Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Toni!!! LOL!!! I just laughed so hard that my husband asked what was so funny!!!!!

eta: I hope it's okay to laugh at your word "butthigh"...especially now that it's melllllting away.

It is solo OK to laugh...humor gets me through.. even laughing at myself.. often
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    All of the NSV's made me smile reading them today! :smile:

Speaking of not looking one's age, a lady told me yesterday that I didn't look my age with my 8 year old son with me. Although, she may have been waxing me over to get me to buy the expensive cosmetics that I ended up caving on. Ah well, I'll take it where I can get it! :laugh:
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Well, there could be something to all this "not looking your age" stuff........ I read something yesterday that said that high intensity workouts help to increase your own natural production of HGH!! Natural (and powerful) anti-aging!!!
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    Options
    A female co-worker that doesn't see me all the time said, "Dang, LIz! You're looking good! Not hitting on you or anything, but you look good!"

I can finally see a difference in myself in the mirror - this is a big one for me. I see it in my face more than my body, but I CAN see it and that makes me happy. :smile:
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    A female co-worker that doesn't see me all the time said, "Dang, LIz! You're looking good! Not hitting on you or anything, but you look good!"

I can finally see a difference in myself in the mirror - this is a big one for me. I see it in my face more than my body, but I CAN see it and that makes me happy. :smile:

Awww....that is so nice to get such a compliment from a co-worker. We are always the last to "notice" the changes in our bodies...I wonder why that is so...heehee. Go head on and strut your stuff...you work hard to do so!!:happy:
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options

Oh that is a good one! I wonder if people know how much a compliment like that can keep a person going.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    Options

Awww....that is so nice to get such a compliment from a co-worker. We are always the last to "notice" the changes in our bodies...I wonder why that is so...heehee. Go head on and strut your stuff...you work hard to do so!!:happy:

Thank you and I will! :tongue:

Oh that is a good one! I wonder if people know how much a compliment like that can keep a person going.

I know, because it really does! I don't know if I had a big, goofy grin on my face or not, but I was beaming on the inside!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I had to buy new pants because I can't get my old ones to stay up anymore. Bought size 11/12's and they fit!!!!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    I had to buy new pants because I can't get my old ones to stay up anymore. Bought size 11/12's and they fit!!!!

That's awesome! That had to feel great!

The clothing nsv's are bitter-sweet, aren't they? My greatest goal is to go down in size, but I'll panic when it happens b/c I sure can't afford to replace my whole wardrobe! Need.More.Drawstring.Pants! haha
  • EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My NSV this weekend, I'm back in my UK size 10 jeans, absolutely landed!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone has some great NSV! I haven't pulled out my last year clothes yet, but I think I'll have to break it into piles too. I brought a lot of new sizes from my weight gain after my injury, my maternity clothes were winter so that pile is out.

My NSV was Friday morning, I looked at the mirror and felt that I actually looked better now than I did right before pregnancy. I still have inches to lose but this is the most I've worked out since I had the okay to do so after physical therapy. I know people look at me like I am crazy when I use my 2011 Achilles injury as my reason for weight gain despite just having a baby 7 weeks ago, but I have successfully lost that weight. :smile:
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    went to visit my daughter for her 19th birthday today. It was the first time I've seen her since Christmas and the first thing she said to me is "Mom, you're so skinny!". Of course it could be her sucking up for a good present! lol
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    Options
    I have ruined many a shirt by rubbing my belly against the countertop when I've recently wiped it down with bleach. The other day I was doing dishes and I was wearing a shirt that had not yet been ruined, so I kept backing up to make sure I didn't rub against the counter. I happened to look down after doing it a few times and I realized something: my belly doesn't rub the counter anymore. :glasses:
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Even though the scale hasn't moved much, I am now squarely in the size 12 range! The 14s are all officially too big.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    Options
    Even though the scale hasn't moved much, I am now squarely in the size 12 range! The 14s are all officially too big.

Isn't that a great feeling? This is where I am as well. Can't wait until I'm in a 10!

My husband gave me a big hug and said, "Oh, wait... Look! I can reach around you and grab my elbows!" :happy:
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options

Isn't that a great feeling? This is where I am as well. Can't wait until I'm in a 10!

My husband gave me a big hug and said, "Oh, wait... Look! I can reach around you and grab my elbows!" :happy:

A hubby that noticed a physical change??? :noway:
    He is a keeper!!!! :wink:
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi All, New Belt Loop day!!!!!! Yay!!!

Edit: notch, hole, whatever, you understand, my waist is smaller :drinker:
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi All, New Belt Loop day!!!!!! Yay!!!

Edit: notch, hole, whatever, you understand, my waist is smaller :drinker:

We get it...LOL!! That is such a gooood feeling, too!! Congrats for all your hard work!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • mycrazy8splus1
    Options
    I helped out with our church yard sale this weekend and at the end we could pick out anything we wanted for free. I took some clothes in smaller sizes hoping to be in them soon. When I got home I decided to try on the size 10 jeans to see if they would even go over my hips and they fit! They weren't completely comfortable so I will only wear them as back up pants for right now but I got them on and zipped without having to lay down on the bed! NSV!!!!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Yay for gettin' into size 10s!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
    You're livin' my dream!

(At the moment, I can squeeze into 10s too, but I'd have to walk like Frankenstein.) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: