Doctor Who

Options

Replies

• CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    From what i've read on the hinternet the speculation makes me chuckle, so far it's a female, gay, disabled, black, single parent who may or may not be an android. Not sure what boxes there are left to tick.

Also a vampire ghost from another dimension.
  • gsylvester13
    gsylvester13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love Doctor Who, even if I'm fairly new to it (Started Watching in January. Am, of course, completely caught up). I got new Doctor Who socks at Hot Topic yesterday which will be worn today. And I have the uncommon stance of 9 being my favorite doctor :)
  • Mothercruncher
    Options
    I liked Nine. Nine doesn't get enough credit sometimes, I think.

But for the record, my favorite was Four. Talk about showing my age, huh?
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I liked Nine. Nine doesn't get enough credit sometimes, I think.

But for the record, my favorite was Four. Talk about showing my age, huh?

I wanna watch classic who stuff so bad, just don't have the funds to obtain it. :(
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    isnt it on alluc.org etc etc

Genesis of the Daleks is amazing - you should def watch the older series there are some gems in there, the dalek civil war was one of my faves (in East London obviously).

There are the films as well don't forget, the black and white stuff although dated can be quite chilling
  • schonkreuz
    Options

Genesis of the Daleks is amazing - you should def watch the older series there are some gems in there, the dalek civil war was one of my faves (in East London obviously).

There are the films as well don't forget, the black and white stuff although dated can be quite chilling

Oh wow, thank you so much.

Oh sorry the house is a wreck and I didn't cook dinner honey, I'm watching Doctor Who! lol
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    If you can get hold of it, the BBC produced a lovely little pocket book the Dalek Survival Guide. I know Daleks aren't all Who fans cup of tea but I bought the book, must be about five years ago now, as a Chrimble present for my Mum and it has some great little stories, background and various other bits and pieces in it but I highly recommend it for a coffee table talking point.

My Mum was heavily pregnant with me when they were on a trip to London and there was a place which I assume was Forbidden Planet which had a motion sensor Dalek in a recess in the wall, every so often it would 'attack' a passer by in the street. My Mum said she nearly had me there and then back in 82 :happy:
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

Oh sorry the house is a wreck and I didn't cook dinner honey, I'm watching Doctor Who! lol

Classic Doctor Who is also on Instant Nextflix. I spent a good month glued to the TV when I discovered that
  • schonkreuz
    Options

Classic Doctor Who is also on Instant Nextflix. I spent a good month glued to the TV when I discovered that

They removed it, I haven't checked recently but that was the first place I went to look!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

They removed it, I haven't checked recently but that was the first place I went to look!

Classic Doctor Who is still in my Instant Queue. ::shrugs::
  • schonkreuz
    Options

Classic Doctor Who is still in my Instant Queue. ::shrugs::

I just checked and it has 18 collections all of which include several parts of the same movie or episode. : /
  • Mothercruncher
    Options

Um, yeah..my husband heard this on a daily basis. Nowadays when he comes in I just point at the tv and shush him.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I will be honest, I have yet to get into Dr. Who. I have a coworker who swears up and down that she will bring me dvds to watch, but so far... nothing. However, Sylvester McCoy is going to be at my place of business tomorrow! I'm excited to see him more from a Hobbit-fan perspective, but it's awesome either way! :drinker:
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    We just watched this month's The Doctors Revisited featuring the Seventh. McCoy definitely leant some depth to the role, and I think I'm keen to watch more of his tenure!
  • schonkreuz
    Options
    So I'm officially hosting the 50th annivsary Doctor Who party at my house and I need ideas!!! Snacks, decorations, whatever you can come up with. :)
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Wel, ThinkGeek is selling TARDIS door clings, so if your front door is suitable....

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/11fb/#tabs

It would certainly make it easy for your guests to find you!
  • xenvrae
    xenvrae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got into Doctor Who about 4 months ago or so. I've watched all of the new episodes and a few of the older episodes. My favorite is Nine, but I have a special place for Ten (gotta love David Tennant!!). My birthday party this year was Doctor Who themed.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    So I'm officially hosting the 50th annivsary Doctor Who party at my house and I need ideas!!! Snacks, decorations, whatever you can come up with. :)

Do you have the Doctor Who cookbook? She has some really fun takes on episodes. In fact, she has a specific recipe representative of every episode in New Who. I'd like to have a 50th party, but as I don't have any friends IRL who watch the show, it would (will) consist of me, my husband and daughters.

Link to cookbook: http://www.amazon.com/Dining-Doctor-Unauthorized-Cookbook-ebook/dp/B00AGSTV6A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375325016&sr=8-1&keywords=doctor+who+cookbook

Keep in mind it will be simulcast (not sure where you live), but it may well air in the US early in the day.
  • schonkreuz
    Options
    Oo Thanks for the link! I did look it up and it's supposed to be on at 2pm, not too bad!
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.... a 50th Anniversary viewing party... I wonder if my daughter would want to do something like that. Will have to check with her. :D