Doctor Who

Options
Now I'm sure most of you are big Doctor Who people, or at least one way or another.

I'm just curious to meet some other Whovians, seeing as I'm relatively new to the Who crowd. Started watching after gaining curiosity from the millions of Pinterest pins. Needless to say I tore through the entire new series, some of the old, and am completely hooked and crazy in love. Ten is my favorite, but I love them all!

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I'm still on the new iteration of it and absolutely loving it. Just started season 2.
  • tinchick
    tinchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm a new Whovian myself. Started watching after my friend bugged me to and I'm so glad that I did! Like you, I tore through the new incarnation and have now started to get my mom to watch them. I haven't seen much of the old stuff, though I'd like to.
    And I have to say that while I love Ten, I'd have to say that Eleven is my favorite.
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    It's such a great show! I started watching with Nine like "ehh, little odd, but I'll give it a chance". Yeah. By episode 5 it was an addiction. I do love Eleven too, for his completely goofy, awkward version of the Doctor. Matt Smith did amaazinngg. And not gonna lie, couple episodes brought me to tears. Like rewatching Silence in the Library after Eleven
  • jc_miller
    Options
    WHOVIANS!!! I am currently midway through Season 4 of the newer stuff. It's my entertainment while on the treadmill at my dad's house. Nothing like crying my bloody eyes out while hitting up level 10 incline. Final episode of Season 2. I just can't.
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Oh there's more pain. Oh man, the tears!! It's so well written and depressing, lol. But I adore it!
  • justagirlgeek
    justagirlgeek Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much one of the biggest Doctor Who fans you'll meet.
    I plan to have the TARDIS tattooed onto my calf in the summer.

Oh, and in my avatar there?
    <
    That's me cosplaying Donna, on my way to a con.

Yes, I love it THAT much. ;)
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options

<

DONNA!!! She is my favorite companion!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    My kid got me hooked on the show last year. I'm almost caught up on season 7, but she skipped me through some of the first episodes, so I'm also going back and watching what I missed. Kinda fun to go back to Nine after so much Ten and Eleven. I love them all, but David Tennant is my fave I think.

Yesterday after school we stopped by World Market in search of a pack of Jammie Dodgers because of the show! :tongue:

Edited to add:

And Happy birthday to Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston today!! :drinker:
  • justagirlgeek
    justagirlgeek Posts: 49 Member
    Options

<

DONNA!!! She is my favorite companion!!

Mine too!
  • tinchick
    tinchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's such a great show! I started watching with Nine like "ehh, little odd, but I'll give it a chance". Yeah. By episode 5 it was an addiction. I do love Eleven too, for his completely goofy, awkward version of the Doctor. Matt Smith did amaazinngg. And not gonna lie, couple episodes brought me to tears. Like rewatching Silence in the Library after Eleven

I started watching at series 5 because it was on Xfinity and then went back to series 1-4, which makes Silence in the Library so much sadder!
  • SanchezYo
    SanchezYo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my husband is a big fan & i have watched a good amount of Dr. Who. we painted our one door to look like the tartus lol i love the Doctor that's on now.
  • Ericsawicki
    Ericsawicki Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    we love Dr. Who too! we got an exploding TARDIS picture and frame for Christmas and we have it hanging in our living room.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Yesterday after school we stopped by World Market in search of a pack of Jammie Dodgers because of the show! :tongue:

Edited to add:

And Happy birthday to Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston today!! :drinker:

Did you find some??

Nice to see some love for Eccleston--I really liked him, but he seems to be overlooked a lot.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I've managed to catch up entirely with all the new episodes, but the REAL Doctor for me will always be Tom Baker.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Best part about a companion named Amy in the show, is hearing the Doctor say my name. :blushing: Have to admit, when I first got to those episodes and heard him say "Amy", especially in a soft voice, my heart got all fluttery.

What? I'm 44, but I'm not dead! :love: LOL
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    Love it!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Eight was my first. Nine is my favourite, but I have a soft spot for Ten closely followed by Five and Four.
    I LOVE Doctor Who, and just got my bf addicted, too!

Rose and Turlough are my favourite companions. I can't STAND Amy (or Matt Smith). Blegh!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I like Amy, but I *really* like Rory :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    drwho_zps3428be61.jpg

Love, love, love "Dr. Who" ...... and "Torchwood" too ...... especially when they intersect ......