Body Fat % Goals

Options
124»

Replies

• travdes
    travdes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It takes practice but an inexpensive/accurate way to measure BF % is with skinfold testing. You can buy a caliper from the pharmacy for $10-15, I generally measure 3-4 times at each location and average them to get my BF%.

I'm currently 17.8% and hoping to get to 8% by 2014.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Since I started weight training joined MFP at 47kgs, I've now reached 55kgs. My BF% initial reading was s]estimated around 5%. I got it read again yesterday.
    The trainer and I mutually agree that it does not make sense.

8511127279_57c6f32b78_z.jpg

LOL
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Since I started weight training joined MFP at 47kgs, I've now reached 55kgs. My BF% initial reading was s]estimated around 5%. I got it read again yesterday.
    The trainer and I mutually agree that it does not make sense.

LOL

Lol, all right! Go Paleo! (well that is what I would say if I was in your shoes...you obviously have different goals from me).

Currently 35.something% (measured with skinfold calipers by a PT), hoping to get down to 24% ish. Started my first whole30 yesterday.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    25-27% (I'm 48, so ideal is higher for us older folks). If I start lifting & running again, I'll re-evaluate it (especially once I'm closer to my ideal weight). I still have about 35-45 lbs to go.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    25-27% (I'm 48, so ideal is higher for us older folks). If I start lifting & running again, I'll re-evaluate it (especially once I'm closer to my ideal weight). I still have about 35-45 lbs to go.

This is great! Will be interesting to see what happens as you lose weight !