Doctor Who

Options

Replies

• KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Bran new to the Doctor... I've seen Rose, the New Rose and now the Redheaded Rose... I'm on the second Doctor and totally in LOVE with this show!!!!
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Doctor Who :) I really hope to lose enough weight to do my fem doctor (11) costume for Gen Con in August. I finally convinced my hubby to start watching the show and now we have awesome doctor who nights.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Bran new to the Doctor... I've seen Rose, the New Rose and now the Redheaded Rose... I'm on the second Doctor and totally in LOVE with this show!!!!

same here! we watch it as a family on amazon prime, we've gotten thru the first season so far, loved that first doctor, daughter and i both thought he was kinda sexy in a weird geeky way. but then saw the second season dr and we were very meh...

but rose grew on me, i didnt like her at first and now i root for her.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    New Doctor next year replacing Matt Smith according to the interwebz
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Do we think it's John Hurt, or is he the inbetweeny doctor I can't think of the name of right now?
  • Panda_1999
    Panda_1999 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Do we think it's John Hurt, or is he the inbetweeny doctor I can't think of the name of right now?

The Valeyard.... Oh No!
  • mruntidy
    Options
    Nah don't think it's Hurt - I'm thinking they might go off the reservation with it maybe female or the first black Doc which would be very different
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'd kind of like to see Simon Pegg, although he's gotten a bit more popular in recent years, so maybe not.

I'm not a fan of having a female doctor. Unless they found some way to make it Donna.
  • mruntidy
    Options
    I'd kind of like to see Simon Pegg, although he's gotten a bit more popular in recent years, so maybe not.

I'm not a fan of having a female doctor. Unless they found some way to make it Donna.

Must say i dont fancy a female one either, i remember Pegg in The Long Game back in 2005 he was good as a villain in Dr Who
  • beckiern1
    beckiern1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't like the idea of a female Doctor either, nor am I into the idea of him being ginger yet!

Can we have Tennant back?!
  • southpaw211
    Options
    I'd forgotten about The Long Game. I was so happy when they kicked Adam to the curb at the end; that kid was irritating.

In addition to wondering who the next Doctor will be, I'm curious as to what his wardrobe will be like, since their personalities always seem to be reflected in the costume.

I wonder if Jenna Louise Coleman is really back for the next series, with Smith leaving and her purpose kind of wrapped up with a bow?
  • spud_chick
    Options
    What is this anti-ginger hate speech!!! :laugh: I admit I thought the blonde one seemed odd though.

Look like a no-go for Pegg.

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a486645/simon-pegg-rules-out-doctor-who-role-i-havent-watched-it-for-years.html

Pegg tweeted: "After a barrage of tweets on the matter, allow me to clarify, I am not in the running for, nor do I have any desire to be the next Doctor. I actually haven't watched the show since I was in it. I'm very method that way."
  • southpaw211
    Options
    Well! If he hasn't watched the show since he was in it, I'm definitely not lobbying for him to play the Doctor anymore. Really has to be someone who loves the show. I think that's why Tennant was so spectacular. They've got to live and breathe the Doctor.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    Well! If he hasn't watched the show since he was in it, I'm definitely not lobbying for him to play the Doctor anymore. Really has to be someone who loves the show. I think that's why Tennant was so spectacular. They've got to live and breathe the Doctor.

Agreed.

I wish they hadn't used up Paul McGann already.

I don't know if Ioan Gruffudd could handle it but I think he could look right; there is something unusual about his face, even back in his beautiful youth. I never got over them canceling Hornblower. But his acting career hasn't really give him much to do since then. Makes me sad.
  • mruntidy
    Options
    I heard gingers have no soul...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I read that the Dr can only regenerate 15 times....... Arent they going through them a little fast...Personally I want a male Dr ..... I don't feel the dynamic would be the same with a female dr
  • spud_chick
    Options
    I agree, except for maybe the idea that the *final* incarnation might interestingly be female--sort of a tao mature-yang-transforms-to-yin thing.

I think trying to deliberately "mix it up" with a female or a minority is a bad idea, unless they can demonstrate that Gallifrey was ethnically diverse. Maybe they have, I could certainly have missed something.

I'd thought it was 13 and therefore getting nervous, is it definitively mentioned anywhere? I guess the show runners can figure out a way around that but I agree they are burning through likely actors fairly quickly. Do the actors burn out on it after a couple of seasons?
  • spud_chick
    Options
    I heard gingers have no soul...

I used to think so too until I married one :) I must have sapped the ginge right out of him though, he faded to tawny brown.
  • southpaw211
    Options
    I think they threw the limited regenerations thing out the window when River gave him her regenerations in the Let's Kill Hitler episode. I believe it was 13 regens, initially.

Somewhere, there is either a RTD or Moffat quote saying basically the same.
  • southpaw211
    Options
    Food for thought on the ages of the actors who've played The Doctor, through the year. Kind of neat!

http://reprog.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/ages-of-doctor-who-actors-on-their-debuts/