November 2013 Babies

Options

Replies

• ajzmann
    ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ah, @kcasey, hope you're feeling good! I'm starting to get anxious, which I had hoped I wouldn't until MUCH closer to my due date.

Sending good healthy thoughts your way!
  • nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi!! I'm 36 &2. Starting to feel major pressure to get.things ready for.baby. My husband isn't nearly as supportive but he wasn't last time either. I have a 2yo to keep happy all day & just recently lightened my home Daycare load to 0-3 days a week. Well, no zero yet but maybe this week? Lol. I feel like trying or having to maintain this pace is making it less likely that I'll last til.40 weeks. I could be just wishful thinking but I don't know. Hope everyone is feeling good.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I must admit I've had most things ready for the baby since about 34 weeks, apart from the travel cot and car seat that will arrive in the next couple of days. My midwife wasn't sure I'd make it to 39 weeks so now at 40+1 I'm twiddling my thumbs a bit!

So ajzmann as I missed the beginning of this thread is this your first child? What are you feeling anxious about exactly? I should probably say that I am 35 and we have four boys already, ages 3 to 10 years. So this baby is my fifth and last child and only girl (I did get them to double check!). I'm sure she'll be my last, then in about six months I'll get my tubes tied, to avoid worrying about it for the next 10 years.

Nan I'm sure you will manage and get to your due date. Providing daycare a few days a weeks must be easier than looking after four riotous boys 24 hours a day, as long as you're looking after yourself. At least if you're used to looking after more than one child at a time having two won't be too much of a shock to the system. My other half doesn't help out much either until the last minute, so I know that one aswell.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    peeking in on the November Mama's because watching you all start to pop gives me hope for my Dec/Jan baby :smile:
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I, too, have always been a lurker of this thread because I'm due on 12/1 and, well, you just never know (and my doctor thinks it's unlikely that I'll make it to my due date)! 35w, 2d and my levels of feeling anxious are bursting!

Hope you ladies are doing well (:
  • ajzmann
    Options
    @kcasey, Yep, this is my first! I'm just anxious to meet this little being that's been wiggling all around and making me lose sleep. ;)
    I was OK not knowing the sex for most of the pregnancy until recently. I'm really anxious to know now!

Honestly, we have lots of stuff to get done, so I need these next three weeks for preparations. We still have to get our crib!

I did go to the doctor today. Had my GBS test and scheduled my next three appointments. (ONLY THREE LEFT!)
  • nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options
    I had them double check that mine is a girl too! Lol I just felt so lucky w my timing & planning spot on. And I wanted a girl. I'm getting fixed too probably sometime after my VBAC (fingers crossed) . I just turned 35 & 2 girls is my perfect number!
  • kcasey155
    Options
    With the first four I didn't find out their sex and each was a surprise, which was lovely the first few times. This time I knew it was a bit different and wanted to know I wasn't imagining it! We didn't agree to find out, but I knew this time I wanted to know for sure. I've really enjoyed each of my pregnancies and am sure going to miss it, but we really don't have the space or resources for any more kids.

This is a magical time for you then ajzmann! Expecting and delivering your first child is a time of great anxiety, intrepidation and wonder. You also think you'll never be ready and you'll never cope, but 99% of us do. Newborns need very little, so don't overdo it. You don't have to have every gadget going, just the essentials - clothes, diapers, somewhere to sleep safely and some way of getting about. Other things you might as well get as and when you find you need them otherwise you'll end up with things that never get used (we've all done it!).

Nan that was well planned! I hope you get the VBAC you want.

Sschwark do you know what you're expecting or will he/she be a surprise? Is this your second child?
  • her4g63
    Options
    @ajzmann - ahh, i bet you are starting to get super excited to find out! I wish I could have done that with at least one of mine but I'm so darn nosy that I always just *need* to know! And I wholeheartedly agree with everything kcasey said (:

@nan - eek, great job! That sounds perfectly planned (:

@kcasey - I do know what I'm expecting - another girl! I have a 3-year old girl now and since I was a hoarder with all of her things, I had pretty much everything for this one (thankfully 'cause my gosh baby stuff is expensive). How are you feeling? You're two days over your due date, right?
  • kcasey155
    Options
    Two girls together will be lovely. My daughter will have to make do with her four big brothers, though I just had my three younger brothers and didn't really miss having a sister.

Yes, two days overdue now. Just trying to keep busy and not think about it. I have a check up with my midwife booked for 11am tomorrow. Then I expect she'll book me in provisionally for induction at 10 days over and offer me a cervical/membrane sweep. I'll have all the kids with me and too much to do with Halloween etc, so will ask if I can book an extra appointment for Monday (41w) when the kids are all in school for the sweep. I've had the sweep with two previous pregnancies and each time labour started within 48 hours. Of course, it could happen any time and usually I've had at least one false start by now where contractions have started then faded away again. But nowt yet.
  • ajzmann
    Options
    Happy birth month, November mommas!
  • kcasey155
    Options
    Looks like I'm going to be a November mum! 40+4 and still not a twinge. :ohwell:
  • ajzmann
    Options
    @kcasey155, Welcome to our birth group!

:) Hang in there, momma!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Peeking in from the Oct board to say - welcome to November ladies - how exciting!
  • kcasey155
    Options
    Hey girls, quick note to say labour is well under way. 40+6 today and woke up with contractions an hour or so ago. Had a show about 45 minutes ago. Have taken some paracetamol and am now getting in the bath. We're gonna have a baby today!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nan199678
    Options
    Kcasey! Yay!!! I hope you're doing well. I've had contractions & pressure since the afternoon. It's calmer now that I'm lying down. I'm trying not to get too excited but I'm happy to.feel my body preparing to do her magic! 37 weeks today due the 24th! Would love to go sooner!!
  • ajzmann
    Options
    It's getting exciting over here! @kcasey155, your baby is probably here! Can't wait to see some photos!

Feeling good here, but feeling like my little one is just fine staying put. No real contractions, and everything seems sealed up tight. :)

18 days to go!
  • nan199678
    Options
    Just BH since Sunday! I was really hoping that I was going to progress into labor but it's OK. Tonight I made eggplant parm, salad w balsamic Vin & pineapples for dessert. Lol. I'm gonna just keep trying natural nudges! I'm pretty much ready at home for baby & getting really uncomfortable. Tomorrow I go see my midwife so I'm hoping for a little cervical progress even tho I know that can mean nothing. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • kcasey155
    Options
    Hang in there Nan and keep us updated! Excited for you x

Well, baby Rosanna arrived Sunday at 1758hrs after a great labour and delivery, which I've posted on the 'Due in October' thread if you're interested in details. She was 8lb 4oz and is a delight. :happy: . I'm not doing too badly myself - getting about six hours sleep a day, but have had chronic backache since she arrived. I'm hoping in a few days it'll ease off and I'll be feeling stronger again. Otherwise, she's feeding great and all is well. :smile:
  • her4g63
    Options
    How is everyone feeling?!

Nan, how did your midwife appointment go yesterday? Hopefully all is well and progressing nicely (:

CONGRATS, kcasey! (: