September Brides..wanna be weight loss buddies?

Options
Hey ladies! I'm getting married on 9/6/2013 and I CAN NOT get motivated!!! Please friend me and keep me motivated! =)

-Brittany

Replies

• sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Already friended u :P Wohoo September Brides :):) 7 months to go now!!!

We can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I know!! I'm going to start exercising on the days i'm off on my part time job! That will atleast get me started!!
  • erinlmatta
    erinlmatta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 9/28/13! Congrats ladies! I'll help with motivation as long as you girls do the same! How much do you all have to lose?
  • AlannaJW11
    AlannaJW11 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! Getting married Sept. 7, 2013! Down 10 pounds, still a ways to go!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Erin- I have about 17 to go before i'll be happy! I really hope I can do it in 6 months!!
  • erinlmatta
    Options
    Oh, you can definitely do it! Good for you! I have 40!!!!! :( 7 months to go...
  • AlannaJW11
    Options
    I have 40 too, Erin! Seems like a big lofty goal but any weight loss is bette than none!
  • emily9585
    emily9585 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello all! and congrats! no wedding date just yet, but looking at venues available aug - oct 2013. trying to lose about 10 lbs and tone up between now and then. anyone here tried pilates? i'm thinking about starting them in the next couple of weeks if anyone wants to go for it together!

pls feel free to add me, anyone!

cheers!
    Emily
  • gosioux08
    gosioux08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My wedding date is also set for 9/7/13 :) I'm hoping to lose 10-15 lbs in the next 7 months.
  • erinlmatta
    Options
    Alanna, glad I'm not the only one! I think 40 lbs in 7 months is do-able, but it's going to be tough. What do you all do for exercise? I'm been trying to make myself and addict!! It's beautiful and sunny today in Kentucky, where I live...about 65 degrees right now. I'm going to go for an hour long walk as soon as I leave the office. :)
  • gosioux08
    gosioux08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a techie, so I get a silly kick out of new toys. I've been starting to get into running, so I decided to buy a heart rate monitor last night. I couldn't wait to get up this morning at 5:30 AM to try the stupid thing out! I know, I know - I'm a little bit nuts, but it works. I also run with the Nike+ system and I love seeing my log of runs, comparing my times, seeing improvement, and now I can watch my heart rate improvement as I get more fit!
  • hayz80
    Options
    i get married on the 7th sept 2013 as well. Struggling to motivate myself. I want to lose a stone and a half at least. Feel free to add me
  • AlannaJW11
    Options
    I think it's doable too! Just going to have to put in a lot of hard work! Right now I am "running" on the treadmill and taking spin classes. It's bitterly cold here in Newfoundland and there is snow covering the sidewalks so I don't have the luxury of exercising outside. :( I find getting my exercise in right after I leave the office is the only way it works for me, if I go home first I just stay there! ha!
  • boom1186
    Options
    I'm getting married Sept. 21st and looking to lose about 20 lbs before then. I've been working out 4-6 days a week, so I know I can do it!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Good to hear everyone staying positive about thier weight loss! I lost 1.6 lbs this week!! I'm so happy! Just 16 more to go! How is everyone's wedding planning going? We got the receipt for our venue today. We are officially paid for!
  • AlannaJW11
    Options
    Congrats on your 1.6 loss! That's fantastic!
    My office has a health and wellness program where we can get weighed in every two weeks, as of yesterday I am down 4lbs in two weeks! woo! Wedding planning is going well, almost everything that we need is booked, thinking about invitations now!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Alanna - thats an awesome loss!! I bought my wedding band this weekend. It's gorgeous and it was 50% off! So i got it for $399 instead of $699! That's a deal.
  • Kimpossible385
    Options
    Good job brides! Keep up the good work! You will reach your goals and look gorgeous at your weddings! :wink:
  • mpsova
    Options
    This thread was just what I needed! I'm getting married September 28, and my first dress fitting is mid April. I want to lose 15 pounds by the big day!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    So what is everyone doing for exercise? I just printed out a treadmill workout that i'm going to start doing on the days that I don't work at Both of my jobs. It's about 45 minutes and it changes speeds and incline. I really hope that can kickstart my weight loss! I also need to do some sort of strength so that my arms aren't flabby in my wedding dress (that I haven't even started looking for yet...)