Doctor Who

Options

Replies

• JustDeke
    JustDeke Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I hope the Helen Mirren rumors are true. That would be really fun.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I bought my fish Phin (short for Phineas from Phineas & Ferb) a new house today, and even though it's not as functional as his Spongebob Squarepants pineapple house, it'll do just fine. ;)

image_zpse2cbc88d.jpg
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Thanks to dr who I have a whole list of things that make me look at them twice....and I will not stay in a creepy 80's style hotel
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    LOL @ Jen!

True story!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

If the Doctor had to regenerate into a woman Helen Mirren would be the best option!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

If the Doctor had to regenerate into a woman Helen Mirren would be the best option!

agree
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Saw this on Facebook this morning. Not living in the UK, I'm sure there are a lot of gems like this floating around that I haven't yet seen! Great mini-ep staring Peter Davison & David Tennant from 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0cyxb2kG9E
  • jenbit
    Options
    So I just finished the last episode of season 7....... Whose the old guy ?
  • southpaw211
    Options
    I think that's what people are going to be debating until the 50th. :laugh: Lots of theories are being thrown around. The one I personally like best is that he is a regen of the Doctor between 8 and 9, during the Time War. The only way I can't see that fitting is that he's made no secret of the attrocities of ending the Time War, so I don't see why he's hidden this non-Doctor version of himself away, if that is indeed who John Hurt is supposed to be. Others have speculated that it's a pre-William Hartnell version of the Doctor (I hope not, I'd hate for Moffat to mess with that), others have guessed perhaps he's the Valeyard (he seems too sympathetic/guilt ridden to be the Valeyard IMO). We will soon find out... in 5 short (ha!) months!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    1011762_649105455117188_2096090511_n.jpg
  • _meesh_
    _meesh_ Posts: 73
    Options
    Whether you're a fan of Prince Charles or not, this is a cool video of his and the Duchess of Cornwall's visit to the Doctor who set in celebration of the 50th anniversary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01c8v3w

On a related note, while I do like Matt Smith's doctor, I never thought that he was especially attractive. But with the buzz cut....I might just change my mind... yummy.
  • southpaw211
    Options
    So, is anyone else considering attending the 50th weekend in London? My husband and I have been on the mailing list and finally got the email yesterday that tickets are going on sale on Monday. Ticket prices aren't too shabby - I think it's 45 pounds for one day, which includes attendance at each of the 3 sessions. Matt Smith will be there as well, doing autograph sessions (you have to register an appointment online for that).

We live in the states, but are seriously considering throwing airfare on a credit card and spending a whirlwind weekend in the UK to be a part of it. If we even can get tickets, I mean. Plus, the chance to see the 50th anniversary episode in theater would be fun. Once in a lifetime kind of thing. And hey, Cardiff is just a train ride away for the DW experience! If I could justify another $2k in airfare for my kids, I'd take them in a heartbeat. As it is, they probably won't forgive me if I get to meet the 11th Doctor without them.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    On a related note, while I do like Matt Smith's doctor, I never thought that he was especially attractive. But with the buzz cut....I might just change my mind... yummy.

I feel the kind of the same. Started watching The Nerdist recently and he's been on a couple of times and was much cuter in his own persona than as the Doctor, for me. He still had the hair but doesn't have the dorkiness of his Doctor. I've only found him sexy on the show for a few fleeting moments here and there.

Not that the Doctor has to be sexy, but as Lorelie Lee would say, my goodness, doesn't it help? :)
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options

I feel the kind of the same. Started watching The Nerdist recently and he's been on a couple of times and was much cuter in his own persona than as the Doctor, for me. He still had the hair but doesn't have the dorkiness of his Doctor. I've only found him sexy on the show for a few fleeting moments here and there.

Not that the Doctor has to be sexy, but as Lorelie Lee would say, my goodness, doesn't it help? :)

Matt Smith is any form is basically my one true love.
  • jenbit
    Options

I liked Tennant way more then smith (plus he was cuter) but smith had better companions I love Rory and Amy.... I can't wait til my kids and I get there so I can see their reactions lol .... My daughter is in love with the 10th Dr so it could be hard on her though
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

Matt Smith is sex-on-a-stick! :bigsmile:

I started watching Who with the second Doctor (Patrick Troughton), although I saw some of William Hartnell's episodes later on. I grew up with Who (and Star Trek, Lost in Space, Timeslip, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants, etc.).. and I've never grown out of it!

Prior to RTD's reboot, Tom Baker was *my* Doctor but now, much as I love Tennant and Smith, Ecclestone (9) is my all-time favourite. I suspect if Smith had had better series, I could have changed my mind but TBH, I really feel he got a bum deal with having Moffatt at the helm. So glad that The Moff will no longer be in charge in the future!
  • vivelerock88
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just joined the group after doing a search of the groups using the words "Doctor Who" so I suspect it's thanks to all of you that I have found this lovely new group to join at all. I'm new to who but catching up quickly. Currently on Series 4 episode 4 and so far I love it. Feel free to add me and hello to everyone. I'll have to come back to this thread later to read over more but I have more Doctor Who to watch first! :wink:
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I finally figured out how to tie a bow tie for my fem 11 cosplay. My head hurts something fierce from frustration but GREAT SUCCESS!