Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Well, my husband has been very chatty about the improvements in my body. I won't go into details, but he likey likey. But even better than that, today he kept going on and on about how proud he is of me. He just kept saying that, "I'm so proud of you, the proudest I could ever be." It's this kind of remark that makes me really understand that I am not the same person that I once was. :smile:
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    New Bra-hook day! Second, and fairly new bra, so not just stretched out.:bigsmile: These are the NSVs I celebrate whole-heartedly when the scale isn't exactly moving at the pace I'd like.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Bagged up 6 pairs of jeans/pants to get rid of today! They've been too big to wear for awhile, but I'm feeling confident enough to throw them out now.
  • LouMonoLou
    LouMonoLou Posts: 192
    Options
    Congrats guys! That's a very inspiring topic because scales often lie.

My NSV so far are:

1. I can wear rings.
    2. My jeans belt's holes (from 3rd to 7th)
    3. I can run more than 2 minutes. I know for most of you it is not that much but I never ran and I have asthma.
    4. I can do 5 push-ups in a row. Again,I didn't use to workout at all in my entire life.
    5. My old pair of jeans is REALLY large.

I can't think of another nsv right now so that's it. :P
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Easter...

1) I wore a princess waistline without any fear of looking pregnant. I actually looked quite thin. I'm actually starting to look pretty good in clothes. (Now just to look good in a bathing suit and/or "out of clothes"!)
    2) A cousin commented on how thin I looked.
    3) Cousin also asked if I had been to the beach...because I was looking so tan!! All my walking/jogging is getting me just the right amount of "vitamin sunshine"!
  • ctpeace
    Options
    For those of you who have done "Insanity" and were overweight when you started, you'll know what I mean. You know the "IN-OUT ABS" move? The one where you jump from plank to a froggy position and back? I used to have to open my knees to accomodate the belly, and last night, magically, I did it right! Knees together! Mind you, I didn't do a ton, but it felt so good!
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    One of my many NSV's.... I am continuing to be consistent and dedicated to this lifestyle!! :smile:
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Carley, that is something to brag about....WTG on being able to "properly" do those In-Out ABS moves in the Insanity dvd!!!

Allison: I am going to stand in line next to you about being consistent and dedicated to this lifestyle!! Let's keep doing it!!:happy:
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    On my walk yesterday my niece who I haven't seen in while said:" before I knew it was you", I said. " man that girl is fit" which is good to here . I so needed to hear that also. Motivation to kept going
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    On my walk yesterday my niece who I haven't seen in while said:" before I knew it was you", I said. " man that girl is fit" which is good to here . I so needed to hear that also. Motivation to kept going

LOVE IT! That's awesome!
  • PamHealthMission
    Options

Toni, that is GREAT!!! See, all your hard work is showing up in a big way...stay healthy & fit!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    getting ready for my kids award banquet tonight I was able to comfortably wear a shirt that has always been a little on the tight side. Not any more!!
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I bought my first pair of size 10 capri pants today! :happy: Just in time for my birthday getaway with the girls this weekend!
  • ctpeace
    Options
    I bought my first pair of size 10 capri pants today! :happy: Just in time for my birthday getaway with the girls this weekend!
    yay!
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    I started this second round of CLX lifting an average of EIGHT pounds heavier per circuit :wink: than when I first started this program in 2010!! I have gotten so much stronger:smile:
  • ctpeace
    Options
    my size 10 goal pants now button! still too tight, but these are ones my MIL bought after my pregnancy,and I really like them. I haven't been this size since pre-baby, and it feels great!
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    Options
    I started this second round of CLX lifting an average of EIGHT pounds heavier per circuit :wink: than when I first started this program in 2010!! I have gotten so much stronger:smile:

Wow! Look at you! Strong is beautiful!
    my size 10 goal pants now button! still too tight, but these are ones my MIL bought after my pregnancy,and I really like them. I haven't been this size since pre-baby, and it feels great!

Yay! I know exactly how you feel! This is the smallest I've been since pre-SECOND baby (there is a third - lol). So, smallest in about six years now.

I did my measurements today (I tend to slack in keeping up with it), and my BMI is 25.7 (.71 away from "healthy" weight) and my BF% is 27.36 (putting me right in the middle of the "average" category). :happy:
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    Options
    If you're on my friends list, then you've probably already seen this on one of my status updates. For those that aren't on it, I bought a "backyard bikini" the other day. I call it that because I only plan on wearing it in my backyard for now! I've worn it the last two days to catch some sun while the kids played in the sprinkler. Maybe by the end of summer (or next summer - no rush :laugh:) I will be beach bikini ready! :smile:
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Yay for you, Liz!
  • PamHealthMission
    Options
    YAY Liz!!! You are in such great shape!!

For me, this morning my sweet DH was leaving for work and "felt my shoulders by sliding hands downward on my arms and said "Oh Wow...you feel real firm"....LOL!! I guess all this strength training with the dumbbells and push-ups is showing out...LOL!!