February Chat

Options

Replies

• Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    What an adventure!! Would have loved to have been there. Where were you for the Lunar New Year?
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Self-discipline -- I don't have any, but I'm going to find some! :laugh:

I think they were passing out self discipline at the gym, I said: "not now, maybe when I'm not so lazy."

!persistence!
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    @walkswithart: Thanks for my laugh today about self-discipline. :)) It's nice to know I'm now alone.
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    OK . Sweetheart, time to get movin! I'm telling myself. Its three weeks to form a habit! I have the responsibility to get grandson to school .. By 7:50am. So we leave the hous at 7:30....I'm officially in town....waste of gas to drive home.. .the store opens at ten. I can walk several blocks, even do some Zumba ---

hope you all had a good Valentines day! Blessings to all. have a great weekend.
  • gramanana
    Options
    I seem to be making better choices this week and staying within the calorie range I want. I've changed my exercise routine, too. We'll see how long I can keep up the good work and if it makes a difference. I tend to get very frustrated when the scale only moves down every 6 weeks and I play with 2 lbs up and down the rest of the time. But I WON'T give up.
  • walkswithart
    Options
    Nope, don't give up. Slow loss is better than gains. And if you give up we'll miss your encouragement. !persistence!
  • gramanana
    Options
    Since nothing else seems to be going on here I thought I'd shake things up and tell you all to really be aware of the foods you eat and the ingredients and watch your reactions. Today is the 2nd time I've had an allergic reaction to the low cal yogurts I like to eat--first Yoplait and now Dannon. Doctor couldn't figure it out the first time, but I think I did this morning -- Aspertame! Took 2 Benadryl and now I'm finally starting to feel better. Please be ever watchful of what you eat.

Hope everyone is happy and busy and has a GREAT day!:)))))
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Allergies can be so scary. I'm glad you figured it out. I don't have any food allergies but I'm one of those who is deathly (literally) allergic to bee stings.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    @lintino! I though of you today when a Honey Bee nailed me in the small of the back this morning. _:sad: _ If I had know the bee was between me and the chair, I would have never leaned backwards! _:grumble: _ PTL I'm not allergic to bee string, it just hurt!!
  • lintino
    Options
    Sorry you got stung:flowerforyou:

If it was me I'd be shooting myself with an epipen and heading for the emergency room.
  • odirish
    odirish Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I just wanted to pop in to say hello. Starting to feel better, still don't have much of an appetite. I leave for my cruise Sunday, hopefully the sun and the Vitamin D will knock this sickness out of me.

Mary Ann
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I just wanted to pop in to say hello. Starting to feel better, still don't have much of an appetite. I leave for my cruise Sunday, hopefully the sun and the Vitamin D will knock this sickness out of me.

Mary Ann

Hi Mary Ann, glad you are getting better little by little. Where are you going on your cruise? Hope you have tons of fun. Feel better and better.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

@lintion: Thxs, today all that's left of the bee sting is a little red mark.

@odirish: Glad you're feeling better as so many folks just can't seem to get over that creepin' crud. And sea air is probably just what you need!

The Phoenix Valley received snow late yesterday afternoon which is unbelievable enough, but the amount received in northern Scottsdale was record breaking -- crazy, just crazy. :noway:
    Scottsdale_snow_20130221044255_640_480.JPG

My 25-30 hours week job has turned into 40 for the last two weeks. Between the hours and weather, I'm not getting my biking in. :grumble: Told the boss man yesterday that I wanted my hours cut back. I'll give it another couple of weeks and see what happens. The job is over April 15th, so part of me wants to make summer traveling money while I can but the other part says, "Hey, I'm retired!"

Have a great day!! :drinker:
  • lintino
    Options
    Wow, how strange to see palm trees and snow.

:noway:

I'm up here on the west side of Michigan and we've had about 60" of snow so far. At least it doesn't all come at once !:laugh:

The worst though is when it is ice, which we had Tuesday. I didn't even leave the house.

Since I've retired I've been working on unfinished projects. Oh, do I have a lot of unfinished projects!! Before Christmas I finished a Scherensnitte (look that one up LOL) that I started in 1996. I got it done in time to decorate 16 years later. Right now I am almost finished with a counted cross stitch piece. When I get done with it I am going to frame or mount it and 2 others that have been calling my name for years!!
  • walkswithart
    Options
    Since I've retired I've been working on unfinished projects. Oh, do I have a lot of unfinished projects!! Before Christmas I finished a Scherensnitte (look that one up LOL) that I started in 1996. I got it done in time to decorate 16 years later. Right now I am almost finished with a counted cross stitch piece. When I get done with it I am going to frame or mount it and 2 others that have been calling my name for years!!

Isn't it fun to have the time to finish all those UFOs. My problem is I have all these new projects I want to start, and I'm not as interested in those UFOs anymore. Maybe if I alternate?
  • lintino
    Options
    I know about losing interest in old projects. I did allow myself to throw one away just after Christmas. Another one decades old. I tried to work on it about 5 times and it just didn't grab me. I wish I could have donated it to Goodwill but it seemed like the directions were terrible. I felt relieved that it was out of my life

.:huh:
  • walkswithart
    Options
    I thionk youv'e got the right idea. Throw out the old, especially with bad directions or if it just isn't the current you. Guess that might apply to this adventure here as well. Throw out those old snacks, especially ones with bad labels. And throw out all these old ideas of what you will be eating. EPIPHANY!!!!!
  • lintino
    Options
    Is that like teaching an old dog new tricks?
    :bigsmile:
  • walkswithart
    Options
    Is that like teaching an old dog new tricks?
    :bigsmile:

Precisly, We learn well, it just takes more repetitions, and more repetitions and ....
    You gotta be persistent. Whick reminds me, I've got a sweater that I was knitting, I wonder if I should rip out the 8 inches and make it smaller? Oh, that would be pure joy!
    Or (to keep on topic) maybe I should just throw out the starting stitches, I've got enough yarn. Maybe I could throw out that old tea towel my mother-in-law started to embroider, too.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    After retiring three years ago, I started on a campaign of de-cluttering the house. Well let's just say that the Church Thrift Store has benefited greatly from my efforts. :happy: . At first it was very hard to let go of anything, because…well I might need it again. But I forced myself to "let go" and it did get easier with time.

Last October I decided to "let go" of the extra weight and find some exercise. Again at first it wasn't easy, but the last three years of letting go of "things" did help. And once again, it has gotten easier with time.

So this old dog has learned a new trick…it's so much easier to enjoy life when you're not carrying all that extra baggage, let it be weight or just stuff. :bigsmile:

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!

gla110718l.jpg