Doctor Who

Options

Replies

• cathyc71
    cathyc71 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love Doctor Who!! I'm actually wearing some Who jewlery today... red converse earrings and a bow tie necklace :happy:

My best friend started me with 9 and I've been hooked ever since! :flowerforyou: You always remember your first, :heart: but I'm in love with 10! With netflix I've started from the beginning, so funny to see how it all started and how far it's come.
  • bucketbott
    bucketbott Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started watching during the 10th Doctor's reign (I started with the 9th Doctor, though)! The 11th and 4th Doctor are my favorites. I'm currently learning how to do half crochet so I can make my own Tom Baker scarf :happy:
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I started watching during the 10th Doctor's reign (I started with the 9th Doctor, though)! The 11th and 4th Doctor are my favorites. I'm currently learning how to do half crochet so I can make my own Tom Baker scarf :happy:

I've also been thinking about making a Baker scarf!
  • bucketbott
    Options

Awesome! You should post pics if you do!
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options

I know it's crocheted, but I kind of want to knit it instead...
  • bucketbott
    Options

I know it's crocheted, but I kind of want to knit it instead...

I think it's actually supposed to be knit but I'm going to do crochet because it's supposed about 100x easier and I'm a total newb. It's the same basic idea anyway, yeah?
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Check out:

http://vermontpublictv.blogspot.com/2012/07/doctor-who-scarf-knitting-or-crochet.html?showComment=1362055610683#c83393407811453025

The yarn length for the tassels should be 12 inches, not 1 inch.

I really wanted to make the shorter "stunt" version but carpal tunnel and trigger thumb ended my knitting days.
  • jamieralph
    jamieralph Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    'Doctor Who': Dalek designer Ray Cusick dies at 84
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/23/ray-cusick-designer/

"Future Alien director Ridley Scott, who was then working at the BBC, had been originally scheduled to design the look of the Daleks but, because of a scheduling conflict, Cusick was handed the task."

I thought it was Terry Nation?

Nation was the writer on all the early Dalek stories and came up with the concept of them. Cuisack designed the iconic look of them but gets very little credit because he was on the BBC payroll working as a designer rather than a writer.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    'Doctor Who': Dalek designer Ray Cusick dies at 84
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/23/ray-cusick-designer/

"Future Alien director Ridley Scott, who was then working at the BBC, had been originally scheduled to design the look of the Daleks but, because of a scheduling conflict, Cusick was handed the task."

I thought it was Terry Nation?

Nation was the writer on all the early Dalek stories and came up with the concept of them. Cuisack designed the iconic look of them but gets very little credit because he was on the BBC payroll working as a designer rather than a writer.

It's nice that he got some posthumous props, at least.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately he only has the movie and a bunch of radio plays.

Saw the movie with Paul McGann today. Kind of surprised it didn't restart an interest in the series right then. I liked.
  • jamieralph
    Options
    Less than 2 weeks to go. :happy:
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I fell in love with Doctor Who, in November, have since watched all the new ones, up to the next episode, (Which I can't wait for!!) 10's my favorite too but they all have good points. I'm starting now to watch the old ones, at least the ones on Netflix. :)
  • Amazon_Who
    Options
    Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am a total Whovian. I wish it still came on Scifi though. BBC America cuts stuff out to fit the commercials. :grumble:
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    The new episode was pretty good :) wont spoil things though, ill just say i enjoyed it
  • Amazon_Who
    Options
    The new episode was pretty good :) wont spoil things though, ill just say i enjoyed it
    Thank you we have 2 hours to go.
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yay, fitness peeps that are Dr Who fans!!! Must try cardio to Who.

I loved The Bells of St. John. Looking forward to finding out more about Clara!
  • jamieralph
    Options
    Yay, fitness peeps that are Dr Who fans!!! Must try cardio to Who.

I loved The Bells of St. John. Looking forward to finding out more about Clara!

I tend to listen to Doctor Who podcasts when on the treadmill. Stops me getting bored.

Me too, I suspect the Great Intelligence (from the Christmas episode and shown again right at the end of the episode) has something to do with her either directly or indirectly.

Loved how the bells of St John wasn't what I was expecting. Was so obvious the second they showed the TARDIS!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    BBC officially confirmed David Tennant and Billie Piper will be back for the 50th anniversary special
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21980892

my feelings on this: oExxIic.gif
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've heard all kinds of speculation who Clara might be, but I kinda hope that she's something new. Like an alien similar to a Time Lord, or something. Please don't let her be River, or anyone else we've already met.

I'm not a big Rose fan, but the 10th Doctor is my favorite!