right after seeing how many calories I have left!!

Wishing you all a Blessed Sunday!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I had a rough Saturday. I had to travel across the state to move my Aunt into an assisted living facility. She is 85 and has dementia. Though she lived in my brother's duplex and he fixed meals for her, he has to work and she would not tolerate a visiting care giver. I was stunned at the intake meeting a month ago at how little she remembers, like how old she is and the city and state she lives in. I know we are doing the right thing but the look on her face when she realized she was going to have to stay there broke my heart.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I had a rough Saturday. I had to travel across the state to move my Aunt into an assisted living facility. She is 85 and has dementia. Though she lived in my brother's duplex and he fixed meals for her, he has to work and she would not tolerate a visiting care giver. I was stunned at the intake meeting a month ago at how little she remembers, like how old she is and the city and state she lives in. I know we are doing the right thing but the look on her face when she realized she was going to have to stay there broke my heart.

Oh I am so sorry to hear this. I know that look, when my Dad was told he had to go to the skilled nursing facility. He did not want to go and was so very sad, it broke my heart. And YES you are doing the right thing by having her go there. She will get the care she needs. Sending you a hug lintino. It will all be good.
  • shaldra
    Options
    :smile: Today is/was my exercise day off. I usually exercise on Sundays and take Tuesdays or Thursdays off, but this week it was today as it was a beautiful warm sunny day here in Fl and the 4 whippets living with me decided it was a good day to spend outside preferrably loose on the 5 acres and not confined to their paddocks. Now they gave 2 - 35 by 250 ft paddocks surrounded by 6 ft chainlink for their private running area which is out of sight of the road and attached to the house, but that was not enough today. The squirrel population in the front woods is high right now and even the soon to be (March 23rd) 15 yr old thinks she can climb right up the tree trunks to catch the little beasts. :ohwell: So I mo stly on the golf cart and the gleesome 4 some went on a long squirrel hunt which was fun if ended up whippets 0 squirrels 9. Their appetites for dinner was excellent something I never have to worry about except for the old lady who can be picky, but d\inner disappeared fast even for this bunch and all are sacked out on my bed which always makes me happy to have a king sized Select Comfort bed. When the mini dach is home she hunts with the best if them. So tomorrow back to the pool and the clan will have to be happy with a morning and afternoon run in the woods.:happy:
  • Wooken3
    Options
    @lintino: Often the right decision is the hardest for everyone. Hopefully your Aunt will soon adjust to her new living arrangements and you will find comfort in the fact that she is receiving the care she needs. {{{Hugs}}}

Follow up to earlier post: I did bike this afternoon in 55F weather…

Feb 10: 20.5 miles
    Feb Total: 131.7
    Feb Goal: 250
    % of Total: 52.7

8e101a54da6e7fe7b512417c85c3719d.jpg
  • gramanana
    Options
    Self-discipline -- I don't have any, but I'm going to find some! :laugh:
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Self-discipline -- I don't have any, but I'm going to find some! :laugh:

If you find any...can I borrow a cup or so?

sugar.png
  • gramanana
    Options
    @Wooken3: Thanks for the cartoon, that's great! I still haven't found it, but I know it's around somewhere. :)))))
  • Alamo0809
    Options
    Great story!! I can visualize your day with the dogs. :smile: