Doctor Who

Options

Replies

• bethanybekoolay
    bethanybekoolay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    seriously Doctor who is the greatest; I have a tattoo on my fore arm that is a quote from 'the almost People' saying "I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams."
    I am also looking for new friends so feel free to add me :wink:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Google NZ has a Doctor Who theme today! :bigsmile: You can play a little game as any Doctor, and if you die, you regenerate into another!

https://www.google.co.nz/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Google.com has joined the party too!

6 hours left!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Mercifully they don't tell you how many doctors you killed getting all the letters :) my coworker told me about this on google.co.uk yesterday but I never got a chance to check it so I'm glad it hopped the pond.

I'm recording today's and pretending it's not there until after Monday's theater event.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    Oh, who am I kidding.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh, who am I kidding.

LOL. I'm kinda glad to see it on TV first. I need subtitles for those pesky English accents at times.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    Oh, who am I kidding.

LOL. I'm kinda glad to see it on TV first. I need subtitles for those pesky English accents at times.

I don't hear well so I like them all the time, but especially for BBC stuff. I figured if there was anything I missed in the theater event I'd be able to go back and pick it up later, but now I think I've talked myself into watching it before :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yeah there's no way I was going to wait until Monday...
  • spud_chick
    Options
    I let myself watch a few minutes of it before switching away--it's a great candidate for 3D, ought to be pretty spectacular.
  • Francl27
    Options
    It was epic.
  • Fit_Canadian
    Options
    I'm still at a loss for words, that was absolutely phenomenal !!! And still have my tickets in my pocket for this Monday's viewing at the theatre.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Saw it in a small time, non- 3D viewing movie theater. Tons of Whovians that dressed up.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Snagged a 1080P copy and watched it while drinking 1/3rd of a bottle of wine.........

Flipping brilliant episode.....
  • sairbear8
    sairbear8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can honestly say I've been watching Doctor Who since I was born, back in the 80's. My mother was a big fan, named me after a companion even, and had most of the episodes taped. I've seen every single episode possible (a few of the earliest had gone missing by the time I was old enough to know what I was watching, but still) and could quote ALL the Peter Davison episodes, half of Tom Bakers, and about half of Sylvester McCoy's by the time I was 12 years old. XD

Fell in love with New Who when it began airing and haven't missed an episode since.

Five will always be ~my~ Doctor, though. :D

50th Anniversary, aww yeah! Brilliant!
  • spud_chick
    Options
    I'm watching the preshow now--can't imagine how I missed The Night of the Doctor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo

(except that I've been sick for two weeks)

Love Paul McGann so much.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Loved the episode myself. My daughter liked it a lot too, then starting delving into it. I don't think its work it to go into does it fit, etc. She doesn't get that all the rules can be broken because she never saw the originals where there were rules and they got broken. Time Lords even broke their own rules on purpose.

The only thing was the timelord speech to a bunny was a bit over the top.
  • Caleb_Daniel
    Caleb_Daniel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This was the best episode ever. It completely revolutionized everything from the 9th doctor on.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Still haven't seen it and am pretty much spoiler free - looking forward to watching it on the big screen with a bunch of other Whovians tonight!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Wow that's impressive, I see spoilers all over, lol! 3 hours to go.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    Our DVR screwed up so I only got to see about 20 minutes of it. Waiting for my husband to come home now so we can go. Had The Worst Day Ever so I'm really looking forward to this!