September Brides..wanna be weight loss buddies?

Options

Replies

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies.. you are right. I need to not freak out, but the issues with my mother wont' just easliy go away. I love her to death but her control issues cause fights between us often, and not just about the wedding. *sigh* Just something i've always dealt with. WHen i was engaged before (we didn't get married and split up..) she didn't speak to me for almost a month because i wanted to get married at the beach. Apparently I was being selfish! LOL I get ONE day and I was being selfish.

We are fine now, but I have to walk on eggshells around her with my wedding planning.
  • gosioux08
    gosioux08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Glad I could help :)
  • wedding92813
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm getting married on 9/28/13! Trying to stay motivated so that I have "Michelle Obama arms" for my wedding! For working out, I use 2 things to track my progress and to keep me motivated. I have a Nike Fuel band and I also use the Nike+ app on my iPod nano for running on the treadmill. I have a profile on Nike and it helps to see my progress and having a chart showing when I worked out etc. It makes me motivated to try to fill up my week with workouts just so I don't have a "blank" day on my chart. The fuel band is also nice because it basically calls you out on being lazy. I have a goal of 3000 points everyday and in order to hit it i HAVE TO workout. My weakness, snacking on junk my fiancé brings in the house!!
  • erinlmatta
    erinlmatta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! You've picked a great group of girls to help you stay motivated. I'm actually getting married on 9/28/13 as well! Let me know if you need anything. I'm going to send you a friend request! :)
  • wedding92813
    Options
    Thanks! That's too funny that we have the same date :).
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Went to the Mall last night and got FI's shirt and tie!! We are finally starting to check things off the list!!
  • AlannaJW11
    AlannaJW11 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Exciting! I'm going bridesmaid dress shopping tomorrow with my girlfriends, hope they can all agree on something! :)

It's so nice to tick things off!
  • mpsova
    mpsova Posts: 6
    Options
    Six months until wedding month!
  • AlannaJW11
    Options
    B - Have you made your invitations yet? I was thinking about getting some from Michael's as well but I wanted to know how well they print, are they easy to assemble, etc. Let me know! :)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    No... we haven't printed them yet! Probably won't print them until about a two months before the wedding incase any information changes between now and then!! They look great and i'm sure they will print fine~
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    SOOOO many checks this weekend ladies!! got my wedding dress/shoes/jewlery and wedding band!! It's so nice to know that i've got a lot of the big stuff out of the way!
  • AlannaJW11
    Options
    Excellent! It feels so good to get stuff done and not have to worry about it anymore!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Ordered my Garter on Monday :) Got some hair and make up quotes at different places and think we have found a place as long as they are free that day. Picked up fiancees ring today.

And now its time for Stag and Doe planning.. another fun task lol

ANyone else having a Stag and Doe? If so, when? Ours is June 8
  • Emma_GetFit
    Options
    It's not September but I am getting married 5th November this year.. Im a size 16/18 now more towards 16 and I bought a size 12 dress. I've lost 12lbs up to now just got another 68 to go.

I can't wait I used to be a size 8/10 when I was younger and felt great I want to be that size again.. And as im 5'3 it's within the healthy weight mark so not too skinny.

I could do with some support.. In fact a lot of support!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Ordered my Garter on Monday :) Got some hair and make up quotes at different places and think we have found a place as long as they are free that day. Picked up fiancees ring today.

what is stag and doe???
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    It's not September but I am getting married 5th November this year.. Im a size 16/18 now more towards 16 and I bought a size 12 dress. I've lost 12lbs up to now just got another 68 to go.

I can't wait I used to be a size 8/10 when I was younger and felt great I want to be that size again.. And as im 5'3 it's within the healthy weight mark so not too skinny.

I could do with some support.. In fact a lot of support!

Hello Emma!!! I too have some weight I want to lose. I have 14 lbs to my goal weight. My dress is a 12, and fits PERFECT right now, but I want to look great on my honeymoon, so i'm still aiming to lose weight. If the dress needs altered, so be it!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options

what is stag and doe???

Stag and Doe is a fundraiser for the engaged couple. People buy a ticket to attend. Than you sell drinks their, you sell raffle tickets for prizes, we'll have lots of games people can pay to play with prizes as well. Hopefully we have lots of people atten and we can get some money to help pay for our wedding or honeymoon :)
  • MochaGirlwithCurls
    Options
    Double post. Sorry!
  • MochaGirlwithCurls
    Options
    Omg! I need a buddy or something! My wedding is September 1. And I ordered my dress one size too small! Eek!

My goal is to alter is one size smaller too, so I have some work to do. I think 30lbs is reasonable, but 40lbs would be amazing.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options

what is stag and doe???

Stag and Doe is a fundraiser for the engaged couple. People buy a ticket to attend. Than you sell drinks their, you sell raffle tickets for prizes, we'll have lots of games people can pay to play with prizes as well. Hopefully we have lots of people atten and we can get some money to help pay for our wedding or honeymoon :)

Interesting!! I've NEVER heard of that!!! Pretty cool!