I love Dr Who just been getting through all the series again and loving it
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yay! There are Whovians here! ^_^
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Are there any other Big Finish Whovians around? I really should set up a direct deposit of my paycheck into their coffers, because every time I'm like I'M DONE FOR NOW, NO MORE they come up with something new that tugs at my purse strings.

15 years of Big Finish is of course going to be celebrated with something I need:

http://bigfinish.com/news/v/the-worlds-of-doctor-who-announced

Between this and Dark Eyes 2 coming out soon, they're causing me heart palpitations.
  • flyingjack
    flyingjack Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are whovians, albeit whovians with busy lives. We are still watching David Tennant's series...
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    So apparently "Doctor" in Hanzi as well as in Kanji, looks like... a man in a box. I'm convinced that he's holding a screwdriver. CONVINCED.

Coincidence? I think not.

Second entry down at the website below... 医

http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php?page=worddict&wdrst=0&wdqb=doctor
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    I'm majorly in love with Doctor Who & am trying to convert everyone I know as well :) I knew a bit about the Classic episodes from when I was younger but we didn't get them on TV. My husband is absolutely baffled by my obsession but mostly just rolls his eyes about it. Although I think the eleventh Doctor is awesome & bow ties are definitely cool I have to say that ten is still my favorite out of all of them.
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Yay! There are Whovians here! ^_^

My thoughts exactly on seeing this post! I don't know of any Whovians around my area & was beginning to wonder if other Whovians (in the US at least) was just a myth
  • HugoMartinez66
    HugoMartinez66 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Would always catch a random episode on BBC America and never understood what was going on. Then 4 years ago while on a month long project in the back country of the Gilla National Forest I was properly introduced. Been hooked ever since.
  • HugoMartinez66
    HugoMartinez66 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'd just as soon Moffatt skipped the winking so much and worked at knitting his plots better but I don't think he's "catering to 'obsessives'" by bothering to explain why another regeneration was possible.

Here here! Every time I hear Moffatt speak on this issue, it sounds like he has so little respect for the watchers. Not even necessarily the hardcore fans, but just the people who would like to watch two episodes in a row and have them make cogent sense together.

This is way it initially took me so long to get in to the show.