Doctor Who

Options

Replies

• LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I like Clare. Was there a souffle mention in this new episode? If so I missed it. .
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    my hubby got me started w/ the 9th on netflix. Loved Tenant & Matt Smith. Amy & Rory are my favorites. My older 2 boys were a Dalek & the 11th Dr for halloween. my pics are on my profile. They wanted to me to be River, but there was no way I looked like River at all. Next year, one wants to be the 4th dr and the other one a Cyberman. Even my 3 yr old is hooked. My inlaws gave us their old entertainment cabinet. It looks like the Tardis w/ the way the doors are on it. It is referred to as the Tardis now. We haven't painted it yet. It is so hard not to shudder whenever we come across angel statues. My hubby got me a "Stay Calm, Don't Blink" t-shirt that jut now is starting to fit. Going to post the pic as soon as he gets it to me.

Whovians Unite!
  • here
    here Posts: 69
    Options
    Pft, I just made a new topic with Doctor Who and didn't see this one.

Wanted to show off to Doctor Who fans, my friends animation!!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/puppets/doctor-who-gets-animated-5kon
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I miss K9 and was happy to see him make an apperance a few seasons ago. I too got back into it recently and did a LOT of netflix to catch up.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Pft, I just made a new topic with Doctor Who and didn't see this one.

Wanted to show off to Doctor Who fans, my friends animation!!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/puppets/doctor-who-gets-animated-5kon

Very cool! Give your friend my kudos :)
  • jamieralph
    jamieralph Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So, thoughts on last week's episode (The Rings of Akhaten). Would ask about this week's but don't want to spoil it for some people as it only screened last night.

Well it looked amazing, although I'm not too sure about the aliens in this episode, they looked a bit too Star Wars Cantina for me. Wasn't too keen on the big bad, the sun reminded me of the sun from 42 (crossed with a pumpkin!). The conclusion was a bit rubbish too.

Overall it was all a bit meh to me. Looked great and if it'd ended 10 minutes earlier it would've been a lot better (even if the story would've been unresolved! lol).
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    So, thoughts on last week's episode (The Rings of Akhaten). Would ask about this week's but don't want to spoil it for some people as it only screened last night.

Well it looked amazing, although I'm not too sure about the aliens in this episode, they looked a bit too Star Wars Cantina for me. Wasn't too keen on the big bad, the sun reminded me of the sun from 42 (crossed with a pumpkin!). The conclusion was a bit rubbish too.

Overall it was all a bit meh to me. Looked great and if it'd ended 10 minutes earlier it would've been a lot better (even if the story would've been unresolved! lol).

I think the same - i was sure i saw a couple of the characters from the cantina in the background too though that may just be by association.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Ha! I was totally thinkin' Star Wars with all those alien characters! :tongue:

Also felt a bit meh about the ep.
  • spud_chick
    Options

I think the same - i was sure i saw a couple of the characters from the cantina in the background too though that may just be by association.

I thought it might be a deliberate homage :)

It was ok. I'm not a huge fan of the singing, or what seems like an over-reliance on emotional manipulation. That stuff is like frosting on a cupcake, it can completely ruin the substance instead of enhancing it.

I did enjoy the doctor/companion interactions though. I thought Clara might end up being a little too sharp and strident for me at first, but I really like her.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the singing, or what seems like an over-reliance on emotional manipulation. That stuff is like frosting on a cupcake, it can completely ruin the substance instead of enhancing it.

So true. I'm glad Cold War cut back on that a bit. I'm also glad Clara got a bit of a wake up call that life with the Doctor is dangerous, that people die. I think Rings of Akhaten all seemed like a dream to her.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    <--- nuff said ;)
  • spud_chick
    Options
    I forgot to keep an eye out for the next episode (Cold War). Practically a Game of Thrones crossover episode! Davos, Edmure, and a guy who played a white walker.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm getting bored with Clara. She seemed so fascinating in Asylum of the Daleks and The Snowmen. She was still interesting in The Bells of St. John, but last week and then with Cold War, I just found her 'meh'. The speedy, witty diaglogue isn't what it was and her chemistry with the Doctor the last few episodes was meh as well.

As a side, I don't get why the TARDIS translated those Russians into English with an English accent. Huh?

I'm not normally a harsh critic (I abolutely loved the Ponds, so there's your proof right there), but I don't know. I wanted to love her and she just hasn't knocked my socks off yet. Going to be patient and allow her character to develop.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    The writing doesn't seem quite as consistent this season, so that might have something to do with it. I agree they didn't give Clara all that much to do in Cold War.
  • jamieralph
    Options
    As a side, I don't get why the TARDIS translated those Russians into English with an English accent. Huh?

It's been that way for years, Vincent Van Gogh spoke with a Scottish accent a few years back.
  • mruntidy
    Options
    Last nights episode - meh
    It took the lord of the rings route of saying what it did
  • jamieralph
    Options
    I liked it, not much of a story and some things weren't explained clearly (ie were those zombies created after the crash by time leaking and repeating on itself a multiple times until The Doctor and Clara broke the chain (Sorry trying not to spoil it! lol)? Or were they from previous incarnations? Hmm this non spoilery description is getting harder by the second! Wibbly, wobbly, timey wimey.

I really liked last week's episode too although I didn't see any point in the crooked man having a crooked bride which they had to reunite. Felt a bit filler.

The week before, 'Cold War' I initially liked but like it less now I've had time to reflect on it. I liked the threat of the Ice Warrior but the whole CGI Ice Warrior lizard looked crap.

For me Series 7b isn't as good as 7a so far.
  • mruntidy
    Options
    I lost interest in Cold War as soon as i noticed the Russians all using Colt 1911 pistols

Hopefully it is a case of putting puzzle pieces in for a big ahhhh moment but i think previous series have done this in a much more fluid manner so this one seems clunky to me
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    2n184e1.jpg
  • spud_chick
    Options
    I liked The Crimson Horror, but I love anytime they go back to older England. And Diana Rigg was almost as much fun as she has been in Game of Thrones.